NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaxxx

My local GAME have stopped selling Gamecube stuff

Popped into my Local GAME yesterday (Rushmere branch) and couldnt believe it when i discovered the only Gamecube stock they had was a single preowned Gamecube and about 20 preown games. (all crap BTW)

Not a single new Gamecube title or Gamecube. I usually only buy online these days and dont use my Gamecube much but since when did GAME stop stocking new GC games? Seems a tad OTT to me. HMV also had no GC stock at all.

Most of the shops i know around my area have stopped selling gamecubes 1 year ago or so.

Mine stopped ages ago too and as I live in Ireland it's bloody frustrating trying to get stuff as the GC sold even lower here than the UK :( There's about 3 pre-owned games and that's it, they're trying to flog Resi 4 second-hand for £40!

The only shop that sells GC software that i'm aware of is Gamestation. ePlay sell a couple of games (mario baseball, double dash) for £37.99 but that's it.

Yeah I don't even bother looking anymore. I got lucky a couple of times with preowned games but I haven't seen a decent pre-owned game in any of my local shops in ages.

All my local shops still sell GC games but have very little shelf space for them. However what little games they have for the cube are all the best selling games which most people already own (Zelda WW, Metroid prime, Mario party 4 and Mario Sunshine).

I am beginning to wonder if by Christmas time the only place I will be able to buy Twilight princess will be online.

Dont buy from GAME, disgraceful store.

Gamestation and play.com are where i get my games from. Some games are getting so hard to find at the moment, like pikmin 2 :(

Haha, PWNED! Thats why you should never shop at Game, for Gamestation is far superior, in every way, I found a fuckin Atari Jaguar in one of their cabinets FFS.

Cube is dead, sadly.

It still lives in my house, but in the outside world, yes, it's pretty much dead.

GAME in leeds dont have shelf space for Gamecube stock either. You cant really blame them however, not since the release of Metroid prime has the gamecube got sales worthy of advertisement or shelf space, and even then it only sold more Units than the XBox for one month.

The cube is definately dead however, the software is likely to live on through eBay and Gamestation once the Wii graces our shores.

Sign in to follow this