NEurope
Dan_Dare

Extras tonight

Extra's was good. Chegger's not being able to act was undoubtedly the best bit. Barry is a genius also. Mitchell And Webb was disappointing. They've obviously been forced to dumb it down a bit and go for the more mainstream audience, some bits were pretty good but I can see it become as repetitive as something like Little Britain or Catherine Tate.

Mock The Week was as bad as it was in the first series. Obvious bollocks. It's a shame that we only get a few decent British comedy series a year. Time Trumpet, The Thick Of It, Peep Show, Extras... can't think of any other stand out comedies from the past couple of years.

Quoted for having the same views as mine (i.e the best:) )

I agree with all that killthenet said there apart from the Mock the Week part. I like it. It wasn't the best episode last night but it was still good.

I agree with all that killthenet said there apart from the Mock the Week part. I like it. It wasn't the best episode last night but it was still good.

I'm annoyed I missed Mock The Week last night. Andy Parsons was on it and I love him, he is hilarious when he does stand-up.

As funny as Mock The Week is, the format of it sometimes really is bullshit.

In what way is it bull excrement?

In what way is it bull excrement?

Well for example the round, Scenes we'd like to see. Everyone has a go, whichever side makes the audience laugh the most wins, fair enough. Then you have a round where it's just Hugh and Frankie who are both on the same team doing some 'comedy' with the round what they really mean or something [although it was wank last night]. There's no competition in that, it just annoys me.

Plus. I love the Dean Learner avatar.

Well for example the round, Scenes we'd like to see. Everyone has a go, whichever side makes the audience laugh the most wins, fair enough. Then you have a round where it's just Hugh and Frankie who are both on the same team doing some 'comedy' with the round what they really mean or something [although it was wank last night]. There's no competition in that, it just annoys me.

I don't get the points system in it. Dara O'Briain awards points to whoever was the funniest in that round, do they have a laugh-o-meter in the backstage where they measure the laughs or something? Either way...

That round "Between The Lines", (I suppose that's what you mean when you say the round what they really mean), that normally has Rory Bremner and Hugh Dennis doing it. I haven't seen/can't remember it been done with two people from the same team. (But there was another round I saw with two from the same team taking part, but none from the other).

Plus. I love the Dean Learner avatar.

Ah, you've witnessed the splendour of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. No?

I don't get the points system in it. Dara O'Briain awards points to whoever was the funniest in that round, do they have a laugh-o-meter in the backstage where they measure the laughs or something?

I think O'Briain just checks the floor for how much piss he's spilt because even if the audience laugh more for one side he sometimes awards points for the other... I just watched that Best Of The Worst tonight, points should be awarded like that.

Ah, you've witnessed the splendour of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. No?

I have it on 'DVD'. I remember watching it on E4. The proper DVD is always being pushed back. Who knows when it'll be released.

no t intereedsted as i hateh that arsegohole he can snif my anus the tampon wearingf gigolo bear molester.

i just dont find te nthe guy funny as ty all

Bumpage pretty good episode tonight I thought. Ronnie Corbett doing coke in the bathrooms :grin:

Forgot it was on.....might just catch the ending though...

Edit: or not :(

Good episode tonight, gotta agree with Noddleman. Ronnie Corbert doing coke was lol.

I miss any podcast days. Last one was last week, and they've already said they might give them up.

This series of Extras has been great. It's different to the last, as the last was more focused on one big celeb for that episode and this one is more focused on Andy. I'm loving it.

"You want a lovely little bit of muffin?"

"No."

"Sure you don't want a lovely little bit of muffin?"

"Sure."

"You don't mind me having a lovely little bit of muffin?"

"No."

"Barry, I'm just gonna have a lovely little bit of muffin."

"Ooh, I'm coming in now!"

Mitchell & Webb was class as well. The Numberwang sketch was different, tho.

I missed Extras tonight.. And Mitchell and Webb... And Mock the Week :P

I'll watch all the repeats, means I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch extras though :(

Yeah, Numberwang wasnt as funny this week.

Thats Numberwang.

But at least it was different this week. I didn't expect it to be like that.

I watched Mock The Week last night but I don't really watch it anymore, the points scoring system is rubbish (funniest wins, that's just naff.) It's still funny at times but it isn't really that hilarious like it was in the first series, unless they got David Mitchell on every week I'd probably stop watching it altogether.

Mitchell and Webb stole that idea from Adam and Joe.

So I've heard. And now seen. haha.

Peep show was great, but they didn't write it.

They're not great writers.. but they do have some satirical subtle humour going on behind the slapstick.

I don't think they're great writers tbh.. however The suprising adventures of Sir Digby Chick Caesar is the funniest thing i've seen in absolutely years.

I don't say that lightly.

I'm enjoying the rerun of Darth Merenghi for the Christmas DVD set.. I missed it first time around. I like.

PS. Mock the Week should die. After seeing the above par annually retentive from Rob Brydon I just see through how scripted those bullshit shows are.

Now that Extras is over, and as it had a lot of fans on this forum, what did people think of the series then? Highlights for me were Andy chattin up the girl with the sparkling water, David Bowie's song, the BAFTA episode and the Robert Lindsey and Robert De Niro scenes in the last episode. Bit of a disappoinitng ending tho.....if Andy had met De Niro, he might of have become a A list celebrity! Hope they do a a xmas special like they did with The Office, to clear things up.

I didn't see the first series but this was great.

I'll probably watch the re-runs which will no doubt be on over Christmas (BBC2 has late night comedy every night over new year)

Last year they repeated The Office so it would be a reasonable assumption.

Not the kind of show I'd buy the DVD for though. It's too spaced out, there are very few jokes in each episode..