NEurope
Dante

Heatseeker

I like it personally, gives the whole thing a little extra bit of an action movie feel to the whole thing.

I like it personally, gives the whole thing a little extra bit of an action movie feel to the whole thing.

Same, it's like the slomo crashes in the Burnout games.

Mission 4-5 has been annoying the hell out of me - no particularly part of it but I just can't seem to survive long enough to get things done.

Have enjoyed this immensely (up until now) and it'll be a shame to complete it.

I'm just calming down with a bit of Slipknot on full volume.

Heatseeker managed to annoy the hell out of me in the fourth mission (2-1).

And why? Because it has no bloody tutorial and the shoddy translation of the short manual isn't really a help either. For one I don't even know how to drop countermeasures and it isn't telling me anywhere how to do it. I figured it could be the c-button but I didn't see anything flying off when I pushed it a few times.

I should destroy some bunkers in the mountains. I use bombs to do it but although they bunkers are in the blast radius I hardly do any damage - should I try another weapon?

But the controls are really cool, quite challenging on pro-mode but rolling with the Wiimote is brilliant.

To use counter measures you have to shakes the 'mote, when "deploy flares" starts flashing at you. And personally I prefer air-ground missiles. Bombs I mostly use for stuff like boat clusters. Still trying to get a grasp of torpedoes though.

For one I don't even know how to drop countermeasures and it isn't telling me anywhere how to do it.

It says in the manual you shake the Wiimote from side to side.

Maybe checking the manual properly might be an idea next time.

Thanks for the replies you two.

Maybe checking the manual properly might be an idea next time.

Yes it is an idea but as I said before I have the german manual and where they talk about countermeasures they repeat what was said one point above :indeed:

I am now spending my fourth day trying to get past Mission 4-5 , this is really bugging me and I reckon I have spent more time on this mission than all the others combined.

I can do the first couple of checkpoints pretty much unscathed but once I get to the part

where your radar gets jammed and you need to survive long enough then take out the 4 towers

I get absolutely slaughtered.

I can get past it but never have enough health to progress much further , so any advice on this part is appreciated. I have tried multiple different planes and techniques , all to no avail.

I am now spending my fourth day trying to get past Mission 4-5 , this is really bugging me and I reckon I have spent more time on this mission than all the others combined.

I can do the first couple of checkpoints pretty much unscathed but once I get to the part

where your radar gets jammed and you need to survive long enough then take out the 4 towers

I get absolutely slaughtered.

I can get past it but never have enough health to progress much further , so any advice on this part is appreciated. I have tried multiple different planes and techniques , all to no avail.

ok, i had loads ofmproblems too, but if you fly in low circles around the oposite side of the island to the radar, you can make it through almost unscratched. its also possible to fly really high, and the planes ignore you, but it makes taking the radars out a pain, you get murdered when you drop altitudebest bet is circling near a hill on the radar island.

oh, myou ca also try going in with your guns, i kiled em all but was left with no health

Cheers.

Been trying again but still with no success , will persevere a while longer before I aim the game disc out of the nearest window (although if this games anything to go by I will probably miss).

i use fuel-air bombs to do level 4-5 can you help me on level 4-2 i cannot do the ace bonus of sinking the subs how many are there and where are they?

What number is the mission with the Oil rigs in the ice?

It's seriously fucking me off, I can never shoot down all the attacking planes before the Oil rig takes critical damage.

best way to do a tough level is to experement with planes, you'l find one you like and then its just a matter of choosing the bombs. deffo recomend doign the game on rookie first, get all the missles and planes unlocked.

ahh back to normal now on level 3.5 what is the ace bonus objective?

does anyone know the ace bonus objective in level 3-5 please reply

IGN US Review - 5.5

Are they playing the game?

" Heatseeker is - in its most-desirable control scheme - a nunchuk-controlled flight game." - Er... the Nunchuck style is inaccurate and downright horrible - did they try the Wii Remote method?

"of the dogfights are as simple as dropping to subsonic speeds (100-200 MPH) by pulling back on the analog stick, pulling out your largest missile (most of which can fire from 1,000 ticks away), and blasting away as soon as you get within firing range." - Right. They played the first few missions. If they tried any of the later missions (like chapters 3 or 4) they would get blown to hell in an instant.

"As soon as your shot is away, simply lock on to the next target" - Ah, so they haven't encountered enemies that either can take multiple hits or dodge yet

"In one pass on a still target we were able to blow away eight aircraft carriers" - I think they mean speedboats

"As for the final issue of Heatseeker; the game is ugly. It's really, really ugly." - It only looks ugly when you hug the ground. While dogfighting from a distance, the ground looks great, and the clouds and planes and stuff look good, too.

I just think thats one horrible review (unless IR made the game worse for those in the US)

That reviews seem way off base.

I have absolutely loved this game and although multiplayer would have been a nice bonus there is little to fault it*.

* Although I have only just completed the last mission , it's only taken close on friggin two weeks (barring a small break from it).

“The people who whined most about it were some of the more highbrow games people who compared us to Ace Combat, and at no point did we say we were trying to out-Ace Combat Ace Combat. We weren’t ever trying to compare ourselves to Ace Combat - they’ve got teams of 8,000 people all sitting in come hangar in Japan preparing all these complex FMVs and all these storylines about death and loss and the horrors of war, and we just wanted to blow stuff up. We just wanted you to fly around very fast and blow up things and shoot down 200 things in the space of 15 minutes.” - Ben Board, Heatseeker producer
Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14893