NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Now I'm really annoyed!!! I've pre-ordered my Wii from GAME in Leicester (I'm 19th, their getting 150!! ) all good. And I ordered Zelda aswell.

But I ordered Monkey Ball, Wii Play, Nunchuck, Points and RGB cable from Amazon. Now it still said 'Not dispatched' at 7:45pm this evening with an estimated delivery of 8th!!, and hearing RGB cables are not in the country yet I thought, I'll cancell them and get the rest of my order quickly.

But NO!!! It refreshes the rest of my order delivery estimate: 6-8th FEBRUARY!!!!!! BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've cancelled the whole lot, rang up my GAME and am paying full price for it all!!! But at least I'll get it tomorrow!!

you should have left it, think amazon are just being real slow updating the pages

Yay Zelda is now dispatched! Still can't get any controllers or cable yet though.

All mines changed to dispatched :) (Nt including the extra wiimote, but im happy... yay)

you should have left it, think amazon are just being real slow updating the pages

Well I know that now, but even so... they shouldn't have changed my order that's been with them for 2 months!!!! :horse:

Well I know that now, but even so... they shouldn't have changed my order that's been with them for 2 months!!!! :horse:

true point taken...

My mate just rang me, he works in the local Tesco Extra. Apparently theres like 50 odd people camped out there, but they're only getting 42 :/

My mate just rang me, he works in the local Tesco Extra. Apparently theres like 50 odd people camped out there, but they're only getting 42 :/

theres gonna be 8 or so very upset people.

They might not all be getting a wii though, some of them might be buying one between a group of them.

I wish I was at a midnight launch, sounds like a hell of a lotta fun.

I wish I was at a midnight launch, sounds like a hell of a lotta fun.

me too but i got a early lecture tomorrow, to which can not miss so i guess it gonar be the PS3 launch that i will be going to at midnight

Basically ASDA said they werent doing pre-orders, and that it would totally be a first come first serve thing.

I turn up 7 freaking hours early, and they turn me away saying they've done pre-orders. When in fact 24 hours earlier they said they wouldn't be doing this.

That is why I feel like I've been fucked over. Not only that but they haven't limited it to 1 per person, so far all I know people have been buying multiple systems- to eBay.

"Everything except component cables, any idea when they'll be getting em' Pyxis?"

Some had theirs despatched today, a few will get theres before christmas, but I think that the vast majority of people will have to wait until January and beyond. They are more popular than the RGB cables...although its not as if we have had enough of those either....ahhhh. Is this really Nintendo or Microsoft we are talking about?:D There are even supply problems with super monkey ball...lol

so the cables are not delayed but just out of stock?

From what I gathered of our email this morning nobody (no stores, all companies) are getting them til next week.

From what I gathered of our email this morning nobody (no stores, all companies) are getting them til next week.

Do you know anything regarding the controller situation? I think there's quite the shortage.

Do you know anything regarding the controller situation? I think there's quite the shortage.

I'ld say. I'm getting my nunchucks but not my Wiimotes

Whoever is going to ASDA for accesories: don't hold your breath.

I only saw consoles and games. (and a poor selection at that)

I don't think there is much point in them stocking them.

Basically ASDA said they were't doing pre-orders, and that it would totally be a first come first serve thing.

I turn up 7 freaking hours early, and they turn me away saying they've done pre-orders. When in fact 24 hours earlier they said they wouldn't be doing this.

That is why I feel like I've been fucked over. Not only that but they haven't limited it to 1 per person, so far all I know people have been buying multiple systems- to eBay.

Mate, I'm in the same boat. Phoned Asda and was told, going on launch tonight we've got 50 available. I said '50?!' she said 'yeah 50'. So turned up at 7.30 and went to the electrical bit, nobody there. I thought that was a bit weird, and asked one of the women behind the desk. She said to go wait in the entrance part, cus they're not going on sale til midnight.

No shit sherlock...

So I find this waiting area with NOBODY there. Literally just a barrier with a sign, with no people in line. Couldn't believe my luck. But I didn't want to just hang about and look like a cock all by myself, and I was also confused by the fact that they only had 20 in stock (so said the sign...). So I told my dad I'd see him at midnight, and went off to the customer desk to check about the stock.

I ask her telling her that an operator from Asda in Tamworth told me there would be 50 in stock and the sign says 20, is it really just 20? She said 'yes, they're all upstairs now, they're all that we've got, and they're all mother fucking allocated to people already (I may have added the mother fucker part). Just as she said it I saw a different woman take down the sign, and the woman I was talking to told me people had been queueing since 12 this afternoon.

So thanks for all the lies Asda. To make matters worse, in my rage I bought Sonic The Hedgehog on 360. Cheers for that.:blank:

Whoever is going to ASDA for accesories: don't hold your breath.

I only saw consoles and games. (and a poor selection at that)

I don't think there is much point in them stocking them.

There might be some games in stock I want Wii play

There might be some games in stock I want Wii play

my asda has Call of duty 3 and tony hawks out on the self now ready to buy, no Zelda though

"so the cables are not delayed but just out of stock?"

Yeah, some were received, not much though. The date has always been 8th December on the website. If you look at the pre-order chart, the component cable has more pre-orders than Halo 3 and Final Fantasy XII!

I saw Call of Duty, Super Monkey Ball and Tony Hawks on the shelf in the Wii section. They're obviously only stocking the bigger sellers.

No faith in Nintendo ASDA? Zelda might really be in short supply!?!

@That Guy unlucky man, I was too depressed to say anything to her, I just walked off slowly.

I'm gonna get up super early and try the stores, walk in.. act confidently and pretend I have a pre-order.. slam down the £180 and hope nobody notices.

Yay! My Gameplay order now says complete and it's been dispatched. I knew it would be dispatched today but it still feels so good to know that it's in the post for sure!

I'm so glad I don't care if my Wii arrives tomorrow or in a week ^^ this seems very stressful for some people :heh:

I saw Call of Duty, Super Monkey Ball and Tony Hawks on the shelf in the Wii section. They're obviously only stocking the bigger sellers.

No faith in Nintendo ASDA? Zelda might really be in short supply!?!

@That Guy unlucky man, I was too depressed to say anything to her, I just walked off slowly.

I'm gonna get up super early and try the stores, walk in.. act confidently and pretend I have a pre-order.. slam down the £180 and hope nobody notices.

Hope you get one. I can't be bothered now, just going to wait until next week, when no doubt it's delivered when nobodys in and I have to wait longer. At least I've got 360.