NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Playing Cube Titles with Classic Controller?

Does anyone know if the back catalogue of Cube games can be played with the Classic Controller? I'm thinking of offloading my 4 GC controllers to help fund my Wii purchases, but obviously if i'm going to need them for GC games, i'll have to revise my plan!

i don't really know at the moment, maybe nintendo will release some info on that shortly, although releasing information and advertising isn't really Nintendo's strong point

Don't sell them until you know you don't need them. It's likely you'll need either four GC or four classics for the upcoming Super Sexy Smash Bros. SNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAKE!

Technically the classic controller feature all the buttons of the GC controller.

I also think Ninty have to include support for the classic controller on GC games because it shall bring all past consoles together.

And they also have to consider that there could be many people who have no GC but a Wii and would like to play some GC games.

I very much hope you can, seeing as despite having 5 GC controllers, 1 is completely broken, 1 is just minorly broken and 1 just plain sucks. Generally only 3-2 of them can be used without a big problem.. So if one can use classic controllers, that'd be swell.

Hehe, i have a wavebird, which the analogue rubber covering it has gone funky, 2 normal black ones, which i havnt used in yonks, and one massie purple one, not official but i used it for a while before i got my wavebird and it was comfortable. If we can use cube controllers with VC games, then I guess ill be selling 2 of my controllers. so i have one for cube, one for VC games, and 2 for mulitplyer fifa with my bro.

I hope you can use the classic controller, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to, if you can't it would show pretty poor foresight by Nintendo.

I'm sure you'll be able to. Why else would Nintendo put all the GameCube buttons on it?

I'm sure you'll be able to. Why else would Nintendo put all the GameCube buttons on it?

That's a point, the Gamecube is the only Nintendo console so far to have two analogue sticks on the controller, and the Classic Controller has two analogue sticks.

That's a point, the Gamecube is the only Nintendo console so far to have two analogue sticks on the controller, and the Classic Controller has two analogue sticks.

But that can take place of the C buttons of the N64, as it is the C-Stick :heh:

Click on the Classic Controller. IGN are under the impression that GC games are playable with it.

I don't think it's compatable with GC games!!!...Though it should be really. The L & R buttons have no added click like the GC shoulders!!!

WHY would you dump such a great innovation Nintendo?!? :( It made Mario Sunshine work and probably a few other games too :(

WHile it worked nicely with some games, it was bad for other games where you had to press the shoulder buttons all the way in.

The official Wii site states that you can play Gamecube games with it, but the lack of the special L and R buttons make some games "hard to play".

The important part is it works.. And it's not the most used feature of the GC controller anyway. When it says on the official site that it can play Gamecube games, it can play Gamecube games.

WHile it worked nicely with some games, it was bad for other games where you had to press the shoulder buttons all the way in.

controllers are always designed for one game. :horse:

Maybe if you've got Parkinsons...:hmm:

But that can take place of the C buttons of the N64, as it is the C-Stick :heh:

Thought of that at first too but I think the classic controller has four shoulder buttons so the four top buttons could work as the C buttons and two of the shoulder buttons as a and b.

Thought of that at first too but I think the classic controller has four shoulder buttons so the four top buttons could work as the C buttons and two of the shoulder buttons as a and b.

Well then what'd work as the N64 shoulders?? :heh::horse:

Nonono, the right analogue stick will act as a C-stick/C-Buttons. The top L and R buttons are the same as in N64 and GC games, and the two Z buttons are just to balance out the controller, they'll have the same functions in N64 games and GC games.

Nonono, the right analogue stick will act as a C-stick/C-Buttons. The top L and R buttons are the same as in N64 and GC games, and the two Z buttons are just to balance out the controller, they'll have the same functions in N64 games and GC games.

That is the most reasonable solution.

I only thought of other possibilities.

Sign in to follow this