NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

Unofficial Borat movie picture thread.

Has anyone just seen Borat on Jonathan Ross? It was hilarious :laughing:

I can't wait to see the film, I'll try to see it the day it comes out.

Yeah:D

Best interview ever

I wouldn't say best ever.. quite funny when parky got slated by Meg Ryan after he switched to ITV.

Double post, it's out today so I thought I'd bump it.

I just got back and I loved it, best comedy since Happy Gilmore.

Better than Team America and Ali G, smarter than South Park and more risky than anything you've ever seen. (except that paedophile episode of Brass Eye ROFL)

Just got back from seeing the movie and its hilarious. No spoilers here so dont worry but the fight scene near the end is so funny that at one point I was crying with laughter and couldnt breathe.

A part of me was disappointed, and a part of me fucking loved it. It was great for what it was, but ultimately I felt it was too short.

Agreeing with the above though, that one scene was amazing and made the movie for me.

AH the jew has changed it's form!

how much should i give them?

GIVE THEM MORE!!

Jewish bed and breakfast made it for me. As soon as they opened the door me and a couple of people in the audience went "oooh god no"

I don't think it was short.. but I think a little too much was given away in trailers and on TV the past week.. a lot of it I saw it coming, which was part of the fun.

But it kinda felt like I got half a movie because so much premium material was given away in the trailers.

I guess nobody would have gone and seen it without decent trailers though.

I don't think it was short.. but I think a little too much was given away in trailers and on TV the past week.. a lot of it I saw it coming, which was part of the fun.

But it kinda felt like I got half a movie because so much premium material was given away in the trailers.

Completely agree with you. It's a short enough movie as it is, but with all these trailers flying about, it's made even shorter.

I went to see it yesterday, and the fight scene made it for me. Plus, the sack. I don't think i've ever laughed so hard.

Great atmosphere in the cinema, too. The audience were in tears.

Great Success!

People actually stood for the kazakh national anthem in my one.. was there anything after it?

I just went for a slash and chipped.

People actually stood for the kazakh national anthem in my one.. was there anything after it?

I just went for a slash and chipped.

Haha, that sounds class. I don't think there was anything after it. I went to see this film with some mates and the film society. We just went for a drink afterwards and talked about it.

Yeah I did... and I did find it funny. Instinctively.

But intellectually, I have mixed feelings about all this. I think it would've been better if he had "made up" a nonexistant country that sounds like a real country somewhere around middle east/asia which is believable, but doesn't actually exist.

I can see how Borat is ultimately offensive and sets a dangerous precedence. "Borat" is not a comedy, but a collection of situational happenings which are deliberately set up. I feel ashamed to find it funny in the first place.

Ali G ain't got nothing on chavs todays like.. they're all fucking lady boys and into Drum and Bass.

There's nothing to parody because it's so diverse. I know well loads of safe chavs now and I am a skateboarder (greebo).

Ali G is dead.

I have just been to see this. Thought it was hilarious. Way over the line in some sketches but still really funny.

What makes it more funnier is the Americans who just dont know who he is and take him seriously. Just too good.

No spoilers here so dont worry but the fight scene near the end is so funny that at one point I was crying with laughter and couldnt breathe.

I too just couldnt stop laughing at that scene. Just too funny.

Just saw this tonight, an amazing film and yes that fight is too funny!

"You mean my wife is dead?... HIGH FIVE!"

"QUICK, SMASH THAT JEW EGG BEFORE IT HATCHES!"

Some absolute classic bits in the movie but I think it drags a little towards the end where more and more of the film is obviously set up (but pretending to be classic Borat 'real' situations) I mean...

The bit where he goes with the road tripping students for example. Notice how not one of them looks at the camera guy or refers to him at all. Look at the table, the camera guy doesn't even have a drink. If this were real then they'd be talking to both of them and probably looking at the camera occassionly. Bits like this were really jarring for me because they wouldn't be as funny if they were set up. I mean, there were funny lines and stuff but I just didn't find those sequences hilarious

Begins to start overusing some of the jokes too I found. Didn't understand why THAT fight scene was causing everyone in the cinema to piss their pants laughing really either. That went on way too long but maybe it was because my girlfriend was next to me looking particularly unamused at that bit.

Even so, the final joke of the film WAS absolutely hilarious even though it was obvious that at the very least Pam Anderson and the security staff must have been in on it even if the crowds weren't.

Definite must see film though just for that last end joke and the whole first half hour and select bits thereafter. Dispite the bitching i'll probably buy it as soon as it's out.

Just been and seen it. The fight scene automatically makes the film a classic, I haven't laughed that much at the cinema in ages!

Very good movie. Can't see how anyone can not like it. Best thing is though was speaking to one of my mates and he went with his Jewish mate to see it he also found it amusing apparently

Sign in to follow this