NEurope
Dante

Heatseeker

I'm really getting into this game, infact I love it. However I have turned off sensor controls, Can't be bothered with it. So much better using the analog stick! Is that wrong of me? :heh:

I've got a question. I've seen an advert in a mag which says there are two control options:

- Guide plane with the pointer

- Use nunchuck as a flight stick

Is this true? IGN made it sound as if only the pointer mode was in the game.

I've got a question. I've seen an advert in a mag which says there are two control options:

- Guide plane with the pointer

- Use nunchuck as a flight stick

Is this true? IGN made it sound as if only the pointer mode was in the game.

I read the review in the Ninty mag saying there are indeed 2 control types. To be fair I should know as I have had the game since it launched but havent got around to playing it yet. Platty seems well happy with it though :smile:

its a fun game, little annoying, i have minor issues, like when you go through a check point, you continue with the health you had when you reached, even if you die. as you can't repair damage this means you somtimes have to re do most of the level, its often hard to avoid damage, so you can try as many times as you like but the level becomes practicaly impossible.

i also got annoyed with sensitivity issues, accidently move the remote to far and the plane is headed for the sea while you franticaly try to correct your course.

oh, and alot of the ground textures are reminisant of the N64, especialy in the first couple of levels

I'm really getting into this game, infact I love it. However I have turned off sensor controls, Can't be bothered with it. So much better using the analog stick! Is that wrong of me? :heh:

Well how would you really pilot a plane? The analog makes more sense to me.

Got my copy of this morning.

Have done the first few missions and am enjoying it , although landing on the carrier at the end of mission 1-3 took more than a few attempts and was extremely frustrating.

Controls seem OK , although the Nunchuk doesn't seem too responsive and the wingman controls are a bit awkward. A bit more time will get this sorted out though , and will mess around with the professional mode settings to see if this a better way to control things.

It does appear to be a nice action packed little game though.

I'm pissed off with this mission where you have to stop some missiles hitting a bridge, I take out the launchers but can never find the missiles before they hit the bridge. Where the fuck are they?

I'm pissed off with this mission where you have to stop some missiles hitting a bridge, I take out the launchers but can never find the missiles before they hit the bridge. Where the fuck are they?

ah, they arnt heade for the brige, there headed for the nemisis, you usualy see the first after the cutscene, the rest ar ahead of that. i can't remember the compas direction, but if you head out over the see from were the launchers are, you will find the missles, and your gonna want to speed up. fuckers got some head start

ah, they arnt heade for the brige, there headed for the nemisis, you usualy see the first after the cutscene, the rest ar ahead of that. i can't remember the compas direction, but if you head out over the see from were the launchers are, you will find the missles, and your gonna want to speed up. fuckers got some head start

No wonder I couldn't find them, always shows the bridge when you fail.

on level 4-4 how on earth can you protect eyeball he just get slaughtered before i can help

on level 4-4 how on earth can you protect eyeball he just get slaughtered before i can help

i tried diffrent planes, get wone which has good air to air weapons

Strangely enough, i'm getting more into it as well, seems to get better the more you play it! It's damn hard though. Although, i'm not sure if turning the motion controls would make the game a little more...i don't know...dull for me?

It's very action-packed i give it that, but it adds to the game the motion controls.

hum, the raptor is alright, i chose the one were you can lock onto two targets at once, that works well, dosent kill em strainght away but it scatters them and buys you time.

dunno if you have the missles that lock onto 4 planes yet, they rock

I found the game to be surprisingly good. Although it's no Ace combat :/

Ace combat even looks miles better. I also think the best controls are the no " sensor controls".

Just bought this. I love the sensor controls, you need a steady hand but once you've grasped it it just make the whole thing such a fluid joy.

Very fun game - the default controll scheme on pro mode works a treat. Still not used to all the D-Pad controls, or how to release flares.

There also seems to be plenty to unlock, and the campaign seems a decent length. But I think I've spent too much on games - this is my 11th Wii game.

I finally ordered it over amazon.

If I pre-ordered I would have gotten it for 35€ but I decided to wait for the reviews and some user views on here but by then it went up to 45€ and didn't drop so I decided to wait.

It still hasn't dropped but I couldn't resist any longer :D

So what do you lot think? Should I get it or wait for all the big titles (SSB, Super Paper Mario, Metroid etc.). Note: All is not an option.

So what do you lot think? Should I get it or wait for all the big titles (SSB, Super Paper Mario, Metroid etc.). Note: All is not an option.

Get it, it's people like you that fuel the myth that there are no good games for the Wii.

It's not a must have but I'd certainly recommend it, a good thick slab of pacey, explosion filled hoo-hah to be sure. The flying itself actually works magnificently well with the Wiimote, so you can take this as a promising indication of things to come.

It's not a must have but I'd certainly recommend it, a good thick slab of pacey, explosion filled hoo-hah to be sure. The flying itself actually works magnificently well with the Wiimote, so you can take this as a promising indication of things to come.

I agree, while the game isnt a must have, its certanly fun, and shows how well ported 3rd party games could work on the wii. this isprecisely what the\wii needs, games that keep gamers buying and playing beetween the big name games.

Yeah, it's more a 4* game than 5*. But it's still a lot of fun! :) Full kudos to Codemasters and IR Gurus.

don't forget. you can turn off the "impact cam"

Why would you want to do that?