N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

OK, is there anyone on this board who supports Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea and actually lives in commuting distance to their ground? :P

i commuted 4 time to machester last year to see 4 games. does kill a whole day though.

been to 2 arsenal games last year and 1 waford game.

i know of someone who comes from Indonesia to watch utd games every 2 weeks or so.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, is there anyone on this board who supports Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea and actually lives in commuting distance to their ground? :P

We're not all fortunate enough to live close to our team's ground. :heh:

I'm still trying to sort out something with my brother about getting tickets to a few games. Thing is, not sure how you go about booking, plus the whole travelling and money thing. Not exactly rich. :(

If you supported your nearest club you wouldn't have to be fortunate :P

And taking a whole day to get there and back isn't commuting distance ;) I mean as in you could work in that town and still live in your house.

My Mum's originally from Manchester, so I kinda grew up following them. A family thing, if you will. Awww, I miss the days when we used to all sit around the tv watching the FA Cup final (United vs Liverpool, with Cantona getting the winner, those where the days).

So, blame my Mum. ;)

Although I live in London and support Man Utd I have been a one united member for a number of years now and im also on the waiting list for a season ticket. I have been to many games over the past 10 years or so at old trafford and quite a few away games. I have also been to about 4 champions league games at old trafford aswell :)

Half my family (dads side) are from Manchester (salford) with most still living there. My uncle has a season ticket and I sometimes manage to go with him if his mate pulls out.

Im a United fan from the late 80's (as a kid) so dont give me no crap about glory hunting as back then I seem to remember a lot of trouble and near to relegation. (damn you Ron Atkinson)

Not only that but it kinda got droaned into me to support man utd as the whole family does. What can I do at the age of 3 when im dressed in a united kit eh??

If I had no links like that I would prob be supporting charlton as they are my local club just down the road.

The team you support runs in your family, it's nothing to do with where you live. My dad is from Liverpool and has supported them all his life, hence I do. And if my kids decide they're supporting someone else I will disown them :).

EDIT: Seems everyone above me made the same point :)

Come on, people support the big clubs because they're winners, and people like to back a winner. Yeah, we should all back our local team, but that isn't gonna happen, I live in Leeds and they're rubbish lol. If I support any team it's Man U, simply because I like wacthing them play, they're always entertaining and play the full 90+ minutes.

I think that's sad, really but at least you're honest. The smaller clubs need support as well and I can't see how it gives people any satisfaction to go "OK, I support Man U. Hooray, we won something" It's the easy way though I suppose.

TBF Leeds don't need supporting.

Come on, people support the big clubs because they're winners, and people like to back a winner. Yeah, we should all back our local team, but that isn't gonna happen, I live in Leeds and they're rubbish lol. If I support any team it's Man U, simply because I like wacthing them play, they're always entertaining and play the full 90+ minutes.

Leeds are not rubbish. Yes They have had a few bad seasons recently which happens to a lot of teams but a few season ago they were pushing to win the premiership and doing well in the champions league. Made it to the semi finals did they not?

Leeds have always been a big team and have won quite a lot of honours in the past. A few league championships and an FA cup I do believe?

EDIT: here you go Leeds United honours list.

League Champions 1968-69, 1973-74, 1991-92

Runners-Up 1964-65, 1965-66, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1971-72

Division Two Champions 1923-24, 1963-64, 1989-90

Division Two Runners-Up 1927-28, 1931-32, 1955-56

FA Cup Winners 1972

FA Cup Finalists 1965, 1970, 1973

League Cup Winners 1968

League Cup Finalists 1996

European Cup Finalists 1975

European Cup Winners Cup Finalists 1973

Fairs Cup Winners 1968, 1971

Fairs Cup Finalists 1967

FA Charity Shield Winners 1969, 1992

FA Youth Challenge Cup Winners 1993, 1997

Done a hell of a lot more than other teams. They are far from rubbish. :heh:

One thing I'll say about Leeds is they're a proper club with real history and loyal fans. The other thing I'll say is that a lot of their fans are utter arseholes. Ended up surrounded by their firm in Birmingham, proper skinhead nutters with tatooed ears all the rockport gear telling us we'd dropped ourselves in the shit for "singing at them" (we were sitting in silence watching the telly) think we'd have got our heads kicked in if it wasn't for legions of BTP following them everywhere.

I support Liverpool simply because all my family is originally from Liverpool, wasnt a choice because they are one of the bigger teams.

I was accused of it once, I was only about 10 and this guy just kept going on and on at me saying i only supported Liverpool coz they had won loads of trophies. I had no idea what to say at the time!

BLuestar, that kinda shows why united are great, probably the greatest club in the world, not only do thay have fans in machester, but have spread all over the world. so most fans are as loyal and love the clubs as the ones in manchester, but them not being able to see their team play isnt really a bad thing, just shows how great man utd are.

in other words, you wouldnt find everton fans in london becuase they arnt as great, its a local team rather than an international team

in other words, you wouldnt find everton fans in london becuase they arnt as great, its a local team rather than an international team

Actually my mate Doug is an Evertonian and he lives in London :heh:

But as like most of us he supports them due to family coming from liverpool and being brought up as a kid supporting them.

I'm a gooner. Arsenal is the fifth closest professional team to where I live. It takes thirty minutes to get to London (if that). Before this season I'd been to around 7-10 games, one being a Champions League game at Wembley (WOWZER!). For the last 4 or 5 years I've gone down to Highbury (Or Emirates this season) for kit launch. Thats right chums I go down to pay £10 more than getting it from JJb or some other place, just because I want to get it from the official store.

This season so far I've been to five games, including the first ever game at the Emirates stadium, Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial. I have 3 games booked, and I pray to lord jeebus I get Tottenham second leg tickets on thursday. I'd say every month I plan (not always getting) on spending half my wages on tickets.

Forgot to mention I was a Junior Gunner as a kid, but parents stopped renewing it, so now I'm a lowly red member. :(

*awaits Stocka to upstage me*

Guest Stefkov

Well I supprt Man U and live in Manchester so I could visit the ground. It's wierd though, I've never actually took the time out to purchase a ticket to watch a game. I've only ever been to a united match less than 5 times. So much for a supporter eh?

Anyway, United vs Arsenal at 4 today. Should be a good match with Larsson, however my dad said Fergie's playing Rooney as a left winger.

Revenge for that 1-0 Arsenal win last time they played...

see how all liverpool fans forget everything that happened last week and act as if everything is normal.

9 goals in 2 games, IN 2 GAMES!!!

hehe nice one

I have a feeling that Rooney will score today. The stage is set for him so he should go out there and produce something special!