N-Europe

Power Metal and/ or other music.

The Bard

Ha, awesome, you have the chance to catch another amazing band, Trivium, who are supporting Maiden. Where are you seeing them? I've got tickets for the Manchester gig, should be fun.

I see on your list you neglected to put Children of the Damned...Blasphemy!!

Anyway, as for punk...you into Bad Religion? They're without a doubt my fave punk band.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the NEC in Birmingham. You can just tell that this gig will be amazing because Trivium are supporting. Cost quite a lot though (about £37 including delivery charge) buts its soo worth it (about a million times as much as that Less Than Jake gig i went to, but that was awesome as well).

Children of the damned is a damn good song, my list of 10 songs cannot compensate for all the good Iron Maiden songs!

Bad Religion, you read my mind! I got into them ever since I heard "You" on Tony Hawk's 2. I like "I love my computer". Sums me up completely.

Yeah thats pretty damn expensive for just two bands, but then again, it is Maiden, so its worth every penny. I got my mate to buy me a ticket tho :heh: the most I've ever spent on a gig ticket is £32 and thats for the upcoming Slayer (with Children of Bodom, In Flames, Lamb of God and Thine Eyes Bleed in support). So tis awesome.

Fave BR songs would have to be:

Atomic Garden, 21st Century Digital Boy and of course, American Jesus.

Guest Jordan

I'd like to agree with my fellow mods and admins. Bard you know i've already warned you about your behaviour on the boards.

This is a friendly place, we'd like to keep it that way. And my god do you always have to use red text? *sigh* Anyway, just cool it or you'll get another.

Are you asking if i've been drinking?

Twas a joke, oyur tyipgn wsa all msessed up.

Red text is The Bard's thing, and we've just had a nice friendly conversation about people who enjoy metal. Perhaps its not The Bards fault he gets angry because ppl go into threads, flame the topic/subject of the thread, creating an argument. This happenned on the 1st page of the thread where people just came onto the thread only to say: "Power Metal is shit!!". If they have no interest in power metal then they should just stay away from the thread and let people who do like metal to post. Bard just needs to control his temper a bit...

Not me to usually defend another person, but he likes Iron Maiden. You gottta respect him.

And my god do you always have to use red text?

Seeing as this is the only worthwhile question you've ever posed, I'll go ahead and dignify it with an answer:

I like red. No one else seems to have a problem with it. Why have font colours enabled if you don't want people to use them?

And look, if someone flames or insults me, you think I'm just going to let it go? No, im not, I'm going to get medieval on his ass until I'm sure he won't make the same mistake twice. If someone is nice and rational towards me, I'll respond in the same way won't I? So hows about you back off, and pay some attention to flaming that goes on elsewhere, instead of this pointless vendetta. If you have a problem with me, well then thats your problem. I am going to argue my opinion whether you like it or not, contrary to what you think, I am friendly most of the time, but I'm not going to be an opinionless sheep for your convenience.

Also, thank you Munky and Zell, for being you. :wink:

I'd like to agree with my fellow mods and admins. Bard you know i've already warned you about your behaviour on the boards.

This is a friendly place, we'd like to keep it that way. And my god do you always have to use red text? *sigh* Anyway, just cool it or you'll get another.

Jordan, did you have to post that on a thread? Couldn't you have just sent a PM to him? Because by posting that, you have interupted a conversation, sending this thread once again off topic, something you accuse The Bard of doing by flaming. Can we just bloody forget about it because quite frankly, no-one cares about petty arguing.

Ok *sigh* anyone else enjoy Maiden or any other metal band here? I haven't got any Metallica albums... can someone recommend me on what ones I should download (whoops slip of tongue, obviously meant buy)?

It would help the thread a hell of a lot if peeps wouldnt constantly be picking a fight over everything with The Bard, most of you are making the same boring points when your quoting and "making your really smart point about him". Shooting a dead dog wont make him any deader...

Oh and to keep on topic, anyone here listened to Suidakra? These guys are fucking epic!Theyre a melodic death metal band.

If in doubt listen to Pendragon´s Fall

Yup, I'll reccomend you some, but I'm unsure as to whether you'll like them or not, they're a completely different brand of metal to Iron Maiden. My Favourite Metallica album is "...and justice for all" closely followed by "Master of Puppets"

Songs from "...Justice" which you should give a try are "One," "Harvester of Sorrow," "Dyers Eve," and "Blackened."

The album has a very dark and sinister feel on most of the songs, so maybe you should try some of their other tracks first, such as:

"Don't Tread on Me," "For Whom The Bell Tolls," "Fade to Black" "Sanitarium" "Master of Puppets," "Leper Messiah" and "Seek and Destroy."

Thanks for your recommendations, there's no harm in trying new stuff... if you dont listen to it, you dont know whether you're going to like them or not. I used to be a dedicated punk rocker, with only 2 maiden songs (run to the hills and the number of thebeast) in my library. After finally deciding to get some albums, they've become my favourite band. Ill probably get Master Of Puppets, Ive always liked the song, so no harm in getting the album.

Oh and to keep on topic, anyone here listened to Suidakra? These guys are fucking epic!Theyre a melodic death metal band.

If in doubt listen to Pendragon´s Fall

Ha, finally someone who's heard of them. They are absolutely immense man, I have the entire "Command to Charge" album, it's fantastic, they're a great deal better than most of the shit that gets labelled as metal these days...no solos though unfortunately...actually I just realised, Reap the Storm has a riff stolen off the In Flames song "swim." Another band that destroy are At the Gates. "Slaughter of the Soul" is sex. I'm very much into the whole melodic death metal thing, What do you think of Kalmah and Children of Bodom?

One thing that pisses me off is some bands that get classified as Death Metal, like Cannibal Corpse, to me death metal is bands like Nile, Deicide and Decapitated. CC just haven't got any cohesion whatsoever, they're a joke, I mean, how can you be taken seriously with song titles like "meat hook sodomy" and "I cum blood." They get a big fat Meh.

Thanks for your recommendations, there's no harm in trying new stuff... if you dont listen to it, you dont know whether you're going to like them or not. I used to be a dedicated punk rocker, with only 2 maiden songs (run to the hills and the number of thebeast) in my library. After finally deciding to get some albums, they've become my favourite band. Ill probably get Master Of Puppets, Ive always liked the song, so no harm in getting the album.

Oh right, well if you like the song, there's every reason you'll like the album...

Let's just all agree to agree that rap is shit and cannot be considered music:D (i know im dissing a genre but... does anyone on this forum actually like rap? Because i generally feel safe in the knowledge that no-one cn flame me cos no-one likes rap on this forum).

There's nowt wrong with hip-hop. Stuff like 50 Cent is shite, but Roots Manuva, MF Doom (And the side projects like Madvillain, Dangerdoom, Viktor Vaughn, etc), and the Beastie Boys are really cool.

It would help the thread a hell of a lot if peeps wouldnt constantly be picking a fight over everything with The Bard, most of you are making the same boring points when your quoting and "making your really smart point about him". Shooting a dead dog wont make him any deader...

OK, I admit it. Baiting uptight fanboys is always fun, no matter what they're into.

Ha, finally someone who's heard of them. They are absolutely immense man, I have the entire "Command to Charge" album, it's fantastic, they're a great deal better than most of the shit that gets labelled as metal these days...no solos though unfortunately...actually I just realised, Reap the Storm has a riff stolen off the In Flames song "swim." Another band that destroy are At the Gates. "Slaughter of the Soul" is sex. I'm very much into the whole melodic death metal thing, What do you think of Kalmah and Children of Bodom?

One thing that pisses me off is some bands that get classified as Death Metal, like Cannibal Corpse, to me death metal is bands like Nile, Deicide and Decapitated. CC just haven't got any cohesion whatsoever, they're a joke, I mean, how can you be taken seriously with song titles like "meat hook sodomy" and "I cum blood." They get a big fat Meh.

Oh right, well if you like the song, there's every reason you'll like the album...

I´m kinda new on the death and melodic death metal metal thing, just mostly

Suidakra, Bloodbath, amon amarth and In Flames. Have always gonna try listen to COB just never started

Never had any desire to listen to CC theyre album and song titles are kinda off-putting to me

Yeah, you should give CoB a chance, they're probably my fave band, best albums are Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper.

Amon Amarth slay! Lol, my band even played the first minute or so of "Down the slopes of Death" at a local gig.

Are you an instrumentalist of any kind?

Edit: Just dug out my copy of Pleasure to Kill by Kreator, and man...it's the most insane thrash record of all time...