NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Best way to dowload songs?

I have a Zen Micro-photo, but I dont have a clue as to how best download songs onto it. At the moment I'm just resorting to buying the CD's and ripping them. However this costs quite a lot and i hear that limewire is a way of free dowloading songs without being charged, but to me sounds complicated and I'm not sure it works with the Zen.

With the MP3 player I have, what is the best way to download songs for less money. The included CD ?

Im stuck please help!

Limewire is shit, virus riddled, and illegal. This thread is sure to be locked.

For a legal solution, try itunes, http://www.apple.com/itunes

They have an inbuilt online store for downloading music, special offers all the time.

P2P sharing via something like Limewire as you've suggested is downright illegal :)

Limewire is only illegal if you download the illegal music, videos etc.

Some people now use torrents but that illegal too. I suggest what shorty said, itunes lets you download music for a small fee and its legal!

HEY! I wasnt to know if it was legal or not, i was just told its legal by a few people who used it. Sorry for being wrong.

Also, I talked about itunes but i said it isnt compatible with my MP3. I know its legal! Im looking for a legal way! Im not a criminal, this is insulting...

If anyone has knowledge of this MP3 player and using the software included id like to know because im not sure how to use it yet. Ive resorted to CD ripping but there must be a cheaper way, but not I-tunes. Thanks

iTunes wont work with that MP3 player.

iTunes just downloads regular MP3s doesn't it? You can put them on any player. Of course, you can't transfer them over using the app itself, but I'm fairly sure you can use them for anything once you have them.

iTunes download mp4's doesnt it?

Not all mp3 players can also play mp4s.

It's this reason alone that means I will stick with my iPod forever. iTunes and iPod work together perfectly and make everything simple. I don't care if people think Creative stuff is better, you wont find anything as easy as iPod and iTunes.

I personally think that iPods are overpriced, crappy and break easily

I personally think that iPods are overpriced, crappy and break easily

Personally I'd disagree, I've had my iPod 7 months no problems. My brother has had his over a year no problem.

What I do hate about iPods is that crap ideal that people have because they're popular. Its not like other electronic products break now is it :-\.

Because I have an iPod I'd say iTunes was the best and easiest. As for a different mp3 player I can't suggest anything I only use iTunes.

iTunes just downloads regular MP3s doesn't it? You can put them on any player. Of course, you can't transfer them over using the app itself, but I'm fairly sure you can use them for anything once you have them.

iTunes offers some DRM'd variant mp4/m4a thing. King Boo, you can to burn them to CD and then then rip as mp3 to get them on a Zen. That's very easy and most people won't notice the quality loss, especially if you rip at a high bitrate.

Overall though, buying the CD from an online store like amazon or play is pretty cheap. Sometimes the same sort of price as iTunes for a whole CD. Plus you get the full quality and the hard product.

I believe that Tesco offer a reasonable music download service.

(By the way, ripping from your own CDs is illegal too!)

Personally I'd disagree, I've had my iPod 7 months no problems. My brother has had his over a year no problem.

What I do hate about iPods is that crap ideal that people have because they're popular. Its not like other electronic products break now is it :-\.

Because I have an iPod I'd say iTunes was the best and easiest. As for a different mp3 player I can't suggest anything I only use iTunes.

I agree. My iPod had a small problem with the hold button not working properly, but I was sent a replacement within 3 days of sending it off. Apple are expensive but I think they offer good quality. Couple of years and I will buy another iPod.

(By the way, ripping from your own CDs is illegal too!)

Listening to someone else's radio in the car is illegal too :heh:

iTunes uses a protected AAC file, which will only play on iPods.

Its not that, more that there are such better things on the market. Its like buying a PS2 when you could buy an XBOX or GameCube. The fact is, for the price its simply not worth it.

iTunes for PC is riddled with problems, memory leaks and bugs. It works great on a Mac, but its purposly done terrible to make people go buy a Mac.

Well, strictly speaking, iTunes offers music files encoded with their AAC codec in an mp4-type container, typically m4p.

iPODs and iTunes just annoy me, its a weird techno fashion trend. i have a zen micro photo too and i just use various sites found on WMP. or if i need a son i cant find anywhere else i try iTunes and then if its in AAC or whatever i convert it to mp3.

It's interesting, ripping music is illegal, yet Windows Media, probably the most uaed media player, has a rip function..

You could probably say it's legal to rip your CDs to store them for backup purposes. If you happen to use an mp3 player as storage and then "accidentally" listen to the songs... erm, nevermind.

I have a create Zen.... ive tried iTunes before but its crap. Wont let you put them on anything but an iPod..what you have to do is burn them to CD then rip them back to your PC then you can put them on your zen.. meh sod that.

I do buy a lot of CD's have over 200 odd...play.com must love me. So when i buy a CD i usually put it straight on my computer and then onto my ZEN. Other than that i use artists website's to get songs and erm some other avenues like mates who have stuff i dont.. they send me :o)

Sign in to follow this