NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Does anyone know if Leeds 26 points is the lowest ever to be attained in a Championship season?

Arsenal 1-0 up, Chelsea down to ten men!

It's 36 points actually, but I'm not sure about it being the lowest.

Sunderland fan on 606 claiming on his flight back tonight that he saw Big Sam at Newcastle airport!

YES! Go man united :D

Such a happy day. We really deserved it this season aswell. Hopefully we can bag the FA Cup aswell.

Come on, it's been on Sky Sports but nowt on the official site yet!

*refreshes nufc.co.uk*

Carling Cup for sale on eBay

The Carling Cup (also known as the League Cup) today appeared on the internet auction site eBay with an asking price of £500m.

The seller, known only as “TheGreatOne†has listed the item as being a part of a collection “that now cannot be realised†and it is described as being in used but excellent condition although some light polishing may be required to remove tear stains.

Those interest in purchasing the Carling Cup should be aware that they will have to arrange to collect the item themselves as postage is not offered with the sale. The item is currently located at a small team in Fulham.

Pundits are puzzled by the move, and are also unsure as to the significance of comments by the Cup’s seller requesting genuine bidders only and that payment would not be accepted in roubles.

Chelsea Football Club, the current Carling Cup holders, would not comment on the eBay listing but denied rumours that they were the buyers who had posted adverts on eBay’s “Want it Now†service for the Premiership and Champion’s League trophies. Both advertisements expired this week.

http://surrealscoop.blogspot.com/2007/05/carling-cup-for-sale-on-ebay.html

lolz!! :heh::laughing:

good he deserves 1!!! over the course of the season hes been magnificent for us... u can sit there and laugh at players like fletcher, but without are fringe & back up players this season we wud not have the luxury to say we are the champions right now... ppl like o shea, brown, fletcher, richardson, ole and heinze have been remarkable this year and to come in & do the jobs they have done and not complain once has been great to see... a good squad wins u the title, we have shown that even with injury problems these players can make the difference...

bring on the party atmosphere on wednesday :santa:

amen, seeing atleast 7senior players, things looked grim but players Flecth, O'shea stuck in there!

Very Very Happy Day!!!

CHAMPIONS MANCHESTER UNITED 06/07!!!!!

Anyone know if Alan Smith earned enough caps to get a medal?

I think you have to make 10 appearances to get a medal according to sky sports 9 starts and 6 sub appearances so yeah he would...

I was wondering that, I hope he gets a medal.

LOL @ the eBay thing!

prolli fergies best ever title win, people wrote him off yet he built a fresh new team from scratch

Say what?

Suppose buying in Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Solskjaer (did I spell that right?), Ferdinand, O'shea, Wes Brown.

In all seriousness Ferguson hasn't built a team from scratch, I'll give him credit he's bought well, and United fully deserve the title. But he didn't build a team from scratch.

Arsenal on the other hand should have won today, too many times we wasted good oppotunities in front of goal. Bring on Pompey and 3rd/4th place final day show down.

Say what?

Suppose buying in Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Solskjaer (did I spell that right?), Ferdinand, O'shea, Wes Brown.

In all seriousness Ferguson hasn't built a team from scratch, I'll give him credit he's bought well, and United fully deserve the title. But he didn't build a team from scratch.

Arsenal on the other hand should have won today, too many times we wasted good oppotunities in front of goal. Bring on Pompey and 3rd/4th place final day show down.

YEAH C'MON POMPEY!!!!

yeah he hasn't so much built a new team, rather reinvented and freshened up the treble winning team and give them fresh impetus. But that isn't to take anything away from the achievement, i'm glad Man Utd have won was getting sick of Chelsea winning it!

Come on, it's a classic tale of a young arrogant pup running riot for a while then the old experienced dog final getting the best of him. Fergie is the king of the Premiership, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mourinho wasn't out by the end of the season.

Fergie was being written off a while ago and Man Utd have come back and won.

classic example of some1 taking something too literally... my point is, hes built the team from scratch when it comes to our style of play and backbone... signings like vidic, evra, kuszczak, van de saar, heinze r all players hes brought in over the years that has enabled r defence to have the eventual stability we were lacking...

the way hes coached the likes of rooney and ronaldo, away from there spoilt young player routines has been phenomenal and both r showing this level of coaching thru there world class displays... signings like carrick and park have added so much more depth to r midfield... only thing i can really say fergie hasnt really done is focused the team around an out and out striker, but that shud happen this summer...

arsenal at the moment r in the transition period we were in, ur come out of it im sure and be eventually challegening when things click into place...

the best managers (fergie, wenger) know when its time to change the system and get in new players to re shape squad linguistics...

ferguson is prolli the greatest club manager english football has ever seen

Two things:

a) Could you start to type using correct English rather than text speak please

b) When you say best managers do you not think Jose Mourinho is one of the best managers in the country?

Arsenal on the other hand should have won today,

You're shitting me right? Chelsea were obviously the better team during that match.

one thing that's been bothering me lately, why do Chelsea only have two centre halfs and two centre forwards? Surely they should have realised this would cause problems through injuries

who gives a crap if im not writing in perfect english, tbh only a really picky nerd wud highlight this... ur the first person who has complained, so its obvious ur being petty...

Yeah I mean forget the fact that in the rules board it states:

- Where possible the use of correct grammar and spelling is encouraged. Always check your spelling and grammar before you press "POST". Also avoid CAPS LOCK and txt language, as this can get annoying real quick

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4

Championship special on tonight at 11 on ITV. Its bollocks coverage like but I suggest you watch just for Norwichs own goal.

Not a freaking bickering match again is it...:nono:

Bit late but, United won the title :grin: happy happy me.

Championship special on tonight at 11 on ITV. Its bollocks coverage like but I suggest you watch just for Norwichs own goal.

That goal upset my dad. Though he was relieved that they've managed to convince Dublin to sign on for another season.

You're shitting me right? Chelsea were obviously the better team during that match.

The fact that in the second half we hit the cross bar, and had several oppotunities where we should have scored, yet our players are too stupid to shoot.

arsenal at the moment r in the transition period we were in, ur come out of it im sure and be eventually challegening when things click into place...

I hope so, we need Henry and Van Persie fit, and possibly a new winger. Need to start challenging, and not dropping points to crap relegation teams. Our record against the top 3 isn't bad;

W 3

D 2

L 1

One thing with Arsenal is they whilst some games they will have so many chances in some games, there are sometimes times when they should have a pop and they just don't they will try to play a through ball instead, or play a neat one two, they need to stop that, either that or sign a great goal poacher...

One thing with Arsenal is they whilst some games they will have so many chances in some games, there are sometimes times when they should have a pop and they just don't they will try to play a through ball instead, or play a neat one two, they need to stop that, either that or sign a great goal poacher...

I agree. We play a bit one dimensional, need to vary our play.

omg i used caps lock to highlight the word champions, because i was happy and ur threatening to try & get me banned... hahahahahahahahahaah get a life buddie, get a life... lol at u acting like i type like some hard to understand spastic, when its clear thats not the case... the guy with the hoover is only backing u up cos hes all bitter with me over the other night lol...

tbh i think u shud just find something more constructive to do with ur life, rather then examining my speech and moaning because ive shorterned words such as - you & are... most of the forum do it, cos this is called the internet...

go ahead and try to get me banned for shorterning like 2 words rofl...

Well if you read what you write when you write like that it does make you seem like a "hard to understand spastic".

The fact that in the second half we hit the cross bar, and had several oppotunities where we should have scored, yet our players are too stupid to shoot.

Nah, it could have gone either way. Chelsea came close quite a lot too with kalou's shot saved and joe cole being marginally offside.

Fair result overall.

omg i used caps lock to highlight the word champions, because i was happy and ur threatening to try & get me banned... hahahahahahahahahaah get a life buddie, get a life... lol at u acting like i type like some hard to understand spastic, when its clear thats not the case... the guy with the hoover is only backing u up cos hes all bitter with me over the other night lol...

tbh i think u shud just find something more constructive to do with ur life, rather then examining my speech and moaning because ive shorterned words such as - you & are... most of the forum do it, cos this is called the internet...

go ahead and try to get me banned for shorterning like 2 words rofl...

1. Thats f*cked up.

2. I don't think he's trying to get you banned...

3. I personally find it annoying as well.

4. You're practically the only person who does txt language to your extent.

5. Stop telling him to get a life, when clearly being on a nintendo forum isnt the ideal life situation.