NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
demonmike04

A worry about Wii sports

So, Nintendo have an innovative and precise controller from what I hear, and im looking forward to buying Wii sports, but a dreadful though just popped into my head.

I've checked places, theres nothing said about it. I do think im slightly wrong in thinking this, but are the Wii sports games such as tennis, baseball and golf too simple?

I'l explain.

I've watched countless video's of the titles, but it occured to me, theres only swinging, theres no aim. It just seems the only gameplay there is timing, if you swing when the time is right, your guaranteed a hit.

And for golf, it only depends on how hard you swing, not whether you hit the ball or not.

I dont seem to make much sense here, but im hoping some one will know what I mean.

So my question is: Is it just swinging that makes the gameplay for games like this? Is there no worst case scenario as missing the ball when you swing in golf? Is the only way to miss hitting the ball in tennis is to not swing at all?

Im sorry I cant be more exact, but its hard to explain.

golf - just swinging power

tennis - various shot types forehand, backhand, volley, slice etc remember e3 conference but cannot control player position

baseball - swinging or throwing.

rumour is that there will be a lot more games and there should be because they will all be shallow but FUN. think "evangelistic games". I'm sure it will be cheap or even bundled.

Eh..well thank god strong rumours are suggesting more games, I wouldnt want it with those 3 games being that simple..

Thanks blender!

Rumour is there will be 30 games in it, so even if their a bit shallow theres's a lot of variety, they still have online modes, and there's a high probability it will come bundled.

Rumour is there will be 30 games in it, so even if their a bit shallow theres's a lot of variety, they still have online modes, and there's a high probability it will come bundled.

Wait..theres online modes? I've never heard about that..

Wait..theres online modes? I've never heard about that..

I haven't either.... but then thinking about it, the wii needs at least one of its launch games to use the wireless connection if only to advertise it exists. Some thing to speculate about.

Yeah, but I think its more suited for local multiplayer, as it makes it more fun with friends around you, im not sure you'd get that enjoyment out of the online feature if it had one.

These are simple games to captivate non gamers, it's normal that they're simple and easy.

About missing can you miss the ball on golf games? And I suppose if you move the wiimote wrong or don't move it at all in Tennis you'll miss the ball too. It's about timing actually.

I remember reading some interview or something stating that they might include the possibility to add the nunchuck for movement of your character... just can't remember where...

I remember reading some interview or something stating that they might include the possibility to add the nunchuck for movement of your character... just can't remember where...

I want that in the tennis game.

If wii sports comes with cricket and the gameplay is like stick cricket instead of buttons Wii-mote instead, I will deffintly get this game

30 games in Wii sports supposadely (like Shino said). So alot to offer.

Also i'm 99% certain it comes bundled with every console or it has a price tag of £19.99-£24.99!

It will be worth it.

I'm sure there will be aiming in it, otherwise it would be impossible to miss, no?

Also, Miyamoto said that they might make it so you have to use the nunchuck's jostick to move in WiiTennis.

You're an idiot. WiiSports is supposed to be stupidly simple, that's the whole point. It's designed for non-gamers, and as a basic showcase of how the controller works. It's not about precision, or skill, it's about fun multi-player. As far as the types of games are concerned, I reckon that the final game will have quite a large selection of sports. Maybe they'll add games such as archery.

There won't be 30 games. They are splitting it up into different categories like Motor Sports (Jet Ski, Airplane, and something else) and Club Sports (Golf, Baseball, and I can't remember what else). It's likely I think that we'll get Wii Motor Sports, Wii Club Sports and Wii Music (Orchestra) bundled with the Wii instead of other games. Or just one.

Was that ever actually confirmed, I swear it was just someone talking about the possibility of it happening.

You're an idiot. WiiSports is supposed to be stupidly simple, that's the whole point. It's designed for non-gamers, and as a basic showcase of how the controller works. It's not about precision, or skill, it's about fun multi-player. As far as the types of games are concerned, I reckon that the final game will have quite a large selection of sports. Maybe they'll add games such as archery.

1. Thank you, fuck you too.

2. Just because they are non-gamers, they can get bored of the constant swinging, thus being no difficulty, you always win.

3. Fun multiplayer? Who's gonna win if theres always gonna be a hit. The person thats too fat to respond?

4. You ended your post on a good note, i'd like to see archery.

1. Thank you, fuck you too.

2. Just because they are non-gamers, they can get bored of the constant swinging, thus being no difficulty, you always win.

3. Fun multiplayer? Who's gonna win if theres always gonna be a hit. The person thats too fat to respond?

4. You ended your post on a good note, i'd like to see archery.

1. :bowdown:

2. That's true, I think the simplicity was because it's a trial version of the game and most games were simplified for E3.

3. See my second post, though I like the fat person option. ;)

4. Ditto, see who has the steadiest hand. They could also do darts and more games that look different but are the same.

No, there is going to be a Motor Sports, Music and Club Sports game.

Fine if you say so, but for me to believe you you need to do one more thing.

Present some evidence.

i think of wii sports as the wii-mote training game as im sure Nintendo intends it to be, just as Duck Hunt was for the Zapper.

Its catering to entry-level gamers, women and old people that Nintendo love so much

Fine if you say so, but for me to believe you you need to do one more thing.

Present some evidence.

It was on the T'Internet last month or the month before apparently, the writers were talking about the different Wii Sports games.

Oh no I was unsure of something, how dare I...

I still believe though that Wii Sports will have more to offer than just Tennis, Golf and Baseball.

Oh no I was unsure of something, how dare I...

I still believe though that Wii Sports will have more to offer than just Tennis, Golf and Baseball.

I agree with you, I believe that's just a mistake. Wii Sports, Wii Music and Wii Motor Sports will be one and the same, and It's gonna be called Wii Activities.

Sign in to follow this