NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Emasher

people killed while waiting for ps3

yes its true

a man was shot because he refused to give up his ps3 cash in calafornia i belive also a new born baby was hurt.

if us nintendo fans are lucky maybe sony will be sued and go bankrupt.

maybe they will be forced to pull the console off the market

just reporting what i herd on the news

i think this was mentions in the PS3 thread but same diff-bloody shocking and totally stupid-its JUST a games console after all, not a new Nintendo :p

bloody shocking and totally stupid-its JUST a games console after all, not a new Nintendo :p

lol :laughing:

It happened at 360 as well. Probably happened at similar stuff. The world is evil.

While the PS3 stock compels people to jump on the camping trend, in no way can you blame them for the usual crap that happens in America.

so the question remains

(will this happen with wii (probably not))

well this is why ninty does north american lanches on sundays.

so in canada they come out in daylight

so the question remains

(will this happen with wii (probably not))

nope cos the price of Wii is a lot lower and the number of units is A LOT higher.

Happened with Pokemon cards too. "OMG NINTENDO THE EVIL," so they say. :P

ah yeah! that kid who got threatened with a knife for his Charizard card! oh them were the days *wipes tear*

Happened with Pokemon cards too. "OMG NINTENDO THE EVIL," so they say. :P

really :shock: someone got shot trying to protect five bucks

I think it was a BB gun, at least thats the only shooting i've heard of. And i doubt that would cause too much damage. Plus, sony are not responsible for the actions of some idiots, even if it was a full on proper gun shooting.

Hmm.

Yesterday it was BB guns, today a report from a Putnam, Connecticut PS3 line involves real guns. Early this morning, two armed gunmen approached a line of PlayStation 3 hopefuls gathered outside of the Putnam, Conn., Wal-Mart, demanding money from those in line. "One of the patron's resisted. That patron was shot," police Lt. J. Paul Vance told the AP. There has been word of the victim's condition and the hunt for the two gunmen continues.

Elsewhere, in Elk Grove, California, two different gunmen walked into a GameStop yesterday morning and made off with four PS3s. No injuries were reported and the robbers are still at large.

Reports of general chaos and disorder in PS3 lines across the country have been pouring in all day. Engadget has collected links to many of them, and we'll update here with any others as we hear about them.

[Thanks to everyone who sent both these stories in.]

Read - Shot waiting in line

Read - Gunmen Steal PS3s

[update 1: Thanks to Adam Reineke for sending in the below video of people racing for the official start of a line outside an Ames, IA, Best Buy at a 12:01 a.m. Thursday]

[update 2: Lawrence.com reports on "a scene straight out of Lord of the Flies" at a Lawrence, KS, Best Buy Thursday morning]

[update 3: A "small riot" erupted outside a Henrietta, NY, Best Buy this morning. Thanks dresden]

[update 4: A Gamespot forum poster tells of his mugging right outside a Manchester, CT Mall this morning. Thanks minus_273.]

[update 5: Via Kotaku: A man goes to the hospital after slamming into a metal flagpole during a stampede at a West Bend Wal-mart. Thanks Agrajag.]

[update 6: A UNC-Wilmington student gets beaten and has two PS3s stolen as he removes them from his trunk. Thanks Curtis.]

[update 7: A 17-year old has his PS3 nabbed at gunpoint in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley. Thanks Tucker.]

[update 8: Reader Ethan Netland reports on a chaotic scene at the Best Buy in South Portland, Maine. According to Netland, police and employees prevented the mob of 250 gathered people from lining up until the store lights went off and the lights went off at 10 p.m. last night. At that point, as Netland describes it, "all hell broke loose. People were shoved to the ground, punched and elbowed in the face, and the Best Buy Employee handing out numbers was mobbed with people. They tried to maintain order, but were incredibly unsuccessful. ... One older man who had been trying to get a system for his 13-year-old son had nearly been trampled and had injured his leg, but got a place in line."]

Pokemon cards, games consoles, sneakers.

We only focus on the commercial side of attacks.

It happens all the time, completely unmotivated. But there's no sensationalism in that.

Where is the headline in "Women gets mugged by drunk?" there's nothing. It's a dry story so it doesn't get coverage.

The world sucks.

True Nintendork. :sad:

"Police in Florida are looking for a little girl, aged about seven, who tried to steal Lego at knife-point.

The girl pulled a knife on a cashier at a Wal-Mart store in Largo as she tried to walk out with two boxes of Lego.

Police say the girl, aged about seven or eight, hid the toys under her coat and tried to walk out, reports Tampabays10.com.

A store employee approached the child, asking her to turn over the Lego blocks.

Police say the little girl then opened her jacket and pulled out a 10ins carving knife.

The employee talked the girl into putting down the knife and the toys. The girl then rode away on her bicycle."

Pokemon cards, games consoles, sneakers.

We only focus on the commercial side of attacks.

It happens all the time, completely unmotivated. But there's no sensationalism in that.

Where is the headline in "Women gets mugged by drunk?" there's nothing. It's a dry story so it doesn't get coverage.

The world sucks.

Exactly.

Headline 1: "woman gets raped."

Shocking, but it happens. Therefore, not so shocking.

Headline 2: "woman gets raped by a Playstation 3"

WTF! THIS IS SHOCKING!

Enter Jack Thompson "games should be banned, they promote rape and drugs, etc.

HOLY SHIT. SONY CAN DO THAT? AI HAS REALLY TAKEN A STEP FORWARD!

When they said live in your world Play in ours.. I thought they were joking!

LOCK UP YOUR WOMEN!

Stupid Nintendo fan.

edit: Just realised something wasn't clear: I'm talking about the guy wasting his money buying Sony fanboys hot chocolate.

I doubt the old lady was a fanboy.

People? I dont even think it was a person!

I heard some one got shot, but I havent heard about him dying. And dont blame Sony, because it'l happen to the wii like it happend with 360 and PS3.

Do I see you making a thread and saying how evil Nintendo is when this happens? No. Fucking fanboy.

Try not to be too much of a fanboy next time emasher.

Sign in to follow this