NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Australian Wii Preorder

The Australian (got it right this time!) retail chain Myer has a very nice deal going on, in which you can preorder a Wii and get yourself AUD $600 worth of coupons for the store. Not too shabby if I say so myself!

SOURCE: gonintendo.com

wiiaus.JPG

I believe that $600 in coupons is probably 30 vouchers saying:

"Buy 2 wii games, get $20 off your next one!!!"

I might go into Myer in Melbourne CBD soon, and see what the deal is exactly.

man i have been checking this out everywhere and i saw that one today! u should see the posters they have up in some EB games stores!!!! :)

'Stor'

'Loo'

'Life-consu'

I'm betting the vouchers are for completely unrelated items. 'Buy a baby car seat for $80, get $10 off'.

For that money in euros you can get a premium 360, what the hell :woops:

went into myer today and got a pamphlet which has a reservation code on it.. sorry, dont have a scanner.. but in short it says:

1. present preorder card to staff member 5 days before release date

2. buy a $40 myer gift card to go towards the purchase of your wii

3. wii release date to be advised.

the other side of the paper tells how wonderful the wii is.

i asked the dude behind the counter what the '$600 in discounts on nintendo wii and electrical products' means, and he said that basically, itll be a stack of coupons, with, specific discounts. apparantly they did something like it for the psp release as well.

what the specificness means, is that you may get a coupon for a game that is 3 months away, or coupons that can only be used in February.. or somehtin like that.

In actual fact, including vouchers like this - perhaps £$X off your next game, is a fantastic initiative. It'll only be a minimal amount.

You'd be lucky enough to get scrap! So count your blessings! *This is to the creator of this thread*.

You'd be lucky enough to get scrap! So count your blessings! *This is to the creator of this thread*.

i just want to note, that i do not wish to be associated with Josh40 whatsoever. i do not spam, nor do i make up bullshit posts. And i DO hope that people treat my posts with a certain degree of respect, even if my opinion is a bit warped...

anyway as things stand, Myer arent impressing me with their deal. i will continue to shop around for a better deal. especially one that doesnt require my preorder to be in a mere 5 days before release!

Josh40: Cut it out. Don't be too surprised if you find that you're banned from these forums pretty soon.

today decided to go shopping around the local stores, see what sort of deals would be offered. .. thus far:

toys r us - that free game deal. although the pamphlet doesnt say 'which game', but dude behind the counter reckoned it was a launch game of choice. though i personally also think he had no idea what he was talking about. the game offered could easily be a gamecube game.

myer - (see above)

jb hifi - nothing as of yet

eb games - will match anything that otehr companies do (and are also skeptical of the toysrus deal).

something VERY nice that i did see in toys r us though, was a tv set playing a dvd of wii-related-goodness (with an ign tag in the corner...).

the first thing i saw on it was the smash bros brawl trailer, and then it went on to have the little 'i' things jumping around, and then the video with all the people doing different stuff with the wiimote.

am loving this advertising thing!

toys r us - that free game deal. although the pamphlet doesnt say 'which game', but dude behind the counter reckoned it was a launch game of choice. though i personally also think he had no idea what he was talking about. the game offered could easily be a gamecube game.

myer - (see above)

jb hifi - nothing as of yet

eb games - will match anything that otehr companies do (and are also skeptical of the toysrus deal).

ok. today i got onto the toysrus head office in australia. which was quite amusing to say the least.

the first person told me they had little information on the free game, i then told her my dilemma (it could be a VC game, or a gamecube one) and so she put me onto her boss!

so anyway, the boss in turn didnt know too much about it... and then put me onto someone higher up again! awesome!

anyway. this guy actually knew what he was talking about (he a nintendo fan) and he basically told me:

1) toys r us love nintendo, and will always offer the best deals where nintendo is concerned.

2) the free game WILL be a launch title

3) not sure which one as of yet, or whether we get a choice.

4) electronics boutique employees are a bunch of whiners.

5) stay tuned! as soon as we get launch info, we will be able to know what is happening EXACTLY with the 'free game' deal.

this basically puts to rest any fears of getting anything stupid with this deal.

hey guys! look what i snapped at EB games today!

Photo-0061.jpg

I really like the look they are going for, not really childish either.

For that money in euros you can get a premium 360, what the hell :woops:

Obviously they'll be deals lie...

"$5 of a Wii game"

"Buy 3 bog rolls and get 1 free"

They're not after much for their trade-in deal, are they! :shock:

nah not at all, same for the ps3, on the ps3 poster it has ONLY 699!!!! *when u trade in a xbox or ps2 with 25 games. mind you in australia the premium playstation will be $999 and the base model will be $899. hopefully the Wii will be no more than 350 to 400 max.

nah not at all, same for the ps3, on the ps3 poster it has ONLY 699!!!! *when u trade in a xbox or ps2 with 25 games. mind you in australia the premium playstation will be $999 and the base model will be $899. hopefully the Wii will be no more than 350 to 400 max.

If it's anymore than $329, they can say goodbye to my purchase. I'll import. Not going to be paying with arms and legs this time around.

If Nintendo wants my custom, they can respect my wallet. US$250 translates to around AU$325.

And if, IF their games are in line with PS3/Xbox 360 game prices over here (would not be surprised), NAL can fold for all I care.

Another thing I observed in my EB store was the positioning of that poster. It's below the PS3 one which makes me think it's at eye level for kids whereas the higher PS3 poster is for adults.

I'm probably reading far too much into that though.

how much was the gamecube when it was released in australia $299 or $399 ? i dont care to much about the console price as long as its under $400. its the games that hurt the wallet $100 for a game is just a bit much actualy anything over $80 is really pushing it.

Another thing I observed in my EB store was the positioning of that poster. It's below the PS3 one which makes me think it's at eye level for kids whereas the higher PS3 poster is for adults.

I'm probably reading far too much into that though.

thats really interesting coz at my local EB its positioned ABOVE the ps3 poster. TAKE THAT SONY!!!

Sign in to follow this