NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Care to explain why it can't be an exclusive storyline?

Ressie 4 has a lot of fans in the Nintendo fanbase. There's enough popularity to pull off an exclusive game with a brand new story.

seems unlikely after how poorly re 4 did on gamecube

and i think they will use wii as a test bed first which means a port or whatever before jumping in on a brand new game...could be a brand new gun survivor though

RE4 was the most selling third party title on GameCube ever if my memory serves me correctly. Capcom has a gold franchise for Nintendo consoles, and they'll not rip us off with a remake. That'd mean they'd be begging for poor sales.

Sorry for not reading through the whole 5 pages but what exactly is the date when the new issue comes out with RE Wii news?

Thanks alot

A whole 5 pages of speculation!

Yuhuh :P

And its August 8th (issue of ONM with the info).

Poorly!???? On GameCube??? Are you crazy man? RE4 sold very very good! That's why Capcom continues to support Nintendo: RE for DS, RE for Wii and we don't know for the future. RE5 isn't sure that it will not be ported to Wii. And don't write these ignorant and irrespective comments.

I've got a horrible, horrible, feeling that the "exclusive" info ONM has on REwii isn't as nearly exciting or as revealing as we all hope. Remember their first issue Zelda "blowout"?

I've got a horrible, horrible, feeling that the "exclusive" info ONM has on REwii isn't as nearly exciting or as revealing as we all hope. Remember their first issue Zelda "blowout"?

I'm also expecting it to be a huge anti-climax. But, you never know.

Here are RE4 sales numbers for GameCube (as of September 2005):

Resident Evil 4 [GC] 1,250 units sold

(BTW, another more recent source places the GC RE4 numbers at 1,412,000 sold worldwide )

Presently, Capcom has placed the GC version of RE4 on it's platinum titles list (those that sold at least a million units).

According to a recent news story, Capcom has shipped 3 million copies of RE4.

BTW, every exclusive GC RE game sold at least a million units.

RE-make [GC] 1,240 units sold (sept. 2005 numbers)

Resident Evil 0 [GC] 1,190 units sold (sept. 2005 numbers)

So far the best selling RE game on the Playstation 2 was Resident Evil Code Veronica X (with 1,320 units sold). I dunnot know how many units the PS2 version of RE4 has sold. But I believe it has also sold at least more than a million already.

Considering that no RE title has sold more than 2 million units since 1999 (Resident Evil 3 Nemesis for PSOne), the current numbers only show that the series has sold reasonably well on GC and PS2. Considering the series is not as big as it once was.

:geek:

I'm not making it up..poorly was exaggerated but it only did good not brilliant.

Well, you gotta admit that there is a big differance between "it did poorly" and "it did good".

:laughing:

I'm also expecting it to be a huge anti-climax. But, you never know.

Maybe it's Resident Evil 2 for the DS (although I wouldn't mind that). Did the magazine actually say it's for the Wii?

Maybe it's Resident Evil 2 for the DS (although I wouldn't mind that). Did the magazine actually say it's for the Wii?

There is no talk at all about another RE for the DS at the moment. Except for those rumors that were published at Cube3.

Excerpt: "There was originally talk of a Resident Evil Collection on the Wii, using RE4's game engine, as well as a remake of Resident Evil 2 on the DS. However, it now appears that both of those pieces of information are false..."

It seems that the only RE game in the works for a Nintendo system is for the Wii.

Official UK Nintendo magazine has no RE Wii info at all even though they implied they had an exclusive.

Here is their pathetic excuse straight from them at their official site.

Truth is, we could have used anything there, it wasn't meant to be identified as Leon or anything like that, it was just meant to be a shadow.

We could have easily put Mario or Link or Gareth Southgate there, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

Put yourself in our shoes - would you have put in a silhouette from the actual game you were on about? Of course not - if someone worked it out we'd be eaten alive by the developers for giving it away.

It could have been anything there, you're reading too much into it.

What the said in the last issue was;

Be sure to get the next copy of Official Nintendo Magazine UK as it contains exclusive information on Resident Evil Wii.

It states, in the september issue that they 'had' exclusive information on this upcoming exclusive for the Wii, but it didnt turn up in time for the printing process. It says the news will be with us next month. [it doesnt actually say what game it means but it says "Here's a clue" and there is a silhouette of what is easily noticed as Leon Kennedy].

Which means they have lied to sell more magazines.

Well...that's a wrap, folks. Who here was honestly expecting ONM to come up with the goods anyway?

Well...that's a wrap, folks. Who here was honestly expecting ONM to come up with the goods anyway?

This post on onm fourm sums it up for me Fierce_LiNk. :blank:

Wow, this magazine is just a huge fraud isnt it. So you enjoy blantenly LYING just to sell magazines. You clearly stated you had an exclusive and put a picture of Leon on PURPOSE, to imply it was RE Wii.

Whats more sad is your pathetic excuses. You act like no one would assume that you meant a Resident Evil Wii. Well unless you guys were living in a cave for the past month, you KNEW every single gaming website was reporting that ONM had a Resident Evil Wii exclusive next month. I love how you guys were perfectly ok with everyone saying you had an exclusive for the entire month just to hype the magazine, but ONLY NOW when the magazine is being released do you go into damage control. What a coincidence.

You knew everyone though a RE Wii exclusive was in your magazine for an entire month AND YOU DID NOTHING. Congrats on lying to your readers.

What fucktards, why did no one follow my advice? I gave up after issue one.

Holy crap, what user wrote that Dante? I came. I bet its locked now, but im gonna go check.

I really hope that people stop buying it after this.

Can you post the link to that thread please, Dante?

Ok i've been reading around and this isnt ONM's fault.

I happend to buy issue 06, but for the sonic decal. It did not claim it was going to be in the next issue which is totally true, but the fact they linked the story with a half ass 'mysterious' picture makes readers assume.

Moria, read through the locked threads on the 'The Magazine' board at ONM, theres not many, but you should find some pretty good posts by the GoNintendo owner.

Yeah, I've found it. I still think ONM were trying to make people think it was coming in the next issue and that they new what they were doing though.

Its deception, its blatant they were using it. I do think there innocent on the text part, but the picture gains the article attention the reader quickly scans through it. The picture gets the reader excited, checks to confirm there idea's, not reading the rest of the page. Its common sense.

You call that poor sales? Poor? WTF? The best game of all time, Chrono Trigger sold about 3 million worldwide aswell. It's a bloody great amount.

Anyway, I completed Resi 4 on professional again, I now have an exclusive Blacktail, and Exclusive Striker, a Maxed out Killer 7 and an Infinite Launcher :santa:. Starting it again with those weapons...daaaamn, this is gonna be fun...