NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

GAME love Wii!!

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6306

That was it for me. Sold; hook, like and sinker. In that single moment I went from sceptic to believer, and found myself wanting the machine more than fruit-named puffy dress-wearing princesses long for short dumpy moustachioed plumbers in dungarees. I'm such a sucker for hype.

This is very good for Nintendo as we all know the power that GAME possess especially in the UK. GAME have often shunned the cube and to this day the cube shelf is tucked away at the back of the store. Sony have always taken the lionshare of shelf space, however this is mainly because they promote the most sucessful console. As net-generation approaches maybe I will see the Wii at the front of my GAME store. One thing is for certain I can't wait for a Wii and neither can GAME.(excuse the pun)

I noticed GAME like the wii on friday when i bought NSMB...posters up everywere about the Wii saying people should register their interest.

GAME's gone all Nintendo :P

Awesome stuff. If they can do something similar with other high street stores, such as HMV, it can only mean good things.

I think a couple more of these events can only help Nintendo... and they still sure do need help here in the UK!

A computer game shop, interested in something that will make them money, shocking.

A computer game shop, interested in something that will make them money, shocking.

Read it in the daily mail tomorrow.

GAME involved in a money making scandal.

true, but I never said it is surprising.

Read it in the daily mail tomorrow.

GAME involved in a money making scandal.

Hey, if it (for some reason) gets my regional manager fired. Im all for it.

Well considering the DS's success at in Europe at the moment, then surely retailers will assume the same is going to happen with the Wii because of new ways of playing and all that.

Currently since the DS Lite's release, DS's have been selling at a rate of 3-1 against PSP hardware through Virgin Megastore.

But yeh, of course Game are going to promote something that's going to make them money.

few years ago I took part in one of those focus group thingimawhoozits. It was that kind of function where a big medley of mixed corporate cahooneys and skint students all muddled....

it was at this point i stopped reading the article...

who the hell is this person???? dr seuss or something? i cant understand a word being said!!!!

Excellent news! Nintendo's domination is becoming more of a reality every minute.

LOL!

well if game do start to support the wii then i might begin to respect them again.

it was at this point i stopped reading the article...

who the hell is this person???? dr seuss or something? i cant understand a word being said!!!!

These are the people who tell me what to do -_-

Lets look at this from a buisness view.

PS3 costs sony a lot of money to make, this probably means that retailers will have quite a low profit per console sold when compared to Wii.

Also, it is very likely, due to the price, that Wii will sell more units.

So, higher profit per unit + more units sold = much more money.

It's likely that other retailers will do this, and will put Wii at the front of stores.

Awesome stuff. If they can do something similar with other high street stores, such as HMV, it can only mean good things.

lol here is ireland hmv are the worst for gaming.

they like to charge an extra 2 euro on platinium games thinking u cant notice.My favourite store is still xtravision.They have somegreat bargins.Game try to rip u off too

Lets look at this from a buisness view.

PS3 costs sony a lot of money to make, this probably means that retailers will have quite a low profit per console sold when compared to Wii.

Although the company only makes about £5 from a PS2, somewhere between £12-20 for a 360. So its more of a case of trying to get people to buy the hardware, so they can come and buy the software.

Or they could be looking at it like this; "Well the PS3 will sell itself really" (as they are fully aware of every "register your interest" that goes through the til. They know they will have no problem selling them) "So we'll promote the Wii to make sure that does well too."

Not really surprising every gamer i have spoke to is intrested in the wii and also casual gamers it is going to be a success i just hope developers put the right amount of effort to gain full potential of the controller to make fun and totally different games for the console.

Sign in to follow this