NEurope
Indie James

GAME: Nintendo Wii Price and Release Date

I've put this in a reply to the MVC price prediction post in the news section but I'd thought I'd paste it in here aswell considering its about Wii news...

Ok, don't know if anyones gone down to a local store and checked yet, but on my way out today, I went into GAME to preorder the Wii. I asked them the details and they said:

'The Wii will come in one package only with a single controller for £150' (So not looking hopeful for two packs at the moment like the xbox 360) and it will still be released around the 24th November.

It's not news, it's rumour. Some guy from a store is not a valid source. It may be true, but you can't be sure.

Is it so hard to wait 4 days?

It's not news, it's rumour. Some guy from a store is not a valid source. It may be true, but you can't be sure.

I didnt say it was news, it was always going to be a rumor but it was said 'retailers have been told the price and release' so its a safe bet this is pretty accurate.

Is it so hard to wait 4 days?

No but the point of this post is im sure theres people that would like to know this, even if it isnt an official confirmination.

i wouldn't put too much into what's been said. i work in GAME (leaving it actually, long story) and i've heard someone i work with telling a customer that instead of pre-pre-ordering Wii they should go for PS3 as only nintendo make games for Wii, whereas everyone makes games for Sony! too tired to go into why i'm leaving, but i will in due course... the managers over here would be in a lot of shit basically if the reasons behind that little incident and many more in the belfast branches got out. nothing against GAME as a whole i should mention. anyhoo... back on-topic....

I would say this should belong in the Rumour thread, but it wouldnt gain much attention there , chances are this thread will be locked.

But if thats right, i've guessed almost correctly! (Im hoping for a 24th of november release, as its a legit day off school so I get no hassle)

i work for GAME and we know nothing at the moment, doesn't mean the big big boss's don't, but not us slaves, any info I give out is based on press release's from nintendo I read on the net etc so nothing yet, might get something in the next couple of days maybe???

Only thing we did get the other day was a Wii-bag, that just had general GAME info sheets and some wii pub shots, also a dvd of the E3 trailers for running instore, seems to have increased interest alot though!!

Yeah, they know nothing. Its speculative on their part. The conference is over the next three days (the Game conference) and they may find out then, but not 100% sure.

i work for GAME and we know nothing at the moment, doesn't mean the big big boss's don't, but not us slaves, any info I give out is based on press release's from nintendo I read on the net etc so nothing yet, might get something in the next couple of days maybe???

Only thing we did get the other day was a Wii-bag, that just had general GAME info sheets and some wii pub shots, also a dvd of the E3 trailers for running instore, seems to have increased interest alot though!!

yeh, we had the ONM dvd running just briefly and it garnered a lot of attention. makes me get more hyped when people stop, watch it, then ask a lot of questions :D lol!

in before lock!

This isn't getting locked, so you can quit with the spam.

The date and price seem reasonable, but you never know how these things turn out. Of course, all eyes will be on Nintendo for the final word, so its pretty much up to them right now.

But, all this guessing, its really fun. I love making predictions. :)

i wouldn't put too much into what's been said. i work in GAME (leaving it actually, long story) and i've heard someone i work with telling a customer that instead of pre-pre-ordering Wii they should go for PS3 as only nintendo make games for Wii, whereas everyone makes games for Sony! ....

that is disgusting. i dont know whether that person is driven by sony fanboyism, or simply ignorant. i would have argued with them right in the middle of the store.

also, seeing as im not going to open a new thread to ask this, but what time exactly are the conferences being held at the end of the week?

I work in HMV (ok not as game orientated obviously!) and we don't have a clue yet at all when it is coming out. I say stop the rumour mongering and lets wait 4 days!

I work in HMV (ok not as game orientated obviously!) and we don't have a clue yet at all when it is coming out. I say stop the rumour mongering and lets wait 4 days!

It never hurts to speculate :P

But, all this guessing, its really fun. I love making predictions. :)

You'l love my thread then (Im not sure if you've posted there, but I dont seem to recall you posting there).

I didnt say it was news, it was always going to be a rumor but it was said 'retailers have been told the price and release' so its a safe bet this is pretty accurate.

No but the point of this post is im sure theres people that would like to know this, even if it isnt an official confirmination.

If it was a 'safe bet' then many other retailers and manufacturers would've leaked this to the Internet already, don't trust one person working in GAME.

If it was a 'safe bet' then many other retailers and manufacturers would've leaked this to the Internet already, don't trust one person working in GAME.

You can trust me!

You can trust me!

Yep, of course I can trust Ashley. :) I said my comment wrong, it was meant to sound like I don't trust that ONE person in GAME, because people in my GAME stores make guesses. If you can understand what I'm trying to say, which not many people can. :p

September 14th is the first time when the release info goes outside Nintendo. No one knows the release date.

exactly!

though it is cool to see the countdown clock up in my local HMV, it's advertising the Lite at the min. it's getting me more bloody hyped if that's possible!!!