NEurope
canand

Next Gen War

My favourite qoute from them was "I think consumers will be prepared to spend £300 on a phone that offers all those different things rather than £100 to £150 for a standalone games machine.â€

I mean who spends that on a phone?

I think you just summed it up in one.

I can't believe people actually think they can predict, with reasonable accuracy who will sell the most based on very, very early sales data.

I can't believe people actually think they can predict, with reasonable accuracy who will sell the most based on very, very early sales data.

I agree. It's too early to judge.

If we are to look at the negative aspect of all consoles, they're all a good match. Wii can suffer from being too different, alienating those who want more traditional power gaming. Xbox360 can suffer from lacking variety, alienating those who don't like FPS/sport games or those who have a good PC already. PS3 can suffer from ridiculously high price tag, alienating those who won't even think about buying it.

Which one of those weakness comes on top is anyone's guess. You can put a spin in any direction at the moment. Personally, I think they're all nearly equal in such weaknesses. I think all 3 will succeed in their own ways.

why dont sony realse wat a shitty console they have realsed

Great post. Fantastic.

You will win plenty of medals.

"We feel very confident that the PlayStation fan is going to wait until they can get a PlayStation 3. If they do pick up a Wii, it's as more of a novelty." -- Dave Karraker, senior director of corporate communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America, to the Wall Street Journal

:heh:

Taken from 1up.com and i think everyone should read it to see how modest Sony are and how right they always are :p

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155895

I have to say all my friends are playstation fans, they are ignorant when it comes to other consoles, even when I get them to play the 360 I need to explain the controls as if it is a Ps2 pad the are holding so X on the 360 becomes Square for the night etc etc but even they are thinking about ditching the Ps3 and getting a xbox360 which is a fantastic thing I think.

Ps3 might become a great console later in its life but so far with what Sony has said compared to what is on offer, I'm not impressed :P