NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

1ups Wii test (they were disappointed)

Personal low-lights:

Talking about 'Brain Age'; then going on to demonstrate 'Big Brain Academy'!

Whinging about the price, over and over and over again!!

Criticising Wii Sports; then really enjoying playing it!!

Beardy bloke. Full Stop.

Whiny, American post teen geeks with chips on their shoulders!!

I heard that 1up are sony fanboys.

you heard right, expecting 1up to have positive Wii reviews is like expecting God to come to Earth and give everyone applepie.

Also remember folks, this is the internet, everything is loved and hated, it just depends on fabs, because most people absorve other people's opinions by osmosis.

Really not phased by that report at all. They seemed to love it then trash it anyway. I know I am just as excited as ever. :yay:

Really not phased by that report at all. They seemed to love it then trash it anyway. I know I am just as excited as ever. :yay:

Yeah exactly... they might aswell of said "Man we love this ... the Wii is cool... but when the PS3 comes its gonna crush it alive"

The vid is well worth watching though for the Wii footage.

If you can, also check out last weeks show............which had extensive HL2: Episode 2 coverage, and Resistance for the PS3. Both of these look amazing (especially HL:Ep2)

Wii launch is really weak from Nintendo if you consider that Twighlight Princess was a Cube game and could really have been released a year ago. They only have 3 games out on day one and neither Wii Sports or Excite Truck are system sellers. If it wasn't for Zelda, I wouldn't be buying this at launch

I also think that there should ahve been at least 1 more 1st party game at launch (MP3 or Brawl?)

Wii launch is really weak from Nintendo if you consider that Twighlight Princess was a Cube game and could really have been released a year ago. They only have 3 games out on day one and neither Wii Sports or Excite Truck are system sellers. If it wasn't for Zelda, I wouldn't be buying this at launch

3 games on launch are you crazy? Zelda couldn't have been done an year ago, GC or no GC, these games take time. This is the best launch ever and still people moan and whine like little girls.

Watched the vid.

Impessed with Wii footage.

Not impressed with 1up guys and your right the bearded hippy is the most biased person on their team - however he did make a good mii! :grin:

3 games on launch are you crazy? Zelda couldn't have been done an year ago, GC or no GC, these games take time. This is the best launch ever and still people moan and whine like little girls.

QFT

Zelda is gonna take up most of my launch time anyway... any other massive games at launch would just subtract from my enjoyment of playing Zelda

I agree that the launch is fine as is. I would prefer that Nintendo spread out their big hitters over time rather than have them all go at once. I don't want to experience the horrible drought DS had in its first months of life ever again.

I'm very happy with Wii Sports, Zelda and Excite Truck. :) Probably get Rayman from Ubisoft as it sounds good, plus I want to support their commitment to Wii. Then maybe Red Steel if it gets good reviews.

I think that 1 or 2 big games every couple or so months, supported by plenty of decent titles would keep most of us happy.

On topic, it's really amusing to see that the 1up guys were obviously enjoying themselves despite saying all those negative things. XD

btw excite trucks not confirmed in europe for day 1

Sorry, I was thinking launch window! If Excite Truck doesn't make it, that's a real shame, but the launch day lineup still looks good so far (what little we know of it).

An exec. did state some time ago that Nintendo themselves would have 5-6 of the 20 titles which were ready for launch. Can't be arsed to dig it up, but it was definitely said.

An exec. did state some time ago that Nintendo themselves would have 5-6 of the 20 titles which were ready for launch. Can't be arsed to dig it up, but it was definitely said.

Harrison said so.

That's a lot of 1st party games and also a lot of 3rd party. I'm more than satisfied. I'm also happy they delayed MP3, it would be overkill and I don't want Metroids to come out that regularly.

That's a lot of 1st party games and also a lot of 3rd party. I'm more than satisfied. I'm also happy they delayed MP3, it would be overkill and I don't want Metroids to come out that regularly.

I was looking forward to Metroid as a launch title however if they need more time to work on it fair enough - I know it will be worth the wait.

The launch is definitly better than it was when the Gamecube came out but I am still not convinced about Nintendos strategy.

Zelda is in development for so many years - promises have been made and broken but as good as the game will be it can't live up to the hype. I mostly worry about the games for casual players and the new market Nintendo wants to open. Where is Brain Age, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing - those are the games Nintendo needs to get to non gamers. Wii Sports/Play are okay but not enough into the right direction.

So for the hardcore gamer the launch is a bit disappointing and for the casual gamer the right games are missing. I think that is the problem if you want to please 2 different markets at the same time. Personally I believe that third party titles except Red Steel do not matter - no real blockbuster and even less exclusive blockbuster titles. I hope that will be fixed soon...

Yeah exactly... they might aswell of said "Man we love this ... the Wii is cool... but when the PS3 comes its gonna crush it alive"

Yeah then you ask them why and they say "Cuz teh Grafixss!!111@AHHH, and Teh BLOOOD in teh Meture games"

I think it is a gesture of goodwill toward third parties that Nintendo is only releasing one must-have at launch. Letting the other guys in on the launch dollars is a good way to pay them back for supporting Wii from day one.

Saw that episode last week, took me 10 minutes to download.

Good episode, I agree what was said.

I'm hoping price cuts just after the new year.

Its people like this that will be the death of the video game industry. They basicly saying that this new direction that nintendo is taking is a dumb, I guess they're not ones for innovation or new ideas. And how people can just as easily go home and use emulators on their computers for the VC games, lets see what the hell they try to emulate when they are no more game companies to make games.

And that guy with the beard, is the high school nerdy geek thats now grown facial hair and is cussing (talking mature) at every moment to try and seem "Cool". Oh yeah you are sssoooooo cool man. Gimmie a break.

There's apparently a major issue with the sensitivity of the Wii-mote. Zelda, Mario, CoD and the general menus have the problem.

I don't understand why people don't consider this a strong launch line-up. I suppose its personal opinion more than anything, but I had a hard time choosing a few games out of them. If there were too many great games i would be pissed off because id want them all.

Any control issues are complained about my people who've played the DEMOS of these games for the first or seconds time. It really wont reflect what the finished game is like. Ubisoft are fixing their mistakes and IGN noted the much more positive experience since e3. i think people should stop worrying so much about the controls and just have a little faith. Don't let 1up put you off just because theyre not particularly open-minded.

I heard that 1up are sony fanboys.

If you listened to the 1upyours podcast regularly you'd know that that is simply not true. 1up show a healthy cynicism towards all 3 platform holders. I welcome this sort of objective feedback because it means I'm more informed as a buyer and Nintendo have an opportunity to correct things. Who wants to listen to a podcast that just says ZOMG TEH WII-MOTE IS TEH M3GAT0N!!111!!

Just like DS it's going to take time to exploit the potential. Luke Smith's point (the beardy bloke) is that the potential isn't proven now but in a year's time it could well be. Sounds like a reasonable thing to say to me. After all, the biggest launch game is a Cube port - just like DSs biggest launch game was an N64 port.

Sign in to follow this