NEurope
Dante

"Wii Move You!"

When Nintendo Wii launches in November (or December, depending on where you live), the amount of money Nintendo spends for online marketing will be the most ever for the company.

"We're just in the final stages of putting our media plan together for Wii, but in terms of online our spend is way more than anything we've done before," said Robert Lowe, Nintendo's product manager for home consoles in an article in New Media Age.

"There will be three main channels through which we'll be communicate Wii - online, TV and sampling - and of the top line ad budget of £10m-£11m, leading up to the December launch, a large proportion is going online."

The campaign will revolve around the slogan "Wii Move You" and plans to capitalize on Sony's recent decision to delay PlayStation 3 in Europe and other regions while reducing supply in others.

The "Wii Move You" marketing machine will include promotions within the largest web portals. TV spots and ads on Lycos, Yahoo! and even MSN (take that, Xbox 360!), are all reported to be hot spots for Wii advertising.

"Particularly over the launch week we'll completely take them over - you'll go online and see Wii everywhere," proclaimed Lowe.

Source: S-Times

Cool, could actually be a good nintendo slogan and some good advertising, for once.

"Touch me" just made me cringe...

Nintendo, omg. You are FINNALY going to spend a great amount on advertising. And, well, I think its going to pay off :D:D:D

Wii move you? Can someone explain that please?

Cool, could actually be a good nintendo slogan and some good advertising, for once.

"Touch me" just made me cringe...

Touch me was a great slogan. they should have got that guy from the (i think it's barclays) advert, you know, the one with the couple who honeymoon in Jamaica for 15 years.

I think Nintendo need to spend more on getting the Wii into the hands of gamers, as i know many are still a little unsure if it works or not, and would rather settle with the 'safe' Xbox 360 or PS3. But it does look like they're FINALLY getting into gear with the Wii. Good console design, and now a good advertising campaign. Never thought i'd say that about Nintendo!

Nintendo, omg. You are FINNALY going to spend a great amount on advertising. And, well, I think its going to pay off :D:D:D

Wii move you? Can someone explain that please?

god damn it.wii moves u?it certianly does,i need to wii right now

...........im so sorry for that lameass joke

I think most of the internet population knows about the wii already, so nintendo should just go all out with the telvision advertising ('cause that's what sony's gonna do).

Why, oh dear God, why is every thread about Nintendo advertisment has some insightful comment about Nintendo's bad advertising? Nintendo's been having very good advertising for quite some years now.

If your referring to me (sorry if your not), I didn't say FINNALY Nintendo are going to do some good advertising, I said FINALLY Nintendo are going to spend a great amount on advertising, in terms of money.

it seems that since the DS launched, Nintendo's slogans and advertising on the whole has gotten better...much better than Sony.

DS : "Touch me", "Touching is good" etc...wow. They played on the aim of the DS AND they could use humour in the adverts, it was great!

Wii : "Wii move you" is perfect. Think of it...how much WILL you be moving when playing the games? Think...how moved have a lot of people been since E3 2006, from PS3 to Wii? Think..."Wii move you" is the best possible slogan.

PS3 : "This is living"...wth? Wait...having a PS3 is living...meh...

In any case, yeah, Nintendo have done great lately with their advertising and slogans. Internet is the way forward in advertising, but they should have as much TV advertising as they did with the DS at the least. It feels like 1 in every 8 ad breaks there is an advert for a DS game or DS lite (roughly speaking). If they have at least that, theyll be all good :)

it seems that since the DS launched, Nintendo's slogans and advertising on the whole has gotten better...much better than Sony.

DS : "Touch me", "Touching is good" etc...wow. They played on the aim of the DS AND they could use humour in the adverts, it was great!

Wii : "Wii move you" is perfect. Think of it...how much WILL you be moving when playing the games? Think...how moved have a lot of people been since E3 2006, from PS3 to Wii? Think..."Wii move you" is the best possible slogan.

PS3 : "This is living"...wth? Wait...having a PS3 is living...meh...

In any case, yeah, Nintendo have done great lately with their advertising and slogans. Internet is the way forward in advertising, but they should have as much TV advertising as they did with the DS at the least. It feels like 1 in every 8 ad breaks there is an advert for a DS game or DS lite (roughly speaking). If they have at least that, theyll be all good :)

twilightlink, welcome to the forums :D

This post is brilliant! I agree with you with every word. Oh and I said welcome because your kind of new and I like your post :horse:

Peace out : peace:

Nintendo...advertising....CRAZY!

that said, they have advertised really well for games like Brain Training, and the DS in general (since last xmas anyway). Hopefully we'll see the same with Wii.

nintendo have been advertising and yes they are very good but still not as good as sony(the only good thing they are good at)

Get some Wii advertising on The Sun's website. Actually advertise over their whole website, that will be seen by a lot of consumers.

Well Sony are already advertising (with Football boards), so Nintendo should tget their fingers out and advertise a little at the start of Nov (and do the same as Sony :heh:, and put ads in the Underground!!:heh:)

Well Sony are already advertising (with Football boards), so Nintendo should tget their fingers out and advertise a little at the start of Nov (and do the same as Sony :heh:, and put ads in the Underground!!:heh:)

I say October