Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hansen is the best football pundit by far.

Has anyone seen this by the way? What do you make of it?

Whoa, that's pretty....wow.

On the one hand, it stops people playing for draws. On the other hand, teams will just play for penalties instead.

I say no. Keep it the way it is.

Watched Tottenham play earlier, and I must say that I think they look really, really great at the moment. Dare I say it, I actually enjoy watching them play, and they get results. Arsenal fans, take note. :heh:

Can't get rid of draws. Thats just fudging ridiculous. We go through enough heart ache on an international basis with penalties, to bring it domestically would reign mass suicide upon the country.

I agree with that.

Plus, what about games where both teams really have a go at it? Surely they deserve to get something from the game, if not the win?

Still cant believe arsenals ticket prices. jeez.

To be fair I'm happy to pay them, which is more shocking. They are expencive, but I don't really spend my wages on much else. Some people binge drink, some smoke, some gamble. I buy Arsenal tickets :smile:.

So to me its something worthwhile, though it doesn't leave me with much in the old savings account.

Plus, what about games where both teams really have a go at it? Surely they deserve to get something from the game, if not the win?

Thats what I was thinking. Imagine it, last game of the season Team A needs a point to win the league. Full time comes and the teams are level. Goes to penalties and Team B wins, and Team A get nothing. I'd be absolutely furious. I'd probably go down to the leagues head office and go ballistic.

There is no way the FA will get rid of draws. I can never see that happening and personally would not like to see that happen.

Anyway, I watched the Man City vs Chelski match today. Really boring, think the only shot on target was the penalty chelski had.

Thats what I was thinking. Imagine it, last game of the season Team A needs a point to win the league. Full time comes and the teams are level. Goes to penalties and Team B wins, and Team A get nothing. I'd be absolutely furious. I'd probably go down to the leagues head office and go ballistic.

It's a good example, but that's a pretty extreme case. :D

Just, imagine watching a game (maybe as a neutral) where both teams contribute to a fantastic football match. If they both score 3 goals each and the match ends in normal time, why not just let them go with the piece of mind that both of them added something special to that game? A point each sounds alright, I think.

Anyway, I watched the Man City vs Chelski match today. Really boring, think the only shot on target was the penalty chelski had.

You should've watched Spurs on ITV1. :D

Watching Chelsea is almost as fun as setting your own arse on fire and watching it burn.

You should've watched Spurs on ITV1. :D

Watching Chelsea is almost as fun as setting your own arse on fire and watching it burn.

I watched the end of the first half and the end of the 2nd half as Chelski seemed to kick off earlier than them :)

Spurs looked impressive, especially Berbatov and Huddlestone.

I watched the end of the first half and the end of the 2nd half as Chelski seemed to kick off earlier than them :)

Spurs looked impressive, especially Berbatov and Huddlestone.

Huddlestone was unlucky with the own goal. He plays great for the first 20 minutes and then he concedes an own goal for all his hard work. Awwwww.

Berbatov is just wow. Can't really fault the guy. Great awareness, good linkup play with his team-mates (especially Keane) and he can finish. He makes scoring goals look so easy.

Guest Stefkov

I wish i watched the tottenham match now. My dad had it on the City match and it was really boring. The other game had what...5 goals, and another 5 in the last game?

Tottenham are doing well in that cup. I just want to see them do that wel against big teams like chelsea and united.

I was so sure we could have got a point out of last night's game, what with Arsenal being a weakened side. But I forgot something...

...Villa will always do that.

-----------------

My opinion on scrapping draws: Has already been said by Ian Holloway.

This is exactly what I want from a Spurs side, winning, but entertaining everyone at the same time.

Still need to sort out our defending from set pieces but the team is gelling together nicely now, players like Zokora are fitting in well, just need Ledley King back now.

In my opinion we just need a left sided midfielder and maybe a replacement for Mido since he looks resigned to leaving now and we're sorted I think.

It still pains me to think how good this year could have been with Carrick in midfield.

This is exactly what I want from a Spurs side, winning, but entertaining everyone at the same time.

Still need to sort out our defending from set pieces but the team is gelling together nicely now, players like Zokora are fitting in well, just need Ledley King back now.

In my opinion we just need a left sided midfielder and maybe a replacement for Mido since he looks resigned to leaving now and we're sorted I think.

It still pains me to think how good this year could have been with Carrick in midfield.

Carrick was a big loss for you guys....just like Vieira was for us. I still miss him.....:cry::heh:

EDIT: Looking at your first sentance, why don't u just support the Arsenal??:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

yeah, dropping draws would be appalling. I think it's part of the game that's is very important, especially when it comes to smaller teams taking points of the big clubs.

I think if you instituted a must win scenario you would just open the gap further between the top clubs and the bottom ones.

Carrick was a big loss for you guys....just like Vieira was for us. I still miss him.....:cry::heh:

EDIT: Looking at your first sentance, why don't u just support the Arsenal??:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I disagree with your comment about Carrick. He's helping United a great deal (people won't agree because he isn't a flashy player, but we dont need that, we need consistency and he brings that) but I feel that Spurs can function without him.

I still feel that Arsenal are a bit lightweight in midfield. Apart from passing and running through defences, I really don't think there's that much variation to their attack. IMO. Vieira added weight to the midfield, and just balanced things out if that makes sense. At the moment, I think there's an unbalance at Arsenal.

Found out today my friend managed to get me a ticket for the first game at Wembley. That'll be cool, though we're leaving the house around 9:30.. That means I'll have about 3 hours sleep after work :(.

wow, id love tickets to wembley, especially the first game that gets played there (when MU win the FA cup). who cares whether you get 3 hours sleep!

as for Carrick, i think he is very good, he just isnt noticed much. I think hes a player that you only appreciate how good he is until he misses a few games.

And whats that about scrapping draws from football? thats like taking the cheese away from cheese cake!

Is it the under 21's game? If so sell it! I hear they going for up to £500 on ebay :D

Sounds like a tidy profit. But I'm a football fan, not a business man. So I will be enjoying my day at Wembley watching our amazing under 21 team.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!