N-Europe

Last ever Malcom in the middle

Caris

I liked the first series, with the episode where Malcolm beats up a kid not knowing he was only 7-years old. The Hal beats up (you don't see it) a relative of the kid not knowing he was only 15. I found that funny.

But the show got predictable, Lois would shout, Malcolm would be annoying, and Hal did something stupid and funny. That's how it went. They ran out of ideas, like The Simpsons.

Why can't programme makers realise that the best way to end a programme would be early. When it's at its peak and before it runs out of ideas.

Seinfeld ended early, and it was better for it. I love that sitcom, it was never tainted with poor later episodes like so many other TV programs. :heh:

Seinfeld ended early, and it was better for it. I love that sitcom, it was never tainted with poor later episodes like so many other TV programs. :heh:

Comedy Programmes I like such as The Young Ones and The Office ended after just 2 series (Minus The Office Chrimbo Specials) because the show can end on a high without running out of ideas and finish with a bang rather than a whimper, and these two shows have massive followings (despite The Young Ones having been co-written by the now tasteless Ben Elton). Seinfeld ended early and I bet that Seinfeld still has a cult following.

Futurama: 4 seasons, 0 lame episodes.

That's another example.

Thought of 2 more: The Fast Show and Bottom - 3 series (except for The Last Fast Show Ever), still popular.

The Royle Family ended after 3 series in 2000 and we want more after 6 years. Thankfully they're making a couple more episodes.

Comedy Programmes I like such as The Young Ones and The Office ended after just 2 series (Minus The Office Chrimbo Specials) because the show can end on a high without running out of ideas and finish with a bang rather than a whimper, and these two shows have massive followings (despite The Young Ones having been co-written by the now tasteless Ben Elton). Seinfeld ended early and I bet that Seinfeld still has a cult following.

Bottom ended after 3 series. :( That could have gone on for at least 5, and still have been great. :(

Futurama: 4 seasons, 0 lame episodes.

It's making a come back!!!!!!! They're making 13 new episodes!! All of the watching the re-runs on Sky One paid off! :santa: :santa: :santa:

I didn't get to see the last malcom in the middle, but I know what the feeling is like. The Last Episode of Futurama was pretty weak, too. But as they say all good things come to an end. Which is why the simpsons is still going.