N-Europe

Sonic the Hedgehog

Aussie

I've said repeatedly that at its core it's the best playing 3D Sonic and I stick by that statement. The demo is, even, just play it until you get to proper grips with it and you'll see what I mean.

It's just that the game has all these issues on top that make it soooo difficult to appreciate what works about it sometimes. Especially the load times means that if.. for instance like I am right now.. you're trying to get S rank and you die - hence making an S rank nigh on impossible - and you wanna restart the stage alltogether (not just quick restart which sacrifices a life) it takes such a discouraging amount of time to load the stage again. The fact that the stages themselves don't have "acts" per se, but rather have joints with load times means that a stage takes ages to get through. That means that if you screw up on the very last bit, you'll be spending an age replaying the level to that point again.

The problems with this game is in 9/10 cases not really the gameplay. I think everyone here can testify to that, but core gameplay only gets you so far when the flaws keep slapping your face everywhere else.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably just my personal opinion but can you yuo guys rember jak 2, how they tied the town style area(gta type thing) and it sold more than jak and dater.

Well I'm wondering if sonic team saw this and thought it would shift a few more units.

I must say although I made a fool about caris picking this up(BTW mate you were right about the score, I'm sorry!), I must admit their are moments of gaming perfection.

The couple of main niggles for me were:

1) The loading times in the cental hub area.

2) The actual feeling of the hub area having an actual living feeling to it

3) The seemingless endless amount of ways to die.

Little niggles(my own opinion)

1) I know if you get hit you lose your rings that you have collected but I would prefer it if you could have a health meter and depending on the number of rings on a level increases the level of your health recharging.

2) I would prefer an auto jump when you move of those patforms to the air streams.

3) Loading times. And svr07 is a maor culprit of this

@ ThatGuy

Well, it looked jerky, spazzy and weird when I last saw it, but it's been pushed back pretty far from being the launch title it was originally targeted as, so at this point it's really anyone's guess.

Considering how simple it supposedly is, they should have plenty of time to get the core gameplay right though. Fingers crossed! :)

If you buy it dude, you'll be encourging developers to make shit games.

i was gonna mention this, giving this game a score above 6/10 is just saying that its ok to make broken games.

If someone line the game fair enough, but im pretty certain that most people do not like the game.

sonicoutofcontext3.jpg

"Im sorry, there is no penis to suck off, but you still managed to get a wad of cum in your hair HMMMMM"

i have played sonic adventure 2 and heroes.it's not just the 3d games i don't like.Snic rush annoyed me too.

it's the little things that drive me mad.i hated the music in rush.it was also just mindless speed and dare i say it TOO fast.I would like to see sonic introduce puzzle solving to the series.nothing major but i like to use my head.

i hated the music in rush.

How the hell can you say that? It was done by the same guy who did the JSR music. It was damn cool stuff! Had a good variety and not to mention the game was awesome fun from start to finish. I didn't put it down for 4 days when i got it.

I want people to imagine The Isle Delfino, with Sonic bounding and rebounding off walls like a hyperactive 6 year old at Christmas, running straight up towering walls and flipping of them at the very top before pile driving from a ridiculous height into the giant missile spewing robot below. No awkward obstacles, no sudden stoppages, free-roaming environments. Speed is all that is keeping you alive, and it is your only weapon. You must keep moving to stay safe. If Sonic slows down, he will die.

Now that would be a Sonic game.

I gotta admit, the final boss makes up for the shitty final stage. Man the music on the second phase is so awesome i had to rip it myself.

Yeah, "End of the world" is so fucking lame, especially the Knuckles and Rouge parts. Argggrhrh!

Anyway, since you've done the Soleanna's Hero achievement, Jordan, do you remember the Three Musketeers mission? What the hell am I supposed to do as Sonic? I see some rings and Tails, and then I'm totally lost.

Yeah, "End of the world" is so fucking lame, especially the Knuckles and Rouge parts. Argggrhrh!

Anyway, since you've done the Soleanna's Hero achievement, Jordan, do you remember the Three Musketeers mission? What the hell am I supposed to do as Sonic? I see some rings and Tails, and then I'm totally lost.

Apparentley you're meant to run to the jungle enterance on the other side of the town. That's what I've heard anyway. Hope it helps! ^^

Oh, and I've ocmpleted Sonic's episode and I'm part way through Shadow's. It's a good game, but the glithces piss me off waaay too much.

• 2 weeks later...