NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Sonic Gems....Who Got It?

Just wondering if anyone else picked this game up? I bought it purely for Sonic CD and Sonic R ( saves me getting my saturn out ). I have been playing Sonic Fighters this morning and im not suprised it didnt get a release on a console as its extremly shoddy. Its amazing how bad the game is when compared to the majesty of Smash Bros series. Also we didnt get Streets of Rage either we got Vectorman. Still there is lots to unlock on it so it should keep me going for a while.

Im a big Sonic fan but this is one big middle finger to PAL gamers.

- No Localisation at all (US Manuals - PRINCESS SALLY, US Console Names - SEGA CD?, US Art on the Box)

- US Sonic CD Soundtrack, which wasn't the original here. Thus to everyone who isnt online or knows about the change in America who played it back 'in the day' will be totally confused - this is pathetic.

- No 60Hz Mode, Sonic CD runs slowly - Fighters has massive borders and Sonic R has stupid slowdowns.

I'm tempted to sell it and import the Japanese Version - at the very least getting the original Soundtrack and 60Hz mode, I wasnt that fussed about SoR not being there (they warrant their own collection really) but they are good games.

i got and i like it,ive got 6 emeralds in Sonic R,and i dont quite understand Sonic CD but i like,i went out in the pelting rain yesterday to get it :D

Its true we did get screwed over with this but it was only 15 pounds and I knew about most the "problems" anyway before I bought it. The only thing that annoys me is the stupid US song for Sonic CD as the Jap version is far superior. I have Sonic Jam on the saturn and it has the intro and ending for sonic cd on their with the japanese music and its so much better.

Its true we did get screwed over with this but it was only 15 pounds and I knew about most the "problems" anyway before I bought it. The only thing that annoys me is the stupid US song for Sonic CD as the Jap version is far superior. I have Sonic Jam on the saturn and it has the intro and ending for sonic cd on their with the japanese music and its so much better.

Yeah that's pretty much me too. What I didn't expect though, and what's actually upset me more than the US soundtrack for Sonic CD, is the lack of a 60hz mode. I know most times the PS2 doesn't get one but still, it's a Cube I have, and I expect a 60hz option. Had I known there would be no option, I wouldn't have bought Gems.

I don't mind the US intro track for SCD in truth. It's just as much fun as Toot Toot Sonic Warrior, though the inclusion of an option to choose would again have been nice. Isn't the US track still very actually a Japanese created song? If not it still sounds very J-pop doesn't it?

Actually the package overall feels very rushed, and I'm very disappointed. If you're thinking of getting it I would advise against it. The god is in the details I'm afraid, and here it looks like he was taking a day off!

I bought it yesterday too, cant say im pleased, cant say im that dissapointed either. I bought it mainly for the fact it had Sonic r, cd and fighters. Its alrite, not bad, but not great either. Sonic CD plays like a charm for me.

Sega didnt do any favours for themselves by including streets of rage, and I already knew the soundtrack situation, they simply wernt allowed to put any of the japanese tracks on it.

I just finished it today. I unlocked everything within 24 hours so it aint that great. Also Sonic CD is one of the overly hyped games I have ever played. People always kept telling me that it was amazing and the best of the 2d series. It is extremely short and doesnt even touch Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles.

I'm still plannnin on gettin it when i sorted out my debts in bout 2 months. Only really want to play on Sonic CD, Fighters and Sonic R