NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

What will be YOUR Virtual Console SOLUTION?

Just wondering what solution you guys are or are planning to take when gaming classics on the Wii Virtual Console.

I hear the Classic Controller wont work on Gamecube games, so thats a disadvantage.

Neither Classic controller or Gamecube controller will rumble.

Gamecube controllers are WIRED

Wavebirds are supported, but you need to stick that ugly ass reciever on top of your wii.

All solutions have their disadvantages - which one will you take?

Probably get a WaveBird.. seeing as Smash will need it, F-Zero will probably need it.. and I can live without rumble.

As long as I can hold out not selling my GameCube I'll keep the wired one too.

The virtual console controller is expensive for what you get.. no rumble, it's flat and the damned Wiimote is always 1 foot away from you (Joystiq Wii annoyance no. 5)

GameCube controllers appear to be the most useful, and best value for money.. I'm thinking they will release a WaveBird with rumble + bluetooth though.

What else can they do when Smash arrives? Oh sorry it doesn't work with the Wiimote or classic controller.. you have to buy an old GameCube controller off eBay.

I think not.. either they'll keep classic wired Cube controllers in production and on the shelves (I don't see any these days) or they will rebrand the WaveBird as wireless with bluetooth and perhaps rumble. Or perhaps even give you a solution with the game.

i'll be using a wavebird. (who actualy looks at there console when playing a game.

i'll be picking up a classic controler with my wii, i never played a snes before so the controler will be a new thing for me, i wonder what the latch on the back of the classic controler is though, strange.

Plus i've allready got an astranged GC controler below my tv along with my fathfull GC, i guess i'll use whatever works out the best.

I will pick up a classic controller at somepoint but until then I will use my Hori controller for , NES, SNES, Mega Drive and Turbo Grafx. Gamecube comtroller for N64.

I hope at somepoint that nintendo will release a version of the wireless controller that does not depend on the wii mote to work but still has the option to hook it up to it.

I'm sure rumble could be added via a firmware update in the future.

My wavebird has been acting up, I've been trying to play OoT (collecters edition) but the control stick erm.. sticks. If I just flick the control stick up, it'll just carry on going forward and sometimes it wont turn at all. The batteries are fine so I don't know what's up with it. Any help?

I still have a wired GC controller though, so I'll most likely use that. If I get the cash I'll probably buy another wavebird if I can't fix this one.

what frequency is your wavebird on, maybe its out of sync with the little grey box thing

I'm going to buy one Classic Controller at launch, and use my Wavebirds as well. If I like the Classic Controller, I may buy more.

Don't see how a wired pad is a disadvantage. I actually don't like wireless pads, batteries? PFFFF. It's like going back in time, so I don't use my 360 one that is left to the 2nd player. I like my wired stuff. Just less hassle and it's perfect length for my room.

I'm getting a Classic with my bundle, so thats Mario 64 sorted.

I'm really disapointed that NIntendo couldnt include analogue shoulder buttons for the Classic and rumble in either. I'm hopeful either Nintendo or a reputable third party will provide a GC solution for rumbled wireless play.

Well, if they make a wavebird 2, with a smaller reciever and with classic controller buttonlayout and Wavebird shape. I will probally buy one

Seing as ill ahve all of them except a NES i might download a couple, it sues the Wiimote anyway. Though i will eventually get a NES at some point..

Once I get myself a job & therefore money I'm probably gonna get 3 more Wavebirds for use with GC games, so I don't have wires everywhere.....damn i'm gonna need a lot of batteries for the Wii :heh:

I will use my wavebird, no games will have rumble anyway. Apart from cube games which i have done without for a very long time.

I will probably get a Classic controller very late on. Just to get one and have it in a collection.

I'm gonna be picking up a Classic controller at some point in the future.

I heard that you needed the classic controller for SSB Brawl, anyone else heard this? Unless they include the Classic controller with SSB Brawl then I can see this being potentially confusing for some.

I'm gonna be picking up a Classic controller at some point in the future.

I heard that you needed the classic controller for SSB Brawl, anyone else heard this? Unless they include the Classic controller with SSB Brawl then I can see this being potentially confusing for some.

We're speculating now, I think no. I think it will use Cube's and WaveBirds.

I think it has been confirmed that Smash Bros. Brawl will definately use the classic controller. That said, I can't see why.

The Wiimore is more than capable of ample Smash controls. D-pad for movement, A and B attack buttons, and for a Smash manauver, flick the controller upwards.

prob get a classic controller with the console not too sure what VC games im gunna get yet....thought would be more to choose from really

Sign in to follow this