NEurope
demonmike04

Hidden Wii Pages (Friend codes confirmed)

We already knew that, we just don't know if it's universal or not.

Great find. It should be noted, though, that the friend code system may still be a universal friend code this time around rather than different codes for each game. I believe one of the Nintendo gods had previously used the words "friend code" in conjunction with the Wii console, so it isn't too surprising.

I think the "Wii Party" link is the most interesting find. Either they are going to release Wii Music as a game or they are releasing Wii Party. Personally I think it would be cool to see a Mario Party type of game with a Smash Bros. cast of characters, complete with unlockable characters. I realize that Mario Party has gotten very stale over the years, but it has consistently sold well and the Wiimote and a completely overhauled cast (and gameboards from Hyrule etc.) would definitely breathe new life into the series. Perhaps the name Wii Party is to let everyone know that this version is going to be different than the past iterations.

i hope wii party is the new mario party it would be really good we will party for sure.

Im sure Wii music (or party) is the music compilation (Remember, they had drums at E3 too) so this could be a very popular title.

Yes, I would prefer a universal wii friend code and username. That way you don't have to keep typing in the codes of your friends each and everytime, in what would probably be a slower format of doing so than on the ds.

Nintendo can't do seperate friend codes. One code is complicated enough. You can't give a console three letters in the name and then expect your players to remember 12 digit codes for each game they have.

I hope we won't have to use Friends code with every game. If a game like Phantasy Star Universe came out on the Wii, Friends codes would ruin it.

It just gives me a error page each and everytime.

Nintendo have taken it off for some unknown reason?

Not for me, and its not loading from memory either according to the loading bar.

Can you put up quotes?

Wifi page (Only page with text)

Be connected

From your living room to the world, the Wi-Fi capabilities of Wii let you play games with friends and family around the world. If you have a wireless broadband connection, Wii is ready to connect right out of the box, and best of all its free to connect with Nintendo Wi-Fi connection and to take on all comers!

How it works

The ability to play games online is built into Wii. All you need is a broadband Internet connection and a wireless router. After you follow an intuitive setup process, you'll be ready to play games online in no time.

Free

Nintendo does not charge a fee for people to play via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's online service. Just put a game into the system and connect. Soon you'll play against your friends around the world!

Fun

Join the Nintendo worldwide community! Play the coolest titles around with gamers from around the world via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Whether you're thrashing with your friends in Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam or hammering the competition in Smash Bros. Dojo(Huh? I thought it was Smash Bros Brawl), Wii opens up a world of fun through online play!

Safe

Nintendo has your online safety in mind. Thanks to our unique Friend Code system, you can control whom you play with online. Playing online is a great way to connect and reconnect people you want to play games with!

That page was a bitch to copy and paste... And it seems to only be working on my AOL browser..i guess it is stored in my computers memory.

Also, the images off the page.. (Thought i'd include them)

fea_wifi_main.jpg

fea_wifi_main2.jpg

ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/

^ NoE Wii page

Seems to be the same as NoAs, but the NoE has a area to sign up for a newsletter and Super Smash Bros Brawl has a info box instead of just a link to the official site.

The pages give me 404 errors. I would fucking hate Nintendo for the Friend Code system. Why can't they just have both? A username+password for adults and the FC system for kids.

I'm glad they are going for the same system as the DS, miles better than the CS:S system.

Do you mean the Steam Friends system? ...what is there not to like about it (at least now that it's actually up and running again)?

I'd much prefer an Xbox Live Friends-type setup than having a Friends code for every single online-enabled Wii game I buy and have to hand that code out to all my Wii-owning friends on the chance that they get the game. Much better to have an online Wii profile and Friends list, and then be able to see which friends are online and what they are playing. Then go "Oh Dave is playing Smash Bros", stick in the Smash Bros disc and go play with him.

I may have misunderstood your comment though, apologies if I was actually agreeing with you or something :P