NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Rumour: Revolution to be $99

My guess would be a £150 price tag here in Britain, if that was the case I can see it starting with the same healthy momentum the Cube did.

Probably not true.. But the N64 came out at £149.99 didn't it? Then GC was £129.99 so maybe they could do it cheaper - but I doubt it. The DS was £120, I'm hoping that it'll be £150 I reckon that could be do-able

There's a rule in economics that putting a too cheap price on something makes it seem bad quality. It's risky to launch at this price, and they'll probably not even be able to make profit of it. I'm guessing more like $/€ 200 - 250, which is a very good price.

Hmm, unless Nintendo had a way to make nano technology cheap, this thing is bull. Im guessing at a £150-250 price tag for UK.

Most unrealistic rumour ever!!

I dunno, I thought Nintendo ON was pretty far-fetched... ;)

Specs such as graphics and things like that never reallly matter to me. I go for gameplay, nintendo give that.

but $99 USD?? if that's true then itll be like £60 GBP Id think at least 150 GBP

$99?

I know, even better idea, give it away!

Seriously, there is no way Nintendo could sell if for $99, first it would be too much of a loss for them, second it sounds, exactly it would be, cheap, and

cheap = rubbish, low quality.

£150 certainly sounds better to me, but up to £200 would probably be OK too.

They may go somewhere inbetween like £179?

There have been other rumours of a $200/£110 price point. These rumours are slightly more substantial, typically taken from those weird cryptic comments Iwata loves. Everytime Nintendo holds a press confrence, I bet jouranlists have to secretly go through a large maze filled with a large number of puzzles and traps, each more devious then the last, before finally having to best Reginald Fils-Aime in unarmed combat just to get their questions answerd.

...Everytime Nintendo holds a press confrence, I bet jouranlists have to secretly go through a large maze filled with a large number of puzzles and traps, each more devious then the last, before finally having to best Reginald Fils-Aime in unarmed combat just to get their questions answerd.

Ha ha, so true! So so true!!!

No chance.

Even if NIntendo could make, distribute and promote each unit for $99, they'd have no further discounts to make. Its also very wise to have a high price to start with. In al honesty, Nintendo should release the console with perhaps 2 or 4 controllers at a higher price, say $200. See how it sells, and then in time for the next Christmas period release a version with one controller, at a lower price, $129

i can't belive how long this thread has gone for, and all it is about is a stupid rumor that says that revolution will go for the price of 99$.

i can't belive how long this thread has gone for, and all it is about is a stupid rumor that says that revolution will go for the price of 99$.

Well, the price point of the console is something that's going to important to both us and the Revos success, isn't it? I think it merits discussion.

i would put at £150 to start off then at xmas 2006 drop it to £120 with a game :) £150 would be a great start price....£99 is even cheaper then the DS launch price and that was a freaking handheld

Sign in to follow this