NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshiking

Drawings (56k warning)

Eenuh, your drawings rock!!! Especailly the Alice ones!

Does anyone have any experience with tablets cos I'm looking to get one. I don't really like scanning my drawings on to the computer cos it makes them tricky to spruce up. Any one have any advice on a good/cheap one? Or even if they are useful at all!?

Eenuh, your drawings rock!!! Especailly the Alice ones!

Does anyone have any experience with tablets cos I'm looking to get one. I don't really like scanning my drawings on to the computer cos it makes them tricky to spruce up. Any one have any advice on a good/cheap one? Or even if they are useful at all!?

Thanks for the compliment. =3

And I have a tablet (well, two, but one is old). You can get some fairly cheap ones or some that are a bit more expensive, depending on the quality or size of the thing. I've been using Wacom tablets and love them (we also have them in our school). You can buy a small sized one for a decent prize (A6 or A5) in the Graphire series. Not sure about the other series, but I think Intuos is the more expensive one.

Anyway, you can check out their site here: http://www.wacom.com/

And I think they are very useful; they can speed up your drawing time compared to using a mouse, plus I find it a lot more natural to hold the pen to draw than to be holding a mouse. Keep in mind though that a lot of people need time to get used to this, cause it's pretty different from using a mouse.

Hope that helps. =3

Awesome, thats a lot of help. I'm thinking of getting this model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Graphire4-Classic-Tablet-Pen/dp/B000BD86YI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/203-2804250-3832746?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1180788442&sr=8-2

Know if it any good? It has pretty good user reviews so it sounds solid.

I'm gonna go round to PC World and check out if they have any!

Thanks for your help!!!

I'm pretty sure it's a good one. Seems to be the newer version of the one I had, which I think was a Graphire 2. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with a Wacom tablet. Everyone I know who has one has been extremely happy with it. =3

And you're very welcome. =D

Awesome, thats a lot of help. I'm thinking of getting this model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Graphire4-Classic-Tablet-Pen/dp/B000BD86YI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/203-2804250-3832746?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1180788442&sr=8-2

Know if it any good? It has pretty good user reviews so it sounds solid.

I'm gonna go round to PC World and check out if they have any!

Thanks for your help!!!

Thats the model I have! I only have good things to say about it :)

Thanks you guys, I just ordered it! I found it for £51.95...I hope that's a good price. I saw it at PC World for about £75 so at least I didn't pay as much as that!

Some brilliant drawings on here, ive just got back into drawing and am trying my hand at Manga but am having a real trouble with the heads/faces. Heres an example:

manga1.jpg

Nice drawing Happenstance. I really like the clothing and the folds in them.

For the face, the head itself seems a bit small for the body, so trying to make it bigger would already make it look better I think. Also, the ears seem to be placed a bit too high on his head, so you might wanna lower them a tiny bit.

When you find you're having trouble with certain things, it always helps to look up references to see how other people handle it. Doesn't mean you have to copy it, but it never hurts to check out the work from other people. =3

Keep it up! =D

I got another drawing myself, though since it's a bit too big to get the original sized one on Photobucket, I'll just link to my DA one. ='3

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56701757/

I finally got a deviantART account up. I haven't uploaded much but if anyone wants they can check it out and tell me what you think...

http://daftvice.deviantart.com/

I hope you like! : peace:

I've only got a couple of my sketches on it at the moment...and I'm not really sure if I'm happy with how I've scanned them in!

EDIT: Holy moo! Someone made a positive comment on one of my deviantART things. Thats made my day!

Here is a little somethng I added earlier, I know its not a drawing but its colourful! :heh:

Tokyo_Lights_by_DaftVice.jpg

Wow that's awesome daft, I'm adding you in DA.

Thanks very much! : peace:

Tell me what you think of the others, I need some objective comments.

Deviant Art won't let me create an account :(.

How come? What does it say?

Sign in to follow this