NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

No Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for PS3

Late Saturday, a number of German SmackDown fans had noticed that the PlayStation 3 logo and game tab had been removed from the official WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 website for both the North American and German-language versions (though it had remained intact on the UK web-space). Talk on THQ's official German forum began to discuss the issue at a quickening pace, to the point where THQ's own Max Stellar addressed the issue in the primary thread:

"The backdrop for this is that the PlayStation version was going to be finished substantially later than the other versions," Stellar said. "The development team would rather concentrate its resources on the other three platforms."

However, early this morning, THQ's European offices issue an official statement and corroborated both Stellar's statements and PS3 wrestling fan's concerns:

"The next installment in our perennial SmackDown franchise is slated for release across multiple game systems this holiday," the statement began. "The highly anticipated WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 is scheduled to ship for Xbox 360, PSP and PlayStation 2 in November. Consistent with our goal of delivering the highest quality content across all next-gen platforms, we have decided to postpone the debut of the SmackDown series on PlayStation 3 until the holiday 2007 timeframe."

Source: IGN

I am VERY surprised at this. A few days ago, IGN were even doing a preview of this game and how it has been updated. Shocking stuff.

lawl.

All the more reason to get it on the 360, this is great news.

I just simply cannot wait!!!

Wait..has smackdown versus raw 07 been delayed for PS3 until next year? Because that would make no sense releasing 07 when 08 should be released.

OR are they starting with Smackdown versus raw 08 next year instead of releasing 07 on it?

another exclusive gone :) will have to get a 360 around xmas more and more games i want are coming

Wait..has smackdown versus raw 07 been delayed for PS3 until next year? Because that would make no sense releasing 07 when 08 should be released.

OR are they starting with Smackdown versus raw 08 next year instead of releasing 07 on it?

I think they're going to make the 08 version the first version that hits the PS3.

But yeah, certainly not good news for PS3 owners who happen to be wrestling fans.

What made me wonder though, is the fact that IGN did a preview of this a few days ago. And why will the PS3 version take substanially longer than the 360 version? I thought the PS3 version was coming along nicely, judging from impressions and previews over the last few months.

Hmm maybe it was the time needed for the PS3 development, although fans would of accepted it to be a little later than the the xbox 360 version, it may of required a significant amount of time more.

Just a guess.

I think they're going to make the 08 version the first version that hits the PS3.

But yeah, certainly not good news for PS3 owners who happen to be wrestling fans.

What made me wonder though, is the fact that IGN did a preview of this a few days ago. And why will the PS3 version take substanially longer than the 360 version? I thought the PS3 version was coming along nicely, judging from impressions and previews over the last few months.

All the screenshots were taken from the 360 build of the game. There wasn't any PS3 specific game information announced at all. This will be a hit on XBL when it's released.

Lets just hope they can make the online matches decent. Wrestlemania on the XBOX was a joke and the smackdown games online were never that impressive. Still, if The Rock is an unlockable legend im sold.

All the screenshots were taken from the 360 build of the game. There wasn't any PS3 specific game information announced at all. This will be a hit on XBL when it's released.

Ahhh, you see, i got confused by that and my first post. If you head over to IGN, they've got a preview of it in the PS3 section. I think what they've done is used the same preview, but just added it to the PS3 section as well.

Therefore, what should be a preview for the PS3 version of this game was just another copy of the 360 version. I originally suspected this, but i still thought the PS3 version was coming along fine.

2008 is coming out instead next year for it. It was talked about on Gamespot, on the Hotspot show.

This has got to be a major blow for PS3. I mean it's not the biggest seller in the world but it's not a shit seller and would shift units espeically in America.

Smack vs raw 2006 got number 1 in all formats chart when that came out didnt it. never underestimate the fan base of WWE in UK theres a alot that watch it here..and that would buy the game of course

This is great news for 360 owner's!

I can see myself buying this game around christmas time "IF" they can pull off Online right this time. I couldn't handle another Wrestlemania game :horse: .

I used to love wrestling games.during the early smackdown game days i used to come up with lots of different ways of making the game better.the original smackdown vs raw was perfect but i fell out of them for some reason.i still buy them but don't play them as much.These are the only games that will beat monkey ball and mashed for the muliplayer crown

Sign in to follow this