NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

The Classic Controller plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote, just like the Nunchuck does. In this way you don't need batteries for the CC, it runs off the batteries in the Wiimote. Still, seems like it will be a bit weird to have a Wiimote sitting on your lap while you play VC games...

I know that, thanks. :) I was just wondering if Nintendo would take advantage of the Wiimote's rumble by letting you attach it to the Classic Controller for N64 games such as Starfox 64 (Lylat Wars).

Unless, of course, the Classic Controller has rumble and Nintendo just haven't mentioned it.

I was just thinking, are there any pictures of the back of the Classic Controller? I'm not sure if this was a figment of my imagination or not, but didn't someone say you could attach the Wiimote to the back of the Classic Controller?

Not only would that keep things tidy, but you could use the Wiimote's rumble for games that support it (i.e. N64 games and maybe original Wii download games).

yeah does make sense, it does have a clip on the back of it. i think its stupid having to sit with the wiimote in your lap. Or sitting next to a desk with it leading up or something.

I was just thinking, are there any pictures of the back of the Classic Controller? I'm not sure if this was a figment of my imagination or not, but didn't someone say you could attach the Wiimote to the back of the Classic Controller?

Not only would that keep things tidy, but you could use the Wiimote's rumble for games that support it (i.e. N64 games and maybe original Wii download games).

I've just updated the pictures section with two pictures of the mysterious flaps. Sorry, I didn't realise I had no pictures of them. They were in video form though, and there's a little demonstration of how you open the flaps. It's unconfirmed whether the Wiimote will fit into these flaps instead of it dangling down from a long piece of wire, but it's a good guess.

slots-790200.jpg

VCmysteryport_qjgenth.jpg

I like the idea of it using the Wiimote's rumble, very nice. But yet again that's unconfirmed too.

The Classic Controller plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote, just like the Nunchuck does. In this way you don't need batteries for the CC, it runs off the batteries in the Wiimote. Still, seems like it will be a bit weird to have a Wiimote sitting on your lap while you play VC games...

Yeah the wire connects the Wiimote to it so that they don't have to build wireless functions into the Classic Controller itself, making it less expensive. And you're right, it would be weird having it dangling off the wire for no use other than a wireless hub. I think it might be used for games that use the Classic Controller such as Smash Bros. You could grab the Wiimote and shake to get out of a grab move. ???

What about N64 games like Perfect Dark, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Jet Force Gemini, and the Turok series? I have these for my N64 and was wondering if I should keep hold of them just in case they're not released on VC.

Keep them for now, unless Nintendo secure the rights to bring them to the Virtual Console, they probably won't be happening for a while.

I know that, thanks. :) I was just wondering if Nintendo would take advantage of the Wiimote's rumble by letting you attach it to the Classic Controller for N64 games such as Starfox 64 (Lylat Wars).

Unless, of course, the Classic Controller has rumble and Nintendo just haven't mentioned it.

It's unlikely that the Classic Controller itself has rumble, that would put the price up significantly.

Thanks, Tellyn888. :) Interesting pictures...

I can't really tell if the Wiimote can be attached to the back or not, but if that was possible... not only could you use rumble, but you could use the motion sensors for original VC games that needed both the traditional joypad layout and the tilt sensors.

I reckon that we'll see a Super Scope game pack released at some point on the VC, and you just use the Wiimote or Zappe to shoot.

I ahve the supercope, but i cant get it to work at all. Maybe i need to sue it on a bigger tv.

I ahve the supercope, but i cant get it to work at all. Maybe i need to sue it on a bigger tv.

I wonder if it's the type of TV, it might be more modern that what it was originally designed for.

I've updated the first post with a Virtual Console News section, updated the release dates to include IGN's game and added some more info about the slots/flaps on the controller.

I've updated all of the information again to include information on the Virtual Console controls, and added info from IGN that the Classic Controller can be used to play GC games, and the slot in the back of the controller is infact used to fix the Wii Remote to.

EDIT: There's now also a Wii Points section. This thing is jam-packed full of information now, I'll try and find some Wii Shop Channel pictures.

All release dates have been updated now. If anyone can tell me if it's just Europe (and possibly Japan?) getting Donkey Kong Country and not the US, let me know, because it wasn't on the US release list.

Thanks Dante. :)

Cheers. Sorry for the false info about being able to play GC games with the Classic Controller, I'll edit that out now.

I've updated the news section with a NGamer System 3 interview, and the Commodore 64 release dates have been updated.

Is the infra-red receiver plugged in to controller port 2 of your Super Nintendo? Are the batteries working properly in your Super Scope?

The batteries are fine. Brand new. And i had the receiver plugged into Port 1, should it be in port 2?

The batteries are fine. Brand new. And i had the receiver plugged into Port 1, should it be in port 2?

Does it work then?

Yes, it needs to be in Controller Port 2.

Quite a major update considering I spent a good half hour on it...

An Austrailian release date section has been added.

All prices e.g yen and pounds and dollars are now in their respective region's release section, not in every single section.

Australian prices have been updated.

The Wii Points section has been updated with a larger picture of the 2000 Points Card and worldwide pricing.

Classic Controller Information and prices have been updated.

I've been trying to find a recent interview that actually said 'Wii Points will be given with the console but the amount is yet to be decided'. If anyone can help me, be my guest.

Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)

Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)

Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)

Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)

Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)

Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)

Punch-Out (E for Everyone)

Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

Now the zapper gun [Wii one] has a purpose.

Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)

Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)

Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)

Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)

Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)

Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)

Punch-Out (E for Everyone)

Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

Now the zapper gun [Wii one] has a purpose.

OMG I spent my youth playing that game... must buy!!!