NEurope
Wiinii

What exclusive title will be in the September 1st issue of ONM?

It has to be a ploy. They're going to blow us away soon with some amazing news. Probably.

I mean ffs, Battalion Wars 2 - who on earth asked for that?

September 14th/15th better be good Nintendo! You're shaking my faith with these shite and underwhelming announcements.

It has to be a ploy. They're going to blow us away soon with some amazing news. Probably.

I mean ffs, Battalion Wars 2 - who on earth asked for that?

September 14th/15th better be good Nintendo! You're shaking my faith with these shite and underwhelming announcements.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Don't expect 'big' news from ONM ever because it always is stuff we already found out a week or so earlier....

I'll eat my hat if ONM surprise us.....ever.

It's a good mag, just slightly behind in the news front which is probably the most important section.

It's ashame. Makes me very nervous about Europes future concerning the Wii. I haven't really been made to believe that Europe are going to be treated differently with Wii release dates are anything yet. We still seem to be behind.

This can also be seen in the DS release schedule. We're still waiting 2 months for games to be released after USA (take Mario Basketball and Starfox for example). It's not good enough.

Im still sticking to the fact that their exclusive Zelda info is the change in Wii controls, and if im right, im going to lol at every single zelda fan who believed ONM would have an exclusive.

But, the DVD may show it in action, therefore making ONM of some use.

well it won't be the controls as ngamer has done that one, and it's made by the same publisher.

and ffs!!! it's a magazine, the net's news is instantaneous, it's hardly fair to say it's ONM's fault we've heard something here first ffs!!! if you don't like reading magazines instead of the net, then just don't! as far as i could see this thread was put here for those of us who DO like ONM, and as popular as any web site can get, a magazine will always have more readers than any one website folks. and just because you've read a few little online tales of BWii doesn't mean the tens of thousands of readers have! and to get the story published so soon after the GDC is great! more screens, hands-on, developer interviews most likely too. and, as someone posted over at the ONM forum: Remember IGN claiming a massive, giant exclusive and it was Table Tennis? Spong claiming there'd be amazing announcements and it was a pink PS2? It's the same sorta thing."

and for the last time - blame the net for that resi thing, NOT the mag!!! it was some fools on the net who didn't even read it properly, and stupid people who didn't check up on it that let the "story" get outta hand!

and the net isn't exactly consistent with its news either. the reason i choose to stay with n-europe is because they seem to double-check everything first and they are a very trustworthy news team.

now, personally, i love this site, but a magazine will always have more in-depth news stories and previews, and an official magazine will always have more exclusive hands-on features and interviews with developers, publishers and the big N themselves. i use the net to get my news quickly, the magazines to get more in-depth with the same stories, they can both co-exist very easily.

and all that extra info they have on BWii was given to them b4 anything appeared at GDC, yes that doesn't make the release of the game an exclusive, but they DO have more info than you've read before i'd wager. heck, it's still an exclusive in the magazine world anyway.

now to me, it sounds like some people could be bitter that it isn't NOM anymore, or some people are elitist towards the internet and simply don't like magazines. fair enough. personally though...

i love ONM.

and i love n-europe. :)

and ffs!!! it's a magazine, the net's news is instantaneous, it's hardly fair to say it's ONM's fault we've heard something here first ffs!!!

Actually there is no reason why the Official Nintendo magazine Can't have an exclusive piece of information or news before it gets released on the intenet.

Rockstar north For example usually release exclusive information on their games to magazines before gaming sites (Like every screenshot shown of Vice city stories so far has been shown magazines and not officially given to any site to show)

They are the Official magazine, so you'd think Nintendo would let them know some info before anyone else and give them some exclusives. Isnt that the main draw of the Offcial tag? that they will get some new info before anyone else will?

People assume that when a magazine in 2006 has bold claims of “EXCLUSIVE TITLE†that it doesn’t mean “Exclusive title…just so long as you have not read anything on the internet.

heck, the Bwii 2 stuff was on teletext the following morning after the Game con.

according to what i've now seen on the net, nintendo weren't meant to reveal BWii at GDC, they changed their minds at the last minute. hardly the mag's fault, was nintendo's. just bad luck for the mag as it was probably completed already at the time.. :S

they do get exclusive news still, and don't forget about the interviews, hands-on and in-depth stuff about what we hear snippets of online. still a mighty fine read i must say, love it to bits :D

and at least i know now why my subscription won't arrive until tomorrow (friday, so later on this morning i should say) which is also when it's out in the shops, as the news wasn't allowed out before release date. shame ninty dropped the ball at GDC on them!

“Rest assured this wouldn't happen normally and it's because it's a BIG exclusive.”

“We're embargoed until 1 September, which means if anyone finds out about it before then we're in trouble.”

“Nope, only we've got it. That's why it's an exclusive.”

Heres BWII

They have said this ON THE INTERNET. Can anyone see the point im trying to make

Just got the magazine this morning. The BWii feature is all right, but to be honest, I'm not really interested in the game anyway. No new Zelda news or screenshots - just everything we've read and seen before. They do say there'll be new screens in two issues time, though - I should think so too!

One thing that caught my eye, though, was the fact that the closing date for their 'Win a Wii' competition is November 6th. They promise that they'll deliver the consoles to the winners on launch day, so that pretty much rules out an October launch. Looks like it's going to be here at the same time as the PS3, if not after. :(

What i dont understand, to stop themselves from getting involved in controversy, is just say, "HUGE WORLD EXCLUSIVE BWII FEATURE WORLD EXCLUSIVE"

no?

and nintendo weren't meant to reveal it at GDC!!!! but they changed their minds at the last minute and showed it!! if you wana blame anyone for being disappointed blame nintendo for ruining the exclusive!

You should all know better than to place your faith in the hands of ONM.

: peace:

Wait..I thought there was a zelda exclusive..

just got the mag today, and the dvd was a waste really, got the music off it though.

That win a wii is a relly good ploy to all those dumbass people. "comp B" im sorry you entered it wrong please try again,

Kerching!!!! probably get £30 off each person, ONM in a lot of money. might actually see a good priz in the mag now.

One thing that caught my eye, though, was the fact that the closing date for their 'Win a Wii' competition is November 6th. They promise that they'll deliver the consoles to the winners on launch day, so that pretty much rules out an October launch. Looks like it's going to be here at the same time as the PS3, if not after. :(

November 10 probably... Nintendo can get a 1 unit break over Sony. :nono:

I don't care when it is released just as long as I can get my hands on it before Christmas.

To be honest, it's impossible for mags to keep up with the internet and they have images that aren't on the web, so I suppose it is an exclusive.

I can't stress this enough - screw ONM, get NGamer instead. They actually know the MEANING of "exclusive". They probably keep checking the dictionary and everything. They broke the news about REmake when they were NGC. They went for months being accused as liars when they revealed Zelda-wiimote. If they have an exclusive they just sodding tell you, usually before anyone else. ONM don't have jack.