NEurope
badboyace84

if you havn't pre-oredered

I cancelled my Wii preorder there. Amazon will get me the Wii quicker instead.

Will they though? I know Amazon is pretty good at it and all (Ive always had good experience with them), but I'm beginning to wonder now (I'm going thru a post pre-order stress!).

The standing order page says 8-9th and they haven't dispatched mine yet. I reckon it will have to be dispatched within the next 10 hours or so to realistically have it delivered on time?

Hey everyone, I'm new but am goddam desperate to get a Wii on friday or sat. My mum told me not to waste my money :indeed: but then she saw a dvd i had showing wii sports and then something on the news and was like "wow, that looks brilliant. Have you ordered one?" I was angry. Anyway, no i havent so now I'm looking for somewhere I can go to get one.

So yeah, i live near Poole and Bournemouth, anywhere you can recommend in that area to look? There is at least one of all these shops in my area: PC world, Comet, Currys, Dixons, Woolworths, plus some supermarkets and maybe some others ive forgotten. oh and then Game and Gamestation, but obviously they'll be sold out. Do you know if that "ring up on thurs night or turn up on fri morning" is applying to all the PC world shops? Or are some taking pre-orders? Also sorry this is a huge post. My first one, its late so I'm quite tired and a little over-excited :hehe:

Im over in christchurch. So pretty damn near to you. I have tried PC World in christchurch and they have said that all their wii's have been taken for :( . I went into woolworths and the stupid chavvy girl behind the counter didnt seem to have a clue what a wii was, even though they had a wii poster and boxes in the store.

Other than that I reccomend trying john lewis, Il be trying the one in southampton, cant remember if theres one in bournemouth or not.

As last resorts you could always try places such as argos, littlewoods, smiths as well as tesco and other supermarkets.

If all else fails your pretty much guaranteed to get one in the next week or so, So dont be too grumpy if you dont get one. My friend preordered so il just play on his for a week :laughing:

Have been phoning around a few local stores and have found some that will be stocking in extremely limited numbers (no surprise there).

As I usually pre-order , I am new to this lets queue up lark , so how long before the stores open would be a good time to start queuing , or should I be making way there now instead of posting this?

For anyone who's interested, I think WHSmith are only getting pre-ordered stock in. I work at one of the bigger stores, and I think we're getting 6 in to fill the 6 pre-orders. Don't hold me to that, but I'm sure the notices I've read have said that. Won't stop me seeing when I go to work this evening if there are any spare! And perhaps seeing if I can open one of the boxes and have a peek at it! I always get to prepare new releases on a thursday night too - I'll just spend all my time looking at the twilight princess manual!:bouncy:

Comet: All stock taken in online pre-orders. Stores are getting NO stock to put on the shelves on Friday.

John Lewis: Say they have not received any stock yet. Unknown whether they will receive any tomorrow.

Tesco: Say they are not stocking Wii at all.

PC World: Say all stock taken via pre-orders.

Any other ideas guys?

i love this thread.... only i think it should have a new title

'if you haven't preordered..... HA HA'

Comet: All stock taken in online pre-orders. Stores are getting NO stock to put on the shelves on Friday.

John Lewis: Say they have not received any stock yet. Unknown whether they will receive any tomorrow.

PC World: Say all stock taken via pre-orders.

Any other ideas guys?

Some of that's wrong.

John Lewis - Are stocking it in very small amounts. Bluewater store has 15 units, and has them already.

Tesco - Only ten stores stocking it.

for anyone who would like to try there luck at asda's at midnight here is a list of stores getting some, the number is how many they are getting:

List supplied by asda customer service

The 24hr store's will be selling them from midnight thursday

Store Name Hardware Store Name Hardware Store Name Hardware

EASTLANDS 10 MILTON OF CRAIGIE 10 WIGAN 15

BEDMINSTER 10 NEWPORT 10 MORLEY 15

BEXLEY HEATH 10 NUNEATON 10 PATCHWAY 15

BILTON-HULL 10 PENTWYN 10 SUTTON ASHFIELD 15

BLACKWOOD 10 PETERLEE 10 SWANLEY 15

CAERPHILLY 10 PUDSEY 10 TOTTON (SOUTHAMPTON) 15

EDINBURGH 10 SCUNTHORPE 10 WAKEFIELD DURKAR 15

CANNOCK 10 SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 10 WEST BRIDGFORD 15

CANTERBURY 10 STANLEY 10 WESTBROOK 15

CARCROFT 10 EASTLEIGH 10 WOLSTANTON 15

CARLISLE 10 TORYGLEN 10 BENTON 20

CLAYTON GREEN 10 TRAFFORD PARK 10 DAGENHAM 20

COLCHESTER 10 TUNSTALL 10 DYCE 20

COLINDALE 10 WALSALL 10 GREAT BRIDGE 20

COLNE 10 WALTON 10 HUYTON 20

CORTONWOOD 10 WATFORD 10 KINGSWOOD 20

DONNINGTON WOOD 10 WINSFORD 10 LEICESTER 20

DUNSTABLE 10 WOLVERHAMPTON 10 OADBY 20

EASTGATE 10 BLACKPOOL 15 PLYMOUTH 20

FALMOUTH 10 BODMIN 15 QUESLETT 20

FARNBOROUGH 10 BOLDON 15 SWANSEA 20

FELTHAM 10 MILTON KEYNES 15 TAMWORTH 20

GRAVESEND 10 BRIGHTON 15 AINTREE 25

HARLOW 10 CARDIFF BAY 15 BRIDGE OF DEE 25

HATFIELD 10 CWMBRAN 15 CARDIFF 25

HORWICH 10 DUMBARTON 15 DERBY 25

HYDE,GB 10 DUNFERMLINE 15 FAREHAM 25

ISLE OF DOGS 10 ELGIN 15 HAVANT 25

KENDAL 10 GLOUCESTER 15 LONGWELL GREEN 25

KILLINGBECK 10 GOVAN 15 MINWORTH 25

KILMARNOCK 10 HAYDON 15 NORWICH 25

LISCARD 10 HESSLE 15 QUEENSFERRY 25

MARINA (BRIGHTON) 10 IPSWICH 15 SHEFFIELD 25

LANCASTER 15 YORK 25

i love this thread.... only i think it should have a new title

'if you haven't preordered..... HA HA'

I got one already, I queued up at Best Buy in Washington, DC and got one for my gf for Xmas. I just want another one for myself now!

Yeah, my current plan is queuing at Asda / Walmart.

I just want a backup plan for the morning if I don't get one tonight.

Anyone know which Tescos are getting them?

Is this just for launch? Or are they not stocking wii's ever? :confused:

If its the latter, tescos suck.

Well I know they already do, I used to work there.

Just looked on the tesco web site, there is a small wii advert on it. So must mean they are stocking them at some time in the future, if not tomorrow.

I don't do preorders:) i will buy mine in the shops in spring when everything gets quiet again

Looks like we're just going to have to wait now. There isnt exactly much I can do, frantically rang up all the nearest stores, including sainsburys (i was desperate) but basically all of them have been preordering and they wont have any tomorrow morning to buy in-store

Where do you reckon the best place is to order now? Im thinking of somewhere that is likely to get a few more shipments of concoles, but that wont have hundreds of pre-orders already (i dont want to be like 150th on the list or ill be waiting until march!) Can you think of anywhere? I'm basically ruling out Game and Gamestation and the like, cause theyre bound to have loads of orders, right? I just really am so desperate to get this damn console now, I know I was stupid to not pre-order and I know I will be punished accordingly with all you guys going "its fricking awesome!" for weeks :( Ah well, help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

I will have one 2moro, im gonna ask £250 for it if anyones interested.

(Thats alot cheaper than i could of got on Ebay)

well its half 5 most shops now closed so i will have to get to town soo early. have re rang pc world and they said the store will be getting wii's but on a 1st come 1st serve basis. So if i get there at opening i have a 75% chance of getting 1 or so the bloke said. I am going to stay up untill 12 tonight to see if the website changes so i can arange store pick up but i doubt that will work. I know of 1 shop that will have extra wii's but will be charging 280 quid with one game and there is no way i will be paying that much it rediculous. if all else fails its going to hmv and seeing if anybody nolonger wants their pre order. get them to ring a few people.

Thanks Andy, sorry didnt read your reply before i posted again :) I rang up everywhere and couldnt find any shop that you mentioned that will have them in tomorrow, at least not within the distance I can travel

Looks like Im going to have to wait a bit, but I'll just keep checking at local stores and hope! Thanks anyway for the help. Oh and that studio 24 site apparently only delivers in the new year. Nice though if you want to be guarenteed! Cheers everyone :)

well its half 5 most shops now closed so i will have to get to town soo early. have re rang pc world and they said the store will be getting wii's but on a 1st come 1st serve basis. So if i get there at opening i have a 75% chance of getting 1 or so the bloke said. I am going to stay up untill 12 tonight to see if the website changes so i can arange store pick up but i doubt that will work. I know of 1 shop that will have extra wii's but will be charging 280 quid with one game and there is no way i will be paying that much it rediculous. if all else fails its going to hmv and seeing if anybody nolonger wants their pre order. get them to ring a few people.

i can guess the shop in truro that be sell for 280 will be console connection lol they alway do this if you remeber last year , if u wanted a 360 u needed to buy 6 game to get it

yeah its console connections dont wanna buy from there and wont at that price hopefully pc world will have a few

they alwasy do this make the most of the sortage, if you want some help tescos extea in pool have got 5 consoel but staff have pick first and asda got 10 but the same there with staff,

if you in truro in the morning u see me going about trying to find the thing s i need

oh right im in town most of the day as im working in town , ill me hopful getting wiimots

im number 3 on game list for console so my console is alright , ill check my fingers crossed for u

"I hate their adverts.

Their 'average' customers are so funking fake."

Intel Centrino technology and 512mb of grahpics memory for the latest games? I'll take 2!