N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

Basically every main level within a chapter is co-operable. Basically just press A on the 2nd remote when selecting characters (or before) and there you have 2 player. Co-op is a lot more fun but you don't get as good grades.

I think I heard somewhere that all of the Wesker missions were 2 player if you completed the game with all S-ranks but I'm not sure. You do get golden weapons for doing this though, and infinite ammo.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, quite a hard choice there. Personally, I'd go for Resident Evil: UC. It's bigger, deeper, creepier and, superficially, looks better. And it has Wesker. :awesome:

On the other hand, HotD is pure arcade joy, so it's faster, more adrenaline-driven, slightly more responsive and you don't have to worry about dying too much (unlimited credits ahoy!). The games are a decade and half a decade old, mind.

Both have cheesy voice-acting, but HotD eats UR like a double cheese Jill-sandwich!

Hmm, quite a hard choice there. Personally, I'd go for Resident Evil: UC. It's bigger, deeper, creepier and, superficially, looks better. And it has Wesker. :awesome:

On the other hand, HotD is pure arcade joy, so it's faster, more adrenaline-driven, slightly more responsive and you don't have to worry about dying too much (unlimited credits ahoy!). The games are a decade and half a decade old, mind.

Both have cheesy voice-acting, but HotD eats UR like a double cheese Jill-sandwich!

haha thanks cookie , hmm i did have h2 on the dreamcast and loved it , but i dont remember unlimited credits, i remember starting over and over with my friend all the time as we could never get past the bit where they are about to enter the big evil corproation buiding and have to fight a huge flying thing.

Yes cheesy voice acting is a house of the dead speciallty its almost as if they are trying to make it bad :yay:

If anyone else has opinions on which one i should get id appreciate hearing them , thanks

Well I rate Umbrella Chronicles, I'll try to find a previous post from the thread.

I own UC however, and it's fun, challenging great with 2 player. If you're a fan or not it doesnt really matter because the unlockable stuff is cool regardless. Production values are high.

My only gripe with this is the length (and possibly some zombies take the piss).

I wouldn't say either of them are tense, there may be one or two bits that make you jump but apart from that pretty much nothing.

I would say that the presentation and the cut-scenes and levels are all classy though.

And as I said, there' something called a magnum revolver...

I wasn't actually asking which one sounds best, I have UC and know HotD very well; I was describing them and asking the guy who was asking which one sounded best, and then get that one :)

I think UC is tense, I don't mean jump out of your seat scary, but it sets up a great, tense atmosphere.

hmmm re uc is sounding like the one i want to get i think :heh:

Definetly, if you want to be a master of the game you should start on normal or easy and complete the game single player, and during that time you can just have a fun co-op bash. Me and my friend have critical hit competitions which is always fun, especially first level and raccoon levels where there is ample oppurtunity for this.

Guest Maase

D'oh!!! Can't find one file in the second level, i have everything S except that damn file.

But im going to find it, without help grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest Maase

lol, i needed a Walkthrough for the last file in the Second Chapter of the First Mission, i didn't resist :'(

Well, now im gonna try on Chapter 3 without a Walkthrough, i hope i don't use it again :P

What would be cool is that guys like you wouldn't speak their opinion.

Errrr...

Maybe I missed something, but with a comment like that, it seems that it suits you more than Shaggy. :hmm:

Anyhoo, back on topic: No More Heroes and Harvest Moon are taking up my time at the moment, but it strikes me that I still regulary pop in RE:UC more than other games. The only frustration I have is that weapon-switching is sometimes rather confusing. Sometimes I think I have the Samurai Edge equiped, and boom, there goes a rocket. But than again, it's also to do with me and my natural born clumsiness. :wink:

Errrr...

Maybe I missed something, but with a comment like that, it seems that it suits you more than Shaggy. :hmm:

You're right, I didn't sound very friendly there. What I meant was that if he wants a guide which shows the location of every item, he could just as well go rent a movie or something instead of wasting a lot of money on video games.

Oh dont worry buddy I have the game almost through.

But my bad that I use this forum to give out some ideas. Damn and I thought, thats what forums are for. :shakehead

Oh yeah by the way about the money, (ala Dave Chappelle) I am rich bitch! : peace: :yay:

• 4 weeks later...

i got this today for my birthday! Its great fun , and my mum loves it which is really good , :yay: its so great shes really enjoying the wii and we have regular sessions .

ANyway super dumb dumb twit of a question...how the heck do you get Critical Hits:confused: seriously i thought it would be killing an enemey in 1 shot i.e a head shot on a zombie , but on the rankings ive got 0 every time:wtf: what am i doing SOO wrong ,:wtf: ah well haha good fun anyway

i got this today for my birthday! Its great fun , and my mum loves it which is really good , :yay: its so great shes really enjoying the wii and we have regular sessions .

ANyway super dumb dumb twit of a question...how the heck do you get Critical Hits:confused: seriously i thought it would be killing an enemey in 1 shot i.e a head shot on a zombie , but on the rankings ive got 0 every time:wtf: what am i doing SOO wrong ,:wtf: ah well haha good fun anyway

The aiming reticule starts flashing red when you aim for the zombies' forheads.

Guest Maase

Only left to do is the last part of the last episode of the last area

But after failling in that damn Boss battle, i really don't want to go there again :\ Boring