Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. And anyway, it wasn't long it was still pretty short. He would look friggin cool with chest length hair like moi.

Edit: Oh shit, just remembered...:hmm: I'll Pm you...

Anything longer than an inch isn't short enough, anyway what did you remember as I have no unread PMs.

Anything longer than an inch isn't short enough, anyway what did you remember as I have no unread PMs.

Fair enough. Anyway, I don't check my PM's often, a couple of days ago I found one you sent me about Shenmue, which I had totally forgotten about. Anyway, I had to get my mom to fill it in and send it, and she told me she had, but obviously not, only problem is, shes on holiday, (and I don't know where it is), so she wont be able to write me one till the 7th. Anyway, sorry about that, I'll send it you soon as I can if you're still interested. My bad :sad:

Next week I will continue to watch where the friggin bastard channel abandoned the series. I mean why abandon a series in the middle of a season? And it was aired at 11:30pm ffs who watches tv at that time anyway?

I watch TV til about 5 am, mostly DVD's though. Unless Becker, Seinfeld or Scrubs are on.

Firstly...

How the FRACK did i not notice this trhead till now? I love Stargate also, Tel'c and O'Niell OWNZ (why did O' Neil have to go? :cry: it was his attitude that made the show so great)

Also what the hell is this about it being cancelled?

FRom what i gathered from scanning through this thread is was cancelled halfway through season 10 in USA, so does that mean that the other half has been filmed and is just not being shown?

What does this mean for season 10 on Sky One?

Its bull that they would cancel it, SG-1 is a great show a if it were to end it deserves a proper ending with a final episode and movie (though the two part ending to season 6 or was it seven?..grrr bad memory.... the one when Jack got the anicents knowlegde again and they "found" Atlantis in antartica and he stopped a Gau'ould (sp?... i'm so bad at spelling these things) earth attack was origianlly going to be a movie... i don't know why it was changed to a season finale, but i have a feeling someone here will tell me

Firstly...

How the FRACK did i not notice this trhead till now? I love Stargate also, Tel'c and O'Niell OWNZ (why did O' Neil have to go? :cry: it was his attitude that made the show so great)

Also what the hell is this about it being cancelled?

FRom what i gathered from scanning through this thread is was cancelled halfway through season 10 in USA, so does that mean that the other half has been filmed and is just not being shown?

What does this mean for season 10 on Sky One?

Its bull that they would cancel it, SG-1 is a great show a if it were to end it deserves a proper ending with a final episode and movie (though the two part ending to season 6 or was it seven?..grrr bad memory.... the one when Jack got the anicents knowlegde again and they "found" Atlantis in antartica and he stopped a Gau'ould (sp?... i'm so bad at spelling these things) earth attack was origianlly going to be a movie... i don't know why it was changed to a season finale, but i have a feeling someone here will tell me

The rest of Season 10 will be shown in the US, but at a later date, after the whole of it's been shown in the UK, which should start october/november.

The reason it was cancelled was due to the US scifi channel that shows it being too tight to renew their contract with MGM. It is possible someone else will pick up the contract though. Personally I hope they don't do a sudden wrap up of the show like they did withEnterprise, that was just awful how that ended.

wonder why they decided to cancel one of their two three rated shows?! god help battlestar, it may be their number one show but what if they get "tight" again a coupla years down the line! if any show deserves to go and go it's that one... and sg-1 ofcourse!

just watched a random ep tonight on sky one, "chimera" and i LOVED it! only watched up to season five on dvd, and that was last year! will have to get the funds up again so i can carry on. seen a coupla eps to know it's worth getting back to.

tonight's was superb!! fantastic acting throughout, and a real sense of tension in the final scenes! quite hard to do when the show is so far along like this is. by the way, is it just me getting subconsciously "used" to sets and the vancouver forest(?) or does the show feel "bigger" somehow when it goes out-and-about on earth? mm...

and amanda tapping!! where did those boobs come from?? :o

and so glad this lady is a goodie again, she's purdy ;) me likes her!

383838107a1913989917b1789889l.jpg

wee snippets from gateworld website here:

"I was saying to the director and the producers on set I was like, 'Well, what do you want me to hum?' I mean, you know, and so I started jokingly humming the Stargate theme song, and they said 'That's brilliant!' And so I said, 'OK, well it's just a ditty that she's got in her head. I mean, it's not like she watches Stargate ... she's on it! But I was talking with Michael because I said, 'Wouldn't it be funny if I sang the MacGyver theme song?' And so I went running up to Michael Shanks and I was like, 'How does the MacGyver theme song go? How does the MacGyver theme song go?' And we couldn't -- like there was, you know, maybe two minutes to try to learn it. So I said, 'Ah, forget it. I'll just do Stargate.' It would've, I think, would've been really great if I hummed the MacGyver theme song, but I didn't know it." (Actress Amanda Tapping, in an interview with GateWorld)

Among the actors originally considered for Pete Shanahan was Farscape star Ben Browder. "We considered him for casting. I love Ben. I think he'd have been great. I would have loved to use him, and I think the crossover would have been a lot of fun. But he turned us down." (Executive producer Robert C. Cooper, in an interview with the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site)

ok, i take back my comment about it being one of their top shows, this from the same site. although, from the rest of the news story MGM seems to not want to cancel it (it's up there with James Bond they've said!), and so i'd say someone else may pick it up:

Viewers and production personnel alike have blamed a number of factors for the show's dramatically lower ratings, from SCI FI and Sony's lack of promotion to the removal of anchor show Battlestar Galactica from the Friday night line-up, to new competition from such shows as USA's hit Monk.

Though also down significantly in the ratings this summer, Atlantis has consistently scored better than SG-1.

"Studio executives are working to identify an alternative outlet for Stargate SG-1," Multichannel News said, citing sources close to the production.

see that first paragraph? bloody sony!!!!!!

sorry for the huge post people, but i'll say it again "bloody sony!!", read this (then i'll stop, i swear!):

MGM want to take stargate somewhere else, as a movie maybe etc etc but they also expressed interest in taking it to another network, and SCI FI had THIS to say about that: "But such a move may be out of the question, if SCI FI Channel has anything to say about it. "There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television," Stern told Multichannel flatly. "Our contract with MGM prohibits it."

"It's done a great job, rejuvenated with the additions of Ben [browder], Claudia [black] and Beau [bridges], but we think we've come to the end of those stories," Stern said. "We really felt like it was the right time to segue out, for the show not to overstay its welcome."

"

That was announced a while back.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=37194&type=0

But it'll be sequels to the original movie and have nothing to do with SG1 and Atlantis.

i was just posting the new news story which did include snippets from previous ones, and MGM have already stated that if it goes to the movies then it'll be a series of films based on sg-1. after all, let's face it, why ignore it when it's done so much better than the original movie? that'd be daft! nope, if it goes to the cinema it'll be an sg-1 movie, which sounds good... although i'd prefer the series to continue.

and yep hellfire she is! :D she was in "Dalek" in season one of dr.who as well hmmmmm.....

i was just posting the new news story which did include snippets from previous ones, and MGM have already stated that if it goes to the movies then it'll be a series of films based on sg-1. after all, let's face it, why ignore it when it's done so much better than the original movie? that'd be daft! nope, if it goes to the cinema it'll be an sg-1 movie, which sounds good... although i'd prefer the series to continue.

and yep hellfire she is! :D she was in "Dalek" in season one of dr.who as well hmmmmm.....

What could they do with an SG1 movie though, the shows been on a decline for a few years now and I seriously doubt they could come up with enough decent material for a movie.

well, it's canon now for the stargate story. sometimes a movie can rejuvenate a franchise. from what i've heard the star trek movies did that for tng, not that i ever watched it myself tho.

now, personally, i haven't really seen beyond s5 of stargate so i guess it's personal opinion on whether it's been in decline tho.

• 2 months later...

"What's the future of Stargate SG-1? Fans have been wondering and rumors have been flying for weeks since the long-running SCI FI Channel series was cancelled in August (story). Now, at least the first part of that answer is here.

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper."

From Gateworld

So at least we know that the first film is about SG1, with the second one to have time travel.

"What's the future of Stargate SG-1? Fans have been wondering and rumors have been flying for weeks since the long-running SCI FI Channel series was cancelled in August (story). Now, at least the first part of that answer is here.

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper."

From Gateworld

So at least we know that the first film is about SG1, with the second one to have time travel.

Old news, for the first, well I couldn't give a shit about the Ori, they're crap, but the time travel one sounds promising, hopefully they'll be going back to wipe out some more Go'uald.

Go'uald > Ori

Just finished watching the 200th episode, i was loving it, all the little "in-jokes" were great and done really well.

Best was when O'Neill came in and it was like

Mitchel: "Yeah, they'll never see that coming"

Daniel: "No, there'll be spoilers"

Carter: "It'll be in the comercial"

that was great because it was in the comercial, haha.

However I didn't like the ending, that last part that was all the "fake cast" thing. I was waiting to see what happened after SG-1 went through the gate just before the ad break, then we get this crappy ending with the "Wormhole Xtreme" cast finishing up their 200th episode

• 3 weeks later...