NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

My recent Gamecube purchases

Popped into town today with my girlfriend, and we went for a visit to GAME. After looking about, i found what i was looking for...Super Monkey Ball.

You see, i had developed cravings over the last few days for a new gamecube game. But, i didn't just want ANY game. I wanted something addictive. Something i could enjoy with my friends. Something i could enjoy by myself. I wanted Monkies....in balls.

So, mission accomplished, i guess.

However, something else caught my eye. I found a pre-owned copy of 1080 Avalanche, as well. However, something was special about this copy. I spotted a sticker saying "£24.99", but it was crossed out. Underneath it was a freshly placed sticker saying "£9.99".

Inside my head, my own little world, something clicked. It said to me, "dude, you're SAVING money."

I thought to myself "YES! You genius! I have to get this. If i don't get it, i'll be insulting this game, and this store's wonderful staff."

So, i got both games. Both should've come to about 20 quid. However, due to some special offer, i got both for 15 pound.

I left the store with a broad smile on my face. I said to my girlfriend "i just saved money."

She was quick to point out that i just spent 15 quid, but i didn't care. :p

Anyway, about the games: I'm loving both of them.

1080 took a few minutes to get into it. The pace didn't seem right, but after a while you realise that the pace is just right. Fast and awesome. Good sound

track and pretty addictive.

Super Monkey Ball: The bloke on the till asked me if i had played this before, and that this game was awesome. I agreed. I got home, and found myself slowly becoming addictive to this. Whoever came up with the idea of creating a fusion between monkies and balls was a genius, i tell thee.

Both are multiplayer games, and it adds to my collection of other awesome party games. Can't wait to have some mates over to play on these babies.

I just bought from russia with love for £15, its alright. Nothing special cept sean connery's voice which shouldn't be the highlight of a game.

1080 took a few minutes to get into it. The pace didn't seem right, but after a while you realise that the pace is just right. Fast and awesome. Good sound

track and pretty addictive..

You damn well know that sound track rocks. Cauterize ****ing own, Finger Eleven aren't bad either.

I hope you don't mind me putting the games I bought in the last two weeks here :P

1. The Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time (already finished)

2. The Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

3. The Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones

4. Resident Evil Zero

5. Timesplitters 2

6. Second Sight

7. Spartan: Total Warrior

8. GUN

yeah I've been spending too much money lately, oh well...

EDIT: 1080 is awesome, shame the punk soundtrack is so short and all the rest is crap... and the fact that you make all the track downhill and end before the end of the music, I prefer games like mario kart were you do 3 tracks or so :(

they should at least have made bigger tracks (enough to finish the musics)

That is a lot of games, dude!

And yes, the soundtrack is awesome. :)

I think the length of the tracks is just right. I'd hate to have laps in a game like this. It's all about reaching the end until somebody else does, all downhill. Plus, in games like mario kart, you can pass the same point 3 times if there's 3 laps. Meaning, you can use shortcuts more than once. In 1080, its just from the top of the hill to the bottom in one go. Meaning...if you miss something like a cheeky shortcut, it's gone. :p

I realised the other day I haven't bought a Gamecube game since Baten Kaitos :shock:

But recently, now that my exams are over, I'm trying to get many games that are out that I didn't get that I REALLY want. Been trying on eBay to get them as cheap as possible etc. I am trying to get:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (mainly)

Four Swords Adventures

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Killer 7

Chibi Robo

Also looking forward to Baten Kaitos Origins and Super Paper Mario. :awesome:

That is a lot of games, dude!

And yes, the soundtrack is awesome. :)

I think the length of the tracks is just right. I'd hate to have laps in a game like this. It's all about reaching the end until somebody else does, all downhill. Plus, in games like mario kart, you can pass the same point 3 times if there's 3 laps. Meaning, you can use shortcuts more than once. In 1080, its just from the top of the hill to the bottom in one go. Meaning...if you miss something like a cheeky shortcut, it's gone. :p

Indeed it wouldn't be realistic to have various tracks in this sort of game, but it's always so sad to reach the finish line so soon. I'd like to have a loop option where when you reached the finish line you'd just at the beggining and continue going down or something. but longer tracks would do the trick for me, I hope they only have punk rock in the next game... or even better, I hope we can upload the musics we want from our mp3's.

Gameplay-wise I find it very good it's very realistic, nothing like SSX. The "trick" option when you do a big jump and do all sorts of tricks... I completly suck at that, which is a good thing since I've got no skills at all, doing all those tricks in SSX seems unrealistic.

Oh wow, great find. I bought it on launch for £40, but it was worth it, definately my fave snowboarding game thus far. I hope you don't mind me posting it here but, I got Super Tennis for the Snes and Shinobi 3 (which I have been trying to track down forever) from gamestation today for a grand total of £5. A steal if there ever was one.

Last thing I bought was Four Swords Adventures. Awesome game.

Hehe, i'm glad some of you guys are talking about your recent purchases. I don't mind at all. In fact, i encourage it.:kiss:

Stocka: I am also after Fire Emblem. Can't seem to find it anywhere in shops though. :(

Hehe, i'm glad some of you guys are talking about your recent purchases. I don't mind at all. In fact, i encourage it.:kiss:

Stocka: I am also after Fire Emblem. Can't seem to find it anywhere in shops though. :(

I ordered that game at gameplay.co.uk but the date was always being shifted... eventually I waited 20 days and no game was shiped and the ship date was scheduled 15 days ahead (as always) so I canceled the order.

I'm aiming to buy it on one of those ebay stores though, there are guys out there selling many copies at once sealed and all... but they are going at it full price, £29.

here for example:

-> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fire-Emblem-Path-Of-Radiance-Nintendo-Gamecube-NEW_W0QQitemZ8272969729QQcategoryZ27221QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've bought a good few games lately. I went ages without buying any games and then I went on a bit of a shopping spree. I bought Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, X-Men Legends 1 & 2 and Viewtiful Joe. I got all of them pre-owned except for Viewtiful Joe, which I found for a tenner in HMV and that was just too good to pass up. I'm fairly fair into ToS and BK and I finished X-Men Legends 2 with my brother a couple of nights ago. Haven't had a chance to play the other two yet. My Gamecube is getting a lot of playtime lately, its been a while. There's a couple more games I want to get but I think I'll have to buy them online. I was extremely lucky to find the games I got in the shops, I hate how nowhere really sells many Gamecube games anymore..

Sparko: I've yet to buy Viewtiful Joe. I've never played a VJ game! I'm shocked at that, to be honest. I thought that by now i would have played at least the first game. Anyway, that's definitely one to put on my list.

Pedro: It's insane! The prices that people are charging for this game. :shakehead

Tis Rare! its £35 in gamestation, how dare they charge an extra fiver i say!

Im currently hunting down:

Jungle beat

Pikmin 2

Fourswords and killer 7.

Ace discussion/thread btw!

Ten Eighty's a great game... though Im yet to complete and unlock everything in it. I think its overshadowed by SSX nowadays though, I have both Ten Eighties and SSX 3 an On Tour and I think that those two SSX games have a lot of good stuff in them that Ten Eighty is missing. I think the trick system in Ten Eighty is much more realistic but I wish Nintendo had thought of having the whole mountain feel the way SSX has.

As for you Fire Emblem hunters, I have it and Im not selling! You shoulda bought it when it came out!

Sparko: I've yet to buy Viewtiful Joe. I've never played a VJ game! I'm shocked at that, to be honest. I thought that by now i would have played at least the first game. Anyway, that's definitely one to put on my list.

Yeah you should definitely buy it sometime. I haven't really played it for too long yet but from what I have played I can see already that it's going to be great. It's just such a unique game.

I hadn't bought a game since Prince of Persia TT was released so I hunted down on ebay and got Second sight for £11 and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for £3.50 (so about £15 for the both).

The thing is GC doesn't have (or hasn't had) many decent games released in ages (in the past 6 months all that comes to mind is Resi 4, Killer 7 and POP) so I think many people (like us) are going through the back catalogue of games and buying ones we didn't have a chance to get when they were released.

I personnaly would have liked to get monkey ball as well, along with a few others like Hitman, Paper Mario, 1080, timesplitters, spiderman 2 etc.

As for you Fire Emblem hunters, I have it and Im not selling! You shoulda bought it when it came out!

Quiet, you. :p

Yeah you should definitely buy it sometime. I haven't really played it for too long yet but from what I have played I can see already that it's going to be great. It's just such a unique game.

I will pick it up eventually. Just a case of when, to be honest.

Ninty182: I agree. I'm going back over some of the titles which i haven't got yet. There's plenty more which i need, which should keep me busy for a long time yet.

Even into the Wii's second year, i'll be buying gamecube games.

Anyway, i'm loving 1080 now. The speed is fantastic.

Last summer I got some games on the cheap like Second Sight, Soul Calibur and Splinter Cell: Pandorra Tomorrow. They were all like a fiver each, new. I love summer bargains!

Damn i cannot find super monkeyball 2. I have the first but cannot find the second.

Also http://www.play.com have a good selection of cube games.

I need to pick up star wars rogue squadron leader as well.

6. Second Sight

Second Sight was the last game I bought, about a month ago. I played through the first 2 levels and a bit of the 3rd and then never picked it up again... :wtf:

It suffers from the same problem GoldenEye did (afterall it's from the same people), the enemies DON'T stop coming out of nowhere, I hate that.

8. GUN

What can you tell me about this game?

What can you tell me about this game?
GUN is very story-driven from what I played is:

You have a cutscene, play a little till the next cutscene, eventually you'll complete the mission and move over to another, it's always like this.

seems to have a good story or at least well writen, but it has a little violence like decapitated people and suck.

The thing I hated is that you can actually kill the horses from a heart atack if you make them run too much (killed a couple already).

Recent (or still waiting for) purchases on Gamecube are Chibi Robo, Pikmin 2, Mario Party 6, Eggo Mania, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Odama. All pre-owned, or a sale item. Pikmin 2 was pre-owned, but still sealed!

I was quite happy that amazon got Geist in stock again and because I considered buying it for some time now.

So far I'm enjoying it a lot. It has some flawed parts but I actually like the often critized control system when shooting. It makes the shooting parts much more tense without adding a ridiculous amount of enemies.

Being a ghost certainly is the best part and I always feel witty when I manage to scare someone.