NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LukeLee

Propaganda against Muslims

Okay, a bit of a sensitive topic (hoping it remains calm without getting closed).

I've seen it quite a bit on the media this last year or so, but the most clear example at the moment has the be the channel 4 trailer (which of course will be seen more than the actual tv programme) where they show an image of an asian man and flash slogons initially like "he grew up in England", "he supports hislocal football team" but leading on to say "he thinks all English women are immoral" and then to say "he sympathesis with the London bombers". It is then implied that this represents the average muslim's views.

I dont think i've ever seen such blatent propaganda. It's disappointing to see this in our country, we've always had advertisers trying to persuade us that their product is the best, but this is disgusting.

I think this is a trailer for a show analysing a survey that was done not to long ago (a few months or so) about how Muslims and non-Muslims feel about each other in the UK. Can't find the newspaper article I saw on it right now. However Channel 4 seem have done the usual and turned what is probably a reasonably interesting program discovering the views of Muslims in the UK into sensationalist bollocks. They do the same thing with programs with titles like "The girl who's bones melted." Anyway, watch the program before leaping to any conclusions about anti-Muslim propaganda.

I've just wached a very good programme caled "Sharia TV" on Channnel 4 with a panel of various Muslim preachers, scholars and activitsts being asked questions about current events in Muslim britain. It was very good and balanced, and seemed to offer a good range of Muslim views within the panel. I would like to see more of this sort of thing in the future, giving Muslims and other ethnic, cultural and religous groups in the UK a balanced mouthpiece on more mainstream channels then the usual group of obscure evangelical cable shows.

i agree that the programme may not be sensationalist at all, but the advert certainly is! it is unfair to air that advert and channel four should never have put it together the way they did! what about all those simple-minded idiots out there that wouldn't watch the programme but will see the advert and assume THAT is the programme's findings?!

i'm sick of all the anti islam shit i see everywhere personally. yes there are some nutters about, but there are in any religion. every muslim i have ever met has been fine, nice friendly people.

down in syria now i believe the muslims AND arab christians are marching together in protest against israel.

its time we had some anti fucking israel propoganda, infact its time we just fucking shut the bastards up perminantly, been nothing but trouble. i don't have a problem with jews as a whole, i know some personally and my father lived with one for some time. but we both agree that israel = nothing but trouble. if you read the bible, god says they were banished to walk the earth forever more and never to have a true homeland. there's only one jewish state on the planet, look at the shit its caused! there are plenty of other states with other religions and in modern history they've never caused as much shit as those fucking red sea pedestrians............

if the call to arms came tomorrow i'd go, free the holyland as it were, kinda reverse of the crusaders............

yes there are nutters in any religion but every other religion in the world denonces it. how many muslim leaders have come out publically and damned the actions of these nutters?

yes there are nutters in any religion but every other religion in the world denonces it. how many muslim leaders have come out publically and damned the actions of these nutters?

plenty, if you've not seen it its either because you have chosen not to or aren't watching enough news/the right news

there's always one in every village/thread isn't there? :indeed:

Anyway, watch the program before leaping to any conclusions about anti-Muslim propaganda.

I am aware that the programme itself may differ. However, due to the nature of adverts/trailers, it being short, repeated often and in this case being sensationalist - it will leave a bigger impact than the programme itself will. Many people will see this advert between watching another programme and never see the programme in full. So really the nature and frequency of this trailer makes it more important than the programme itself.

surely the shocking nature of the add is just to get people to watch the program, the program itself may be very fair and not take any cliched or stereotypical points of view.

however on a similar topic i find it annoying how white people who have suffered many racist comments and such like aren't treated as equally as people of other ethinicity. i mean it does happen but it seems the police and people in general dont aknowledge it. i mean Birmingham is on its way to being the first city where a national minority group is actually the majority of the population of the city.

racisms never black and white (sorry about the pun but its true)

um, ford perfect, bit harsh...? you say you're sick of anti-islam comments, and correctly state that not everyone is like the nutjobs we see on tv. then you go and attack an entire country, where i'm sure not everyone is like that there. remember, all we see on the news is bad news, and we can't group everyone of one religion or country together so simply. if we did, we'd believe that everyone in the USA and Britain wanted to attack Iraq for example.

i live in northern ireland and back in the 80's and much of the 90's everyone thought we were a war zone, a constant rush to get where you were going incase you get sniped, where you had to check underneath your car every morning, where everyone hated everyone else if they were of a different religion... couldn't have been more wrong, 99% of the people here wished it'd just end, and had nothing to do with it whatsoever... the other 1% that still carry on today SAY it's religion, but it's really now gang stuff about drugs, something every country has, and has worse than here!

surely the shocking nature of the add is just to get people to watch the program, the program itself may be very fair and not take any cliched or stereotypical points of view.

i know what you mean, but not everyone will watch the show, and will think that what the advert states IS what the show is going to conclude too, and will accept it as "gospel".

i'm sick of all the anti islam shit i see everywhere personally. yes there are some nutters about, but there are in any religion. every muslim i have ever met has been fine, nice friendly people.

down in syria now i believe the muslims AND arab christians are marching together in protest against israel.

its time we had some anti fucking israel propoganda, infact its time we just fucking shut the bastards up perminantly, been nothing but trouble. i don't have a problem with jews as a whole, i know some personally and my father lived with one for some time. but we both agree that israel = nothing but trouble. if you read the bible, god says they were banished to walk the earth forever more and never to have a true homeland. there's only one jewish state on the planet, look at the shit its caused! there are plenty of other states with other religions and in modern history they've never caused as much shit as those fucking red sea pedestrians............

if the call to arms came tomorrow i'd go, free the holyland as it were, kinda reverse of the crusaders............

Woah there, Mr. Gibson!

i live in northern ireland and back in the 80's and much of the 90's everyone thought we were a war zone, a constant rush to get where you were going incase you get sniped, where you had to check underneath your car every morning, where everyone hated everyone else if they were of a different religion... couldn't have been more wrong, 99% of the people here wished it'd just end, and had nothing to do with it whatsoever... the other 1% that still carry on today SAY it's religion, but it's really now gang stuff about drugs, something every country has, and has worse than here!

A man is walking through Belfast at the height of the trouble when suddenly he is dragged into a back alley. He hears a voice ask "What religion are you?" Thinking fast the man says, "I'm jewish". To which the man replies, "Wow, I must be the luckiest arab in the world."

What about "Don't Panic, Im Islamic" Written on t-shirts?

Don't Panic, I'm Islamic was a programme about prejudice towards muslims.

however on a similar topic i find it annoying how white people who have suffered many racist comments and such like aren't treated as equally as people of other ethinicity. i mean it does happen but it seems the police and people in general dont aknowledge it. i mean Birmingham is on its way to being the first city where a national minority group is actually the majority of the population of the city.

racisms never black and white (sorry about the pun but its true)

I hate that.

I hate that.

what do you hate about it?

do you agree with me? lol

It is a bit preamture to be judging Channels 4 content based on a single ad - Channel 4 has a good reputation of broadcasting purely the opinions of the documentary maker, and offers an excellent range of opinion (remember More4's "The Clown War" season?). Also I think a documentary is warranted, as there is vocal extremist minority in Islam in Britain which still needs to be addressed. I have yet to see anything from Channel 4 to warrant accusations of a propaganda campaign, least of all against British Muslims.

Birmingham is on its way to being the first city where a national minority group is actually the majority of the population of the city.

I don't know why but I really don't like to see that happen. I'm not racist or anything but I'd rather Brummagem remain to be known as the home of Metal Music, The Football League and Cadbury's Chocolate, rather than it being a very ethnic country.

Speaking of this, it reminded me of when I was watching Midlands Today, it featured this Indian man who lived in Birmingham for a long time. He spoke with a Brummie accent and he sounded like a white person as well. But a minute later they were talking to another Asian man who had been living and working in Birmingham for 30 years yet when they interviewed him, he wasn't speaking in English.

Maybe that's why I don't like the sound of Birmingham becoming the first city where a national minority group is actually the majority of the population of the city, if many of the minority group members don't speak English we might as well have multi-lingual road signs everywhere. Infact, there's a sign in the middle of Sutton Coldfield that has "Please do not feed the birds" written in Asian languages.

ASIAN languages? Oh the HORROR!

Seriously though, I fail to see the problem - so we end up living in a country that feature a variety of languages as well as English, where not everyone is white and whole streets are subjected to racial and cultural diversity. This is the future - we live in a globalised economy now, where communication is instantaneous, travel and migration easy and people of all races, creeds and backgrounds are required to interact with each other just to keep it all running smoothly. With a bit of luck there will be no such thing as countries eventually.

i think if they are in this country they should be able to speak english and should call themselves british first.

anyway, i have my opinins afetr living in basicly an asian ghetto filled with drug dealers and gangs and murders every other day of the week, oh and one of the terrorists from last year was found like 15 mins walk from my old house.

i think if they are in this country they should be able to speak english and should call themselves british first.

anyway, i have my opinins afetr living in basicly an asian ghetto filled with drug dealers and gangs and murders every other day of the week, oh and one of the terrorists from last year was found like 15 mins walk from my old house.

Whereabouts in Birmingham do you live?

Sign in to follow this