NEurope
Ashley

Forum Upgrades & Add-Ons

Damn, no more 5MB signatures for me.

About the 'Now Playing' thing. Is this for games or music or movies or anything? I guess that means the 'what are you listning to' and 'what are you playing' threads could now (officially) be deemed pointless?

Nice work guys.

Well its classed as a What You Listening To Script, but the script automatically puts "Now Playing:".

and any word on the "go to your last post" button making a comeback...?

Was removed from vB 3.6 for some reason, and I've yet to find a hack to replicate it.

I don't know if its just me, but the little arrow button next to the time of the last post takes me to it.

I don't know if its just me, but the little arrow button next to the time of the last post takes me to it.

that's the last post of the thread, I as enquiring about the one that took you to the last post you actually posted yourself.

that's the last post of the thread, I as enquiring about the one that took you to the last post you actually posted yourself.

Why would you want to exactly.

Why would you want to exactly.

Say you posted something in the meaningless post thread and then went to bed/work/MIA for a few hours. You come back and want to see if anyone has replied.

Automatic Image Resizing

Images over 640px in length will now automatically be shrunk, and you can click on the little bar that appears above them to stretch them. Will prevent images from overstretching everyone's view. Now you chose if you wish it to be overstretched.

This is the best feature for me, I usually resized the pictures in my PC to upload them afterwards, this handles all the work and spares me to upload two, one lower-res for the forums, and one higher resolution for "enlarge to full-size" it also avoids dead links. if it's dead it doesn't show the resized one, simple as that.

It could be a problem for 56k users though, since I can now upload a 5 MB image into a thread just like that, as it's just on "forced resize" it takes the same space on RAM, so I think there should still be a "limit" in the rules as how to use this, like... maximum width for the image being... 853 pixels... that's all we need, Wii native resolution is going to be 853x480... Said that if it should be more... maximum should be 1280x720, really, we don't want to go to the "other consoles" section and go loading 1920x1080 screenshots with some games, hell no.

It would be good to be able to choose other pixel width than the "automatic one", like 320/160 pixels, to be able to put several of these in a row (handy for multiple page scans).

the multipost thing is good. as is fiercelinks taste in music. *grins*

Excellent. :)

This is the best feature for me, I usually resized the pictures in my PC to upload them afterwards, this handles all the work and spares me to upload two, one lower-res for the forums, and one higher resolution for "enlarge to full-size" it also avoids dead links. if it's dead it doesn't show the resized one, simple as that.

It could be a problem for 56k users though, since I can now upload a 5 MB image into a thread just like that, as it's just on "forced resize" it takes the same space on RAM, so I think there should still be a "limit" in the rules as how to use this, like... maximum width for the image being... 853 pixels... that's all we need, Wii native resolution is going to be 853x480... Said that if it should be more... maximum should be 1280x720, really, we don't want to go to the "other consoles" section and go loading 1920x1080 screenshots with some games, hell no.

It would be good to be able to choose other pixel width than the "automatic one", like 320/160 pixels, to be able to put several of these in a row (handy for multiple page scans).

Some good ideas there. We'll definitely look into it. Bear in mind, we've only just made the changes, so no doubt there we'll be improving things even further in the future.

I agree with you, but for instance magazine scans must be pretty big unleass you cut out the pictures. But instead you could also just link to them, this would solve the problem.

I think the creative board should be an exception to the rule. For instance in a 'show your desktop' or wallpaper thread it would be quite annoying to have to click on all the links to view the pictures.

If im getting you right (which I may not be), its a nice idea but not possible. There is no way of stopping people from uploading past a certain size*.

*unless I'm proven wrong

If im getting you right (which I may not be), its a nice idea but not possible. There is no way of stopping people from uploading past a certain size*.

*unless I'm proven wrong

I was talking about stablishing some forum rules for it's use, like with the sigs, I believe 400x100 is the limit and 50 KB.

For images I believe only maximum width size should be suggested, as for panoramic screenshots the height will always be smaller than... say; a A4 scan where the height it's actually higher than the width.

If they don't respect that width, they are bound to be edited if the staff sees it fit, same should happen with this "forced-resize" pictures.

The online boards have been expanded and added to and this was discussed in there but felt the need to echo it in here too.

The briefly seen (x Viewing) after a thread's name has now gone. It has been replaced by a box at the bottom of each thread (under the quick reply thing) which shows you who is viewing that thread. Its what we originally wanted, turns out it was a simple vBulletin option rather than a mod.

But yeah. If you want a match or something in say Mario Kart, post in the thread and then you can always leave it open in another window in the background so other users know you're still up for a game. Hope that makes sense. But if you're confused just scroll down to the bottom of this thread.

I get what you mean. Keep that thread open in another window or tab, right?

shows you who is viewing that thread.

You saying I now can't masturbate over the User Image Gallery without people knowing?

Unless you put yourself on invisible mode...I think. I dunno. Im on invisible mode but it does show me as viewing this thread, but I dunno if it would show it to you. I'll leave this open and you can tell me.

And if its me you're doing it over I don't mind anyway :p

Well then there you go. Set yourself to invisible. As I see it currently me, Cube, Fresh and Stefkov are here. But if anyone wants to confirm I'm not then yeah, setting yoruself as invisible will do it (well except for to admins and maybe mods who will still know)