NEurope
triforcemario

Wii Ethernet kit coming...

Doesn't apply much to me but ir's good to see Nintendo are thinking about those who dont have wireless.

I will ahve a router soon, but this may be good.. hmm, though it'd be extra wires, ill probably go wireless.

i wonder if the wii can act as a wireless router once you have it wired in?

I dont think it can act as a router of sorts.

This is good news for the non-wireless people,but doesn't bother me since i'm wireless.Good to see them trying.

well i would rather have wires than wireless in my house. What with the ability for someone else next door using it, I can remember with my sony vaio it used to connect to next doors internet.

And yes the wifi dongle will work

well i would rather have wires than wireless in my house. What with the ability for someone else next door using it, I can remember with my sony vaio it used to connect to next doors internet.

And yes the wifi dongle will work

Wep encyption should take care of any unwanted hijackers. I couldnt live without wireless, all in all i have 5 devices connected to my wireless router, it would be a nightmare with wires.

Those of you who connect your DS to the internet with the Nintendo WiFi Connector can use the same device to connect the Wii. And most wireless routers will also be compatible with the Wii's built-in WiFi technology. So everyone should be online with Wii. Bring on Mario Kart!

Great news, I got a dongle from the stars catalogue when it last updated so I'm glad I dont have to get another one :D

Wep encyption should take care of any unwanted hijackers. I couldnt live without wireless, all in all i have 5 devices connected to my wireless router, it would be a nightmare with wires.

its not really about hijacking more of the fact that wireless just leaks

For the amount Nintendo will charge their customers for this, you may aswell just chuck another £10 in and buy a wireless router itself................they're pretty cheap for what you get these days.

The license fee on an internet cable, and the implications it would have had to the design are reason enough to not support ethernet as standard.

I don't have a router or wireless yet, but I acknowledge that Nintendo did the right thing.

Wireless is the future.. it is your responsibility to secure it and set it up properly.

Ethernet is for people living in the past.. or those who lack the knowledge to get wireless running.

You can't say wireless is expensive.. it's a very competitive market and i've seen routers and dongles for less than £30.

Dongles are crap if you have adsl because it keeps switching ip addresses if you carn't remember to not turn off the internet while shutting your computer down. Ethernet is for people with common sense, wireless is for people who want to be to try and reinvent the wheel when there is simply no need for another 10 years

I'll go for this probably, as WiFi is pretty expensive to get started with. I can see Nintendo asking something very unreasonable such as $20 for this though, and that sucks.

The connection will probably be faster wired too, so that should work far better for high-speed games like Smash :smile:

I'll probably get this, if they supply a Ethernet cable then cool. However I wouldn't like a third one coming down my wall, also there isnt enough room on my router. All my spaces are taken up.

I wonder is there a way to split an ethernet cable? Like it has an ethernet port one end, then maybe 2 USB's or 2 outgoing ethernet plugs on the other side. This would help me a lot if this were real. Could split my ethernet cable between my 360 and Wii.

This really should be in the box as standard.

Yeah that'd be a good idea.

Sorry if this has already been covered but does anyone know if the Wii will have WPA encryption?? I don't like the idea of it being like the DS and just having WEP!

If not I'll just get the wires but I'd rather have wifi.

cheers

:wink:

Hooray!

Now if only they can make one for the DS...I don't like going to Mcdonalds.