NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

So who is actually getting a Wii?

[On-Topic]

I'm not sure. It depends on 2 things. Me having money by (hopefully) end November - begin December, and a black console available at launch here.

I don't have a job at the moment, I hope I have one next week, I reckon the money won't be a problem by that time.. But I do really like a black console. I have a feeling they won't be available in Europe, just like in the US. Not that I don't like white, but I usually buy black or metallic hardware (and accesories). But on the other hand, I do like to support Nintendo right from the beginning, and being impulsive, I might just go with a white console if that's the only one available.

But waiting for a black console allows me to save up more money, and I still have plenty of catching up to do with my GameCube, GBA en DS. Plus, the game I was most looking forward too, Metroid, has been delayed unfortunately.

If I buy one at launch Zelda en Red Steel are must buys, and a extra wiimote/nunchuck combo (buying 3 extra is a bit expensive in 1 go..) and maybe 1 or 2 retro attachments. But there are plenty other games that interest me, but I don't know how much money I will have.

The launch details are pretty good, so yeah I'm getting it. I might only be able to buy two games but that'll keep me entertained.

Mii Too!!!

getting a UK one at launch with 4 games+ and an extra controller.

THat is depending upon how many Europe gets Takeo which won't be much seen as the Americas are taking the vast majority of consoles

Were you ever going to get it Yammers?

I know it sounds silly, but maybe if it was £30 less :wtf:

It's hard to justify buying one for £20 less than a 360 core imo.

I'll no doubt crack and get one before christmas anyway :p

I DONT GET IT!

Why are poeple complaing about price, comparing it to a Xbox360 is crazy, people compare it to a core which has nothing like a hard drive, games, wireless pads or anything.

But the Wii comes with a Wireless controller, Stand and a game.

Its more fair to compare the Wii to the 360 Premium pack.

I DONT GET IT!

Why are poeple complaing about price, comparing it to a Xbox360 is crazy, people compare it to a core which has nothing like a hard drive, games, wireless pads or anything.

And Wii comes with online out of the box

I DONT GET IT!

Yup I agree with you there man! :indeed:

Hopefully I'll be able to go to the London launch event. I've got to find out where it is so I can preorder soon, mind.

Edit: Looks like I won't be going to the launch. It's a school night/day, and my mum isn't too keen on the idea, but I'll try and win her round...

I'd like to add to my above post, now with the launch details known.. That I'm strongly considering waiting fot a black console.

But, assuming I can hold out for the black console, I still wouldn't want to simply ignore the launchday, so maybe I'll buy a "launch-celebration-but holding-out-for-black" set :D. Some lauchgames (Zelda, Red Steel), wiimote/nunchuck/retro combo, and an SD card (from Nintendo?).

I did something similar with the DS Lite, I bought Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing and the Wi-Fi adapter, but the black DS wasn't available.. But then the wait was just a few days :D.

Sorry but the 360 core system is basically broken unless ALL you want to do is play singleplayer and be all alone in your gaming, alright for some people I guess. But out of the box Wii will let you go online and it's not the broken version of a good console - it will hopefully be the good console itself.

Pre-ordered mine this afternoon, £20 deposit at Gamestation!

And Wii comes with online out of the box

so does the 360 you get access to downloading games send messages and the like

i will get one but i think i will only be able to afford Zelda with it at launch. depends on if there are any bundles in shops

Sign in to follow this