NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
kiwikid

NZ State of Nintendo

OK This is my first ever thread creation on anything like this and I was wondering if there are any other NZers out there who feel as strongly about Nintendo as I do. The state of Nintys sales here is abysmal. NO Marketing, bugger all advertising. Sony seem to own everything and have managed to infect everyones minds regarding the superiority of there brand and it annoys me so much. Nintendo were first on the video game scene (out of Sony and Microsoft anyway. and now its like they don't even exist. Does anyone else feel the same? Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

OK This is my first ever thread creation on anything like this and I was wondering if there are any other NZers out there who feel as strongly about Nintendo as I do. The state of Nintys sales here is abysmal. NO Marketing, bugger all advertising. Sony seem to own everything and have managed to infect everyones minds regarding the superiority of there brand and it annoys me so much. Nintendo were first on the video game scene (out of Sony and Microsoft anyway. and now its like they don't even exist. Does anyone else feel the same? Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Exact same situation as in Ireland mate. No adverts, absolutely no attempt to market any products. Anything that we do see that is Nintendo related is on the overspill from the UK's satellite and terrestrial channels.

Ok, GAME (video games store in UK and Ireland) seem to be giving the DS lite a prime spot in all their stores, but more needs to be done. SERIOUSLY.

Ireland is predominantly a Sony haven. PS2's outsold everything here monstrously. If Nintendo want to buck the trend and make sales in lesser territories Nintendo UK need to get their fingers out of there asses and realise there are people in Ireland who play video games.

Come on ffs, advertise.....ADVERTISE

Exact same situation as in Ireland mate. No adverts, absolutely no attempt to market any products. Anything that we do see that is Nintendo related is on the overspill from the UK's satellite and terrestrial channels.

Ok, GAME (video games store in UK and Ireland) seem to be giving the DS lite a prime spot in all their stores, but more needs to be done. SERIOUSLY.

Almost looked like you lived here in Portugal, because it's the same thing here. Except that we don't have GAME nor UK channels, so it's worse.

Ireland is predominantly a Sony haven. PS2's outsold everything here monstrously. If Nintendo want to buck the trend and make sales in lesser territories Nintendo UK need to get their fingers out of there asses and realise there are people in Ireland who play video games.

Come on ffs, advertise.....ADVERTISE

so very true!I just hate shops like xtravision that only let u rent psp and ps2 games but its probably nintendos fault.i believe in england u can rent even gba games!

the gamecube stock in GAME is gone!!! :( all from a few GC controlers and a memery card or two. Although they do have plenty of DS stuff around the gamecube is completly dead in GAME.

PS3 is now available on preorder in a couple of stores here now. The Gamesman here have dropped all GC stock and would have no more than 20 DS titles on show in a dark little corner of there shops. EB are a little better and still stock GC stuff. They are currently reorganising their shop displays so god kows how much room they are going to make for the almighty Sony.

It really saddens me to see this happening. It's almost as if Nintendo are not allowed to advertise their products here. I reckon there is a deal between Sony and the large department stores that stock their products. I sometimes feel like a Nintendo needle at the bottom of a Sony haystack.

The gamecube is practically dead everywhere. Theres very little software for it being released (comparitively), and its not profitable for it to be given shelf space.

Marketing of the DS seems to be going fairly well, In most shops it has a very prominant position, and several times ive heard the store clerks telling a customer they'd recommend a DS over a PSP.

When the Wii is launched there will be a big increase in the amount of advertising and promotion. Alot of companies are very excited about it. The main reason we're not seeing any info or preorders is because not very much concrete information has been released. As soon as we havea release date and a price, pre-orders will be available and promotion can start in earnest.

Here's an interesting thing. EB Games has moved all there DS stock to the front of the store. Also there are posters saying it is back in stock. Thats a bit of a Sony marketing ploy if ever I saw one. The DS will never go out of stock here, demand is not big enough. There is a preorder poster for the Wii as well as the PS3. Both posters off a trade in deal. The PS3 deal is if you trade in your PS2 or Xbox as well as 25 games you will get the PS3 for NZ$899 saving $300. The Wii offer is the same but you will save $300 of the price of the Wii. I guess that means that the PS3 will retail here for $1,199 which I think equates to roughly 400 Pound in Britain. By the time PS3 is released on Nov 17, I predict the Xbox 360 will be half the price. Rumours suggest that the Wii may cost around $400 in NZ EB have tidied up their stores and the GC is no longer in a messy pile at the back but on an opposite wall to the PS2 gear. Xbox 360 is also at the front. I believe that stores are realizing that Nintendo isn't a write off after all. Whats next - TV adverts. I'll fall over when that happens. More news as it comes to hand.

NOE are really poor; they only get they're fingers out their asses 1/2 way for only the big/main of European Countries. (Germany, France, UK etc)

At least NOE seem to be trying really hard with advertising the DS.

Australia/NZ is notorious for how crap Nintendo are doing there. Perhaps it will all change with wii?...Probably not.

Sign in to follow this