N-Europe

US imported consoles access the US service, YES!!!

Dcubed

THANK GOD! Nintendo haven't IP blocked the Wii, importers worry no more!

This is very good news indeed. I was going to import anyway, but now that I know I will have access to the US VC makes it even better.

Wouldn't make sense if they wouldn't, right?

Actually, Nintendo could have easily blocked European IP addresses from accessing the US VC server.

Disadvantaged- Europe has PAL60 with progressive scan, the states is getting NTSC50 with progressive scan I think.

Lower resolution, better colour pallete but more flickery screen.

It voids all your PAL GameCube games, you have to import everything.

Advantages, better release dates, better prices, better selection.. less delays, virtual console coolness.

I am probably going to import unless Nintendo Europe sorts out this whole "funk you attitude" with regard to the virtual console.

EDGE states that you have to import, virtual console points, the system and games to make this work *until chipping comes along*

A lot of effort.. but worth it I think.

---

I'm no expert with regard to the video output on US systems.. but what are the advantages and disadvantages? Is there any way around them without hacking?

I'm going to see how it goes. If by say...next Feb/March the release dates for Europe are pathetic. I'm going to import.

I'm pleased i did with the Gamecube, overall.

I'm hoping and preying (but have ALOT of doubt) that NOE will change and release the games here within a few weeks of USA. Doubt it though.

Id like to import a wii, but which websites do imports? And whats thw cheapest I can import it for. For example, how much would it cost for the console and Zelda?

For USA stuff VGP is your best bet! However a few weeks ago they put the wii on their website to preorder, i had one in my shopping cart but decided not to get one...30 mins later i changed my mind, went to buy one and they had all gone....:hmm:

Anyway! http://www.videogamesplus.ca is your best bet for import Wii stuff from Canada/USA.

I'm sure i had the Wii and Excitetruck in my cart for the same price (or a little less) as the console in Europe £180.

For USA stuff VGP is your best bet! However a few weeks ago they put the wii on their website to preorder, i had one in my shopping cart but decided not to get one...30 mins later i changed my mind, went to buy one and they had all gone....:hmm:

Anyway! http://www.videogamesplus.ca is your best bet for import Wii stuff from Canada/USA.

I'm sure i had the Wii and Excitetruck in my cart for the same price (or a little less) as the console in Europe £180.

Thats the first place I looked when I decided I wanted to import. But it doesn't look like I can preorder one.

So basicly the Virtual Console is region free?

Will I be able to download Chronno Trigger, Mario RPG etc... on my PAL Wii?

I never said that, I said Europe is getting more games than America. They have the same list as us minus Donkey Kong Country.

Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG are unconfirmed titles for the Virtual Console, but there are three NTSC titles on the Europe launch list that were never released here, so my guess is we'll be getting much the same as Japan and America.

Nah Japan is getting more than Europe and North America. I have heard none of these are gonna be out in december in Europe or North America.

I need my SFII and R-Type III..

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Contra III

Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo

Mario Super Picross

R-Type III

Super Castlevania IV

Street Fighter II

Super Mario World

Nah Japan is getting more than Europe and North America. I have heard none of these are gonna be out in december in Europe or North America.

I need my SFII and R-Type III..

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Contra III

Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo

Mario Super Picross

R-Type III

Super Castlevania IV

Street Fighter II

Super Mario World

I said we'll be getting much the same, it doesn't have to all come at launch.

I'm pretty sure the Freeloader DOESN'T work according to NGamer, due to the Wii having different hardware probably built to combat the Freeloader.

Its pretty much only due to the fact that the eject button is connected to the actual console, and probably causes the system to load the main menu.