N-Europe

Official Spider-Man 3 Thread [big spoilers within]

arab_freak

IGN feature - The Origins of Venom

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/780/780087p1.html

Good read!

We suspect this film won't kill off any villains. The nature of the symbiote means that it would be a challenge for the film's writers to reasonably and logically eliminate it. We're now fairly certain that our Sandman prediction (involving the symbiote merging with Thomas Hayden Church's character) won't pan out. Sandman seems to dominate the early half of the film with Venom playing out towards the climax. We have other theories, supported by the spoileriffic trailers, but we'll refrain from getting into them too much. If there are twists to Venom's conflict with Spidey, we'll see them in the form of a certain friend-turned-villain. How he factors into the equation we'll let you speculate. We have our money on a very particular outcome however.
Seems IGN are of the opinion that Harry may have a part to play in the Spidey vs Venom battle?!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Spidey went after the wrong person from the gang in the first film, it was actually Flint Marko who is now Sandman.

No, it wasn't.

Im hoping that theres some kind of twist during the movie and it wasnt Marko as im not really happy about them changing Spider-Man history like this just so they could make Sandman a more worthwhile villian.

More worthwhile?

This is what I hate about a lot of movies and TV today, there has to be some sort of emotional/personal attachment/involvement for it to be deemed worthwhile.

Sandman is a classic villain, they didn't need to make it personal.

Well it the comics it wasnt....but in the film it is...soo.....

This time its personal. Hahahhahahhaha.

Anyway, I was the first person at my Cinema to book Spider-Man 3. Thus my choice of where to sit was the entire cinema...I chose M 13...right in the middle of the cinema. I WIN! I EFFING WIN!!!

I read the official Spiderman 3 Book and I'm very impressed with the storyline. Here be spoilers!

You have been warned!!!

Harry/Son of Goblin dies saving Peter's/Spidermans Life in the final Battle. Venom is killed and so is Eddie brock-But no one really cares cause he was a big looser anyway and faked photos to get a job at the paper. Oh and Harry/Son of Goblin forces MJ to break up with Peter/Spiderman but thats no loss cause during the film Peter/Spiderman treats MJ like a real jerk cause of the way the suit changes him

Man I really wanna see this so much but exams soon and parents say no due to lack of money and I don't know much friends that want to see it.

Anyone wanna go to the cinema with me :heh:

So far I know my physics teacher wants to see it.I'll have to sweet talk my parents.And if not ask my chums,there has to be someone that wants to see it >.<

Man I really wanna see this so much but exams soon and parents say no due to lack of money and I don't know much friends that want to see it.

Anyone wanna go to the cinema with me :heh:

So far I know my physics teacher wants to see it.I'll have to sweet talk my parents.And if not ask my chums,there has to be someone that wants to see it >.<

Click the spoiler you know you want to.

Click the spoiler you know you want to.

No,I must resist the temptation >.<

Don't want this ruined,be better to watch,even if I must download it >.<

(Looks at Hard drive space left)

Seems I can't do that either at the moment.

STOP TEMPTING ME!

No,I must resist the temptation >.<

Don't want this ruined,be better to watch,even if I must download it >.<

(Looks at Hard drive space left)

Seems I can't do that either at the moment.

STOP TEMPTING ME!

The Spoiler whispers your name and enchants your senses with it's bewitching nature. You feel your hand softly guiding the mousepointer to the "click" button to reveal the spoiler. You tease yourself in your mind, deciding weather or not to reveal the spoiler then you..........

The Spoiler whispers your name and enchants your senses with it's bewitching nature. You feel your hand softly guiding the mousepointer to the "click" button to reveal the spoiler. You tease yourself in your mind, deciding weather or not to reveal the spoiler then you..........

Your a nasty person...

I feel like it is my destiny to click on that box now,a magical sensation has over come my arms,it's like my life is complete.

*Angel version of me appears*

No,for you should not ruin the experience.Save the fun.

*Devil appears*

Hey,click the box,we'll light a couple of cigars,have a beer while reading.

Angel: Do not turn evil my-

Devil:Come on bro!

*Angel brings out a gun,shoots devil,points it next to my head and tell's me to leave the Spiderman 3 topic*

Your a nasty person...

I feel like it is my destiny to click on that box now,a magical sensation has over come my arms,it's like my life is complete.

*Angel version of me appears*

No,for you should not ruin the experience.Save the fun.

*Devil appears*

Hey,click the box,we'll light a couple of cigars,have a beer while reading.

Angel: Do not turn evil my-

Devil:Come on bro!

*Angel brings out a gun,shoots devil,points it next to my head and tell's me to leave the Spiderman 3 topic*

I bet you come crawling back.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the cinema, so I'll do a little breakdown of the movie.

The negatives

Mary Jane - Not only have they turned her in to a self centred bitch, but her career is now musical theatre. Totally out of characters from the comics, she was always supportive of Peter as Spiderman, and her career choice was one of model, something Kirsten Dunst is obviously more suited to.

Bruce Campbell - I understand Raimis loyalty to him, he'd be nothing without Bruce, but if you have to put him in every one of your films at least give him a decent part, the Clouseau style french waiter was just painful to watch.

Symbiote Spiderman/Parker - seriously, where is the bad? So he treated his ex girlfriend (MJ) and best friend (Harry) badly, but they were both being arseholes long before the symbiote got its claws in to him, he was only doing what most people would do in that situation.

Aunt May - No matter how much credit Ben Parker deserves for his one gem of wisdom with the power/responsibility speech, his widow should not be allowed to give advice, she hasn't a clue.

Venom - not only does he look like a turd with arms and legs, but he has no personality. What made Venom in the comics was his personiatiy, in the movie all he does is screech unless he reveals his Eric Foreman, I mean, Eddy Brock face.

Now the good

Sandman - they got him almost spot on, the origin was a little off, but his personality was just right and his powers were well realized, shame about the little Parker/Marko conversation at the end, it just tipped a spoonful of sugar on the character.

Considering there was more bad than good it wasn't bad, but it could have been so much better.