NEurope
demonmike04

Hidden Wii Pages (Friend codes confirmed)

I'm one of the minority who actually doesn't mind the friend code system we have currently. Then again, i am always arrange matches and stuff before we play, so i'm never one of these "ooo, bob is playing this game" people.

I think, for argument's sake, Nintendo will probably implement the universal code system. Contrary to what many people think or believe, Nintendo are changing their attitude to online gaming.

With Mario Kart DS, we got the first Nintendo DS title to go online.

With Metroid Prime Hunters, they chucked out the rubbish way you meet up with people online and added a lobby system. They also added before and after match chat.

A great difference between these 2 titles.

Because i love you guys, i actually bothered to do this. No cropping too, you get to see the full goodness of AOL and my distinct lack of interesting people on msn.

wiiwifi1ak8.png

wiiwifi2pr6.png

Because i love you guys, i actually bothered to do this. No cropping too, you get to see the full goodness of AOL and my distinct lack of interesting people on msn.

Hey when you say "my distinct lack of interesting people on msn" i hope you where saying that because i wasnt online :wink:

Anyway... yeah it seems Nintendo are gearing up for launch already... either that or they are just updating the site.

Or, you can see the exact same page here:

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?s...fi.html&l=enGB

Without having to look at screenshots of "The Worst Browser Ever"

You kids these days and your windows live messenger...

Anyway, I really hope we get universal friend codes... really hope.

Maybe the site is due for an update. The online system is still in the works so anything is possible. I hope for universal friend codes that we dont have to see or use. The Console and online service should do it automatically somehow when you add a person.

That patent for an instant messenger type of online service may solve these problems for Nintendo. We will just have to wait and see...

Oh! i missed the post about it being on the europe page..

And maybe cube_game =P

Im hoping for universal codes too, but whats wrong with live messenger jordan? You can nickname people and chances are they'l never know =O

Oh! i missed the post about it being on the europe page..

And maybe cube_game =P

Im hoping for universal codes too, but whats wrong with live messenger jordan? You can nickname people and chances are they'l never know =O

He will tell you, you can do that on trillian.

I just use WLM because im used to the interface, and i like the msgplus plugins, now all i need is stuffplugin and im sorted.

This is the wrong choice. Though you will get a safe online experience, you will also get a more complicated and less enjoyable online experience.

Change it now Nintendo.

You have to remember, Nintendo is trying to make online gaming accessible and free. Although XBox Live is far greater, it is also more complicated and less able minded gamers (those of which Nintendo will be increasingly gathering as a fan base) don't know how to set it up. Really.

The free thing though i feel is the main factor, the limited options and simplicity of it all inevitably makes it free so, dont complain.

I'm all for simplicity in gaming, but I think those of us who wish to play online should get a good service that doesn't involve a seperate Friends code for every game we buy. I really hope Nintendo doesn't do that for the Wii - Xbox live has shown that a centralised system can be very effective and easy to use.

You have to remember, Nintendo is trying to make online gaming accessible and free. Although XBox Live is far greater, it is also more complicated and less able minded gamers (those of which Nintendo will be increasingly gathering as a fan base) don't know how to set it up. Really.

The free thing though i feel is the main factor, the limited options and simplicity of it all inevitably makes it free so, dont complain.

Totally agree with you, but Universal friend codes would infact benefit every one, it makes it less complicated and can be remembered as if it were a phone number.

Indeed, for example I use Xfire for online PC gaming and you have just one account and can see what your contacts are playing. Xfire is of course free because it is ad-supported, but surely it wouldn't be hard for Nintendo to do something similar for free.

Indeed, for example I use Xfire for online PC gaming and you have just one account and can see what your contacts are playing. Xfire is of course free because it is ad-supported, but surely it wouldn't be hard for Nintendo to do something similar for free.

Yeah they need to do this and get meroid prime 3 online.

Yeah they need to do this and get meroid prime 3 online.

Yes, it would be better if they didn't use the Friend Code system of the NDS, but something more advanced.

But for the love of God, don't make MP3 online, concentrate on the singleplayer and it will hopefully be even better than MP1.

so i take it if everyone could have the one code for all games we'd all be very happy with the friend code system? and in keeping communication with strangers limited yeh? me too...

although here's something that hasn't been mentioned yet: remember it being reported last year that "revolution" (oh those days are so long ago!!) would include a parental control system for its games? how about if that same system was in place when going online? maybe then the adults in each house would be able to choose whether they wished to have direct communication with the people they meet online...? so then those who prefer the communication could have it? personally, i'm not sure if i'd activate it, don't fancy some stranger "f"-ing down my wii at me!

maybe each wii-mote will have a unique friend code (transferrable like you can with the ds to ds transferral), then you take your mote to a friends house and it logs you in as yourself my magic!

I hope with the Wii, even if you aren't playing a multiplayer game online it will still show you as online to your friends so they know you're playing a game at the time and can then send a message to you asking if you want to play something else.

Also, parental controls wont work at all. No one at all uses them onthe Xbox360, the majority of parents don't know a thing about gaming and don't even know they exist.

You can nickname people and chances are they'l never know =O

When I first used Trillian about 4 years ago you could do that :heh:

When I first used Trillian about 4 years ago you could do that :heh:

:( You sunk my battleship.