NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

Just read on the Twiiter that long time Stargate franchise composer Joel Goldsmith has passed away. :( The music he composed for SGU was just phenomenal.

This will always be one of my favourite pieces. I just wish they'd have released a proper soundtrack for SGU.

That's such a shame. He was great. Up there with Murray Gold in terms of TV soundtracks.

He really outdid himself with the SGU stuff. The music is amazing. So subtle, yet so emotional

He says he's starting work on the new trilogy pretty much every year though so we probably won't see anything come from this.

I would rather just see the Atlantis and next SG1 movies made.

Last I heard he wanted to make a sequel with a Stargate on the moon or Mars. Sounded rubbish.

I know I'm in a minority here but I would really like to see them give SGU a proper ending. Eli being left alone to die of starvation and alone isn't right :(

Last I heard he wanted to make a sequel with a Stargate on the moon or Mars. Sounded rubbish.

That was for Atlantis.

At the end of Atlantis they brought the city to Earth (America, naturally). In the next series/follow up film (I can't remember which) they were going to move Atlantis to the moon.

I know I'm in a minority here but I would really like to see them give SGU a proper ending. Eli being left alone to die of starvation and alone isn't right :(

I agree. SGU started to get really good in S2 once they cut the BSG wannabe crap from Season 1. It deserved better

SGU had like many scifi franchises ended too soon, just gotten into its stride

as much as i'd love more stargate, continuation of the film franchise is low on the list of things i'd want.......but a film trilogy could spawn a rebooted tv series......

man i miss stargate....what was the ios/android game like? keep meaning to give it a shot, but i have ios/android touch interfaces for games

SGU's problem (apart from most of season 1 being a cure for insomnia) was its cast was just horribly unlikable, IMO. A couple of them were ok but after dodgy personalities and a whole season of them shouting at each other and arguing, it was hard to enjoy watching them.

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah, great premise, but I realley disliked the cast. I almost missed the random worlds they had.

Parts of season 2 I loved, parts I hated. The story with the descendants was good (but they then decided to skip over it).

The drones destroyed the show, though. They were fine for the first two-parter, but they should never have been brought back. Worst recurring enemy in any TV show, ever.

I loved SGU. Even the "slow" first season.

That was for Atlantis.

At the end of Atlantis they brought the city to Earth (America, naturally). In the next series/follow up film (I can't remember which) they were going to move Atlantis to the moon.

It was also an idea the original director wanted to do. Or he wanted a second gate on Earth. Either way his idea was shite.

It was also an idea the original director wanted to do. Or he wanted a second gate on Earth. Either way his idea was shite.

There was a second gate on earth. Not sure what else you mean by this.

wasn't one of the plot lines for the atlantis movie meant to be that Atlantis's auto destruct engaged, as there was a fail safe put in place if it left the Pegasus galaxy for an extended period?

wasn't one of the plot lines for the atlantis movie meant to be that Atlantis's auto destruct engaged, as there was a fail safe put in place if it left the Pegasus galaxy for an extended period?

Yep something like that

Yup. They needed a reason to take the city back to Pegasus (so they can finish the stories regarding the Wraith and Asgard), and that was the best they could come up with as the military and government would never willingly send it back.

However, the city was going to be moved to the moon before the auto destruct started.