Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really looking forward to it but i'll be waiting until Tuesday night, dont want to get caught up in downloading them everyweek.

I just hope they dont go too far with this trying to emulate Battlestar thing, some of the reviews ive read have mentioned it but I think at its core it really needs to stay 'Stargate' with exploring and inappropriately timed humour!

It's gonna be legendary

It's going to be a complete rip off of BSG.

I give it 6 episodes until we're seeing replicators, pine forests, and forehead of the week aliens.

SG-1 stopped being good around season 7. SGA was alright. This, might look good now (in trailer form) but I can't see it lasting more than a year or two.

Well I watched it, I liked it. I didn't like BSG but I like this.

It did seem a bit slow in places but I think they really should have put the third part on with this, maybe that would make it feel more complete

Plus Ronnie, the producers promised very few pine forests and no forehead aliens (when did they even do that, that was Star Trek). I really doubt replicators will appear as well

Seen the pilot and it looks interesting to me. But I hope they don't go to far with stupid looking aliens and technology that is more magic than it is technology.

How did they get the gate to work? Elih said something about having to dialing from Earth and something about it being a code, but what did they do to insert the ninth chevron the second time that didn't work the first time?

Seen the pilot and it looks interesting to me. But I hope they don't go to far with stupid looking aliens and technology that is more magic than it is technology.

How did they get the gate to work? Elih said something about having to dialing from Earth and something about it being a code, but what did they do to insert the ninth chevron the second time that didn't work the first time?

The Earth Symbol has been noted on several non-earth gates somehow so its not that far of a stretch

... :blank: ...

People are comparing it to BSG because its "gritty" but I'm not seeing that many similarities other than that

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Well I just watched it and have to say it was excellent. I was cautiously optimistic and I can happily say I look forward to seeing more.

Any comparison to Battlestar Galactica is superficial. I can see this touching on some themes that BSG did but I really don't think they'll be able to do them on such a scale and with such depth, nor do I expect them to. Can't wait for more.

I love the ship.

Clever? How so? (This is probably something obvious that just completely went over my head. :heh: )

I want to say it looks like a spear.

It's kind of missing a strong female character. It's a bit of a sausage-fest at the moment.

Clever? How so? (This is probably something obvious that just completely went over my head. :heh: )

I want to say it looks like a spear.

It's kind of missing a strong female character. It's a bit of a sausage-fest at the moment.

It is shaped like a Chevron on a Stargate :)

Plus Ronnie, the producers promised very few pine forests and no forehead aliens (when did they even do that, that was Star Trek). I really doubt replicators will appear as well

Fair enough but personally I lost all faith in the Stargate producers and most of the writers years ago

Fair enough but personally I lost all faith in the Stargate producers and most of the writers years ago

Prepare to have your faith reinstated. The script is brilliant, bit slow in paces but not enough to complain about really. It's hard to imagine this is the same bunch of writers.

I had always wanted Atlantis to be like this, darker and grittier. I only hope they actually explore the ship, in time of course. As Atlantis seemed to be reduced to labs where nothing of real consequence ever really happened.

The music was really good too, especially in the opening, thought that opening was really well done.

Essentially

6 points to determine where you go and the point of origin to determine a route

Yeah, the only extra info you need from the shows I guess is that if you used an 8th symbol (with tons more power) you can dial a gate in another galaxy. They thing for Universe however is that there are 9 spaces on the gates so people wondered what the 9th was for. This show answers that.

Edit:

Woops forgot to say, just watched the show and LOVED IT. Was good to see some old faces return, I had heard that some would reappear in later episodes was wondering how that could happen though that was explained decently enough in this ep using something that was already estabished in SG-1.

Wish they had shown the 3rd part to pilot with it, it just seemed to end too soon. Be interesting to see how each character develops and what they actually do encounter. Will they just turn the ship around to head towards Earth. And can't wait to see what else is to be found on the ship.

1st: Will we find out what Dr. Rush actually did/said when he contacted Earth. "Hey guys we're on an Ancient ship billions of light-years away, don't keep a light on we're screwed"

2nd: Can the ship even dial Earth? Likely will need a shit load of power that they won't ever have

3rd: Will we ever find out what happened to damage the ship?

4th: Why did Earths symbol work as the "point of origin"? I get that maybe the ship was meant to be dialed from Earth, but they weren't on Earth.. therefore shouldn't the gate have been like "wait that's not where I am. That didn't make much sense to me, obviously it was done to create an early problem and a bit of notalgia/fan service to have the Earth chevron appear.

Edited by Mokong