NEurope
triforcemario

Wii Ethernet kit coming...

Can the Wii be used as an access point for the DS?

That's what I really want to know. If it can, I'll probably get the ethernet add-on for my Wii and play my DS online through the Wii. Otherwise I will probably get a wireless router for both.

Its nice to use wires if at all possible and practical, because they are faster and much more reliable. With wireless there's always a chance the connection may simply disappear, and it is generally slower too.

What does this do? Does it connect your PC and Wii in the same room by a wire?

What does this do? Does it connect your PC and Wii in the same room by a wire?

I know its the xbox one but i remebered it and im guessin its one of these.

direct network

network connection which it was ill dp probably.

I'm gueeing its just an etherne at one end and a USB at the other. USB goes into one of the USBs inthe back of the wIi, and the Ethernet goes into a router or whatever.

I'll probably get this...but I dunno how i'd get the wires from my room to here...

Wireless router? That's what they are made for.

I wonder is there a way to split an ethernet cable? Like it has an ethernet port one end, then maybe 2 USB's or 2 outgoing ethernet plugs on the other side. This would help me a lot if this were real. Could split my ethernet cable between my 360 and Wii.

in short: no. You'll need a router to get them connected at the same time.

And wireless networks sucks at gaming.

Fuck the dongle. Ethernet makes me wet. I'll just need to figure out a way to plug both in or just switch them around when I need to.

Because I don't...Plus, i'd like the fastest possible transmission...I.E. Wires

You are aware that, if you have a 10Mb/s or 100Mb/s ou even 1Gb/s connection between your router and your Wii and your internet connection is, for example 8Mb/s, the extra speed between your router and Wii is completely useless, don't you? And we've yet to hear that the Wii connects to your PC through the network.

That thing costs 30 euros. 30!

Nintendo is making themselves very skilled at ripping off.

Clever consumers will use wireless, end of the day very few people will use these.. it's being produced in small batches.. probably only a few thousand initially. It costs a lot to distribute devices in small quantities.

Most retailers know it wont sell so they want a decent profit margin on it.

Which is why it costs more. The DS WiFi dongle works fine, that's a reasonable price.

Kuh, people moan when nintendo don't use up to the minute technology, but then proceed to moan when they do!!!

Arrrrrgggggh!!

Kuh, people moan when nintendo don't use up to the minute technology, but then proceed to moan when they do!!!

Arrrrrgggggh!!

Nintendo fans, by their very definition, are impossible to please.

Nintendo fans, by their very definition, are impossible to please.

Hmmm, sounds like Leicester City fans to me!!:heh: :wink:

Arrrrrgggggh!!

Ethernet wires exist for years. Problem is, a regular PC networking wire costs about 2 euros, and even despite this is a USB <> Eth cable, there's no way it should cost that much.

We don't have to complain all the time about Wii, but there's no denying that Nintendo likes to push prices very far. 30 euros for a network cable is quite sickening if you ask me.

You know, at work I use a USB->Ethernet adapter (I use 2 networks at the same time, and my crummy PC can't handle another PCI card)

I use the Dlink DUB-E100 :

DUB-E100_main.jpg

And that brick costs, when you order it directly from Dlink, $39.99

So 30 euros for the better looking Nintendo version is far from "sickening". It's not cheap, but it doesn't look like Nintendo is trying to rip you off.

PS : the Dlink adaptor sometimes stops working when you unplug another usb device and the only thing to get it to work again is to reboot your PC.

p_lan_adapter.jpg

That's it.

so thats this, which cost me a tenner:

dsc00136ae5.jpg

im sorted. Ive only used it to try and get my 360 and pc connected, but failed, it can get the ip address or somethign but when searching for a pc it says failed, that was a while ago, and i havnt tried it since.

just need a third ethernet cabee running into my room.....i dont have enough room on my router for another one......damn.

gonna havet o share 360 with pc then, if i want WiiConnect24 on all the time, so i get stuff sent to me.

It was confirmed that you can use the Wi-fi adapter right? However, I think I'll still buy one of these. I dunno if cables are faster, but I'm sure they're more reliable. And it's more convenient for me. There's an old general computer here, and my brother has a new computer. To get my DS online, I have to bother him with the wi-fi adapter on his computer. I'm not going to play in his room, so there will always be walls in the way. Usually not much of a problem, but I get the occasional lag. Getting a cable from my room to the router is much easier, I don't have to bother anyone, and I can play online at night. So I'll definately pick one up. I'm not bothering with a wireless network just yet, it'll have to wait untill I have a new computer. Since I don't have any money, and am not satisfied with a computer and software that doesn't cost thousands and thousand of Euros, this won't be for quite a while. This adapter is pefect in the mean time.

DUB-E100_main.jpg

And that brick costs, when you order it directly from Dlink, $39.99

So 30 euros for the better looking Nintendo version is far from "sickening". It's not cheap, but it doesn't look like Nintendo is trying to rip you off.

cost me a tenner:

dsc00136ae5.jpg

im sorted. Ive only used it to try and get my 360 and pc connected, but failed, it can get the ip address or somethign but when searching for a pc it says failed, that was a while ago, and i havnt tried it since.

just need a third ethernet cabee running into my room.....i dont have enough room on my router for another one......damn.

gonna havet o share 360 with pc then, if i want WiiConnect24 on all the time, so i get stuff sent to me.

So... do they work with Nintendo Wii?

Just wondering since I have it connected via router.

So... do they work with Nintendo Wii?

Just wondering since I have it connected via router.

plain and simple no.

Tried and it said you dont have the official conector plugged in, available spring etc.

So it seems we can only use the official one with it. I woder what else those USB are for then if we can even use this little adaptor with it?

I've seen im ages of a mouse being powered by it but it didnt work. Why did they add them then?