N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

Firstly, read my last post.

Secondly, as i've mentioned in the meaningless post thread, launch day isn't going to be easy. Staff have other commitments too, including work, school/uni, and don't forget that we are also gamers, too.

Now, unless you particularly want a thousand or so threads about the same thing, then we really don't have many other options. This option worked fine for E3, and as a result, the board wasn't "spammed to death."

Thirdly, i take into account everyone's opinions. I can see why you are all a bit miffed, but then the staff also have the experience of these kinds of things. We tried this with E3, and it saved the boards from being swamped with too many threads about the same thing.

Plus, i don't agree with the whole "if everyone posts this, the mods/admins will cave under pressure." That isn't the way to do things. We do what is best for the forum. If what you want is an organised forum, and we're saying that the forum will be organised due to us creating the sufficient threads (and plus, you are able to post suggestions for threads via PMs to us), then what the hell is the problem?

You want organisation? You got it.

Lastly, Solitanze is right, we have threads for this sort of thing. Can we please have no more of this discussion in this thread, please?

ok point taken....for now.....

so back on topic, what place is Zelda TP in gamerankings now? lol

No seriously, what do people make of the Wii Play scores, its got some pretty rubbish scores and it does seem very limited in it's scope, and seeing as we are expected to pay for it (ok only £10 but its still money) do people perhaps think it should have just been left as a tech demo, maybe free to download, or actually free with the wiimote rather than being an actual product we pay for? I appreciate judgement may have to be reserved until we actually play it...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im considering marvel i thought it looked cool and when you look at the break down they give gameplay a 5.5 because the series has not evolved (so all of the games wii ps3 and 360 should get the same mark really) seen as i have played none of the other games i think i will like this game and plus the reader average is 8.3 and press average is 7.3

ok point taken....for now.....

so back on topic, what place is Zelda TP in gamerankings now? lol

No seriously, what do people make of the Wii Play scores, its got some pretty rubbish scores and it does seem very limited in it's scope, and seeing as we are expected to pay for it (ok only £10 but its still money) do people perhaps think it should have just been left as a tech demo, maybe free to download, or actually free with the wiimote rather than being an actual product we pay for? I appreciate judgement may have to be reserved until we actually play it...

Twilight Princess, no change its 11th at the moment with 35 editorial reviews and 95.4% average ratio... :mad:

Have you seen the Australian review of Wii Play on IGN I posted here a few days ago, did quite well...

Twilight Princess, no change its 11th at the moment... :mad:

argh dammit- whilst I won't admit it to the extent you do I probably have been watching it nearly as closely as you. I think what it is, is that OOT is my favourite game and I love it that its top of gamerankings as the shining knight of nintendo's achievements, so I'm hoping TP will be as good and therefore take its place in the top 10

EDIT:

yeah solitanze I have 8/10 crazy plus 4 pages- one of IGN's longest reviews for a minigame collection! I doubt it will get as higher on US IGN!

Twilight Princess, no change its 11th at the moment with 35 editorial reviews and 95.4% average ratio... :mad:

Have you seen the Australian review of Wii Play on IGN I posted here a few days ago, did quite well...

I wish there was a world wide average review score. There must be loads of japanese and korean reviews ..... and even french that dont get counted. THe whole thing is biased towards english speakers. We all know that a lot of Ninty content is tailored to the Japanese (and it is developed by them tooo.)

If there was a world wide average, I think zelda would be much higher

I wish there was a world wide average review score. There must be loads of japanese and korean reviews ..... and even french that dont get counted. THe whole thing is biased towards english speakers. We all know that a lot of Ninty content is tailored to the Japanese (and it is developed by them tooo.)

If there was a world wide average, I think zelda would be much higher

Theres also biases in that often its users that submit reviews that are later put on the website, notice how Resident Evil has 108 reviews yet there are games that are better than only have a third to half the amount of reviews and thus aren't positioned where they should really be. The newer games have triple the amount of reviews compared to games for older platforms such as the N64, but I don't think thats due to the lack of editorial reviewers, most should've been established at that time...

Actually aside from the aspect ratios the graphics are exactly the same in everyway.
Wanna source that? Because I heard the Wii one has some particle effects and lighting stuff that the GameCube version can't do.

Wanna source that? They have never said such a thing. It is clearly cube graphix. If anyone could make the wii shine it is ninty and they can do way better.

I won't care too much about Gamerankings Top 10. This is a nice tool to know how well a game was recieved at it's time of release but it's no good to compare a game released today with a game released almost 8 years ago. Standards have changes, bars have been raised.

That's not to say Ocarina of Time isn't a bad game, far from it! It's still a timeless masterpiece, but it's pointless to compare scores of games which are seperated by almost a decade. It's no more than normal that OoT should score higher then TP as it was unprecedented back than. Still, let me choose today between a copy of OoT and TP, and there will be no doubt in my mind as to which I should choose.

Besides, the difference between OoT and TP is a meager 2,6%... That reads an both an "Excellent" in my book.

Other examples: GTAIII scores higher than San Andreas, and everyone knows what is the better game. It's simply because there was nothing like GTAIII when it was released. When GTA:SA came out, while it was a better game, gamers had already tasted the likes of GTAIII and Vice City. Metal Gear Solid 2 is billed as the best MGS according to the list, and it's not even the Substance-version. The original Gran Turismo beats the crap out of GT4, but what would you rather play today?

This is no fault on GR's account. You just have to interpretate such a list in a proper way. If we only want the games with the highest scores, there is no need to play Twilight Princess at all. Let's all just stay with OoT then. Then everybody is... er... happy?

Well, so far for my rant of the day.:wink:

The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess Australian IGN Review:

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/749/749286p1.html

Wii Sports IGN UK review:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/749/749171p1.html

Wii Play IGN UK review:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/749/749172p2.html

Rayman Raving Rabbids IGN UK review:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/749/749183p1.html

Need For Speed Carbon IGN Review:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/749/749047p3.html

The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy IGN Review: