N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Yeh exactly. Rosicky is a goal scoring midfielder and the fact that he aint even scored in the league yet shows you that he aint fully adapted to the EPL.

Next season he will be much better just like Hleb.

No. Rosicky is fricking amazing. Its not about his goals, his contribution, every game I've been to (that he has played in) he's ran his bloody legs off. He unlike other wingers we have, is very good at tackling and back tracking. His shooting boots often get left behind but he isn't a Pires amount goal scorer.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a midfielder isn't just about scoring, imo. It's about so many other things, such as setting up your team-mates, taking part in attacks, your defensive duties.

If he can bang in a couple, then excellent. But, if I see a player play on my team for 20 games and he doesn't score a single goal, yet he works his arse off, helps provide goals for others, is trying to at least have attempts at goal, then I would still be proud of that player.

Being a midfielder isn't just about scoring, imo. It's about so many other things, such as setting up your team-mates, taking part in attacks, your defensive duties.

talk about stating the obvious! i am a central midfield player for my club and you have to be incredibly fit, defenders and attackers do as well but midfielders do the most work on and off the ball.

united arsenal this sunday, cant wait.

ps. why was veron sold, he was incredable.

I loved Veron, and he had a bastard of a right foot. I've always felt he was quite a one-footed player though, I don't recall him every doing much with his left. I may be wrong though.

Trouble is, he's one of these players that loves his time on the ball. As soon as you close him down, or the pace quickens, he doesn't perform.

Of course, you can expect matches like that in the Premiership week in week out. Good pace, quick closing down..meaning he didn't perform consistently. One week he could be the best player in the world, the next he would be a shadow of his abilities. I still wish he had stayed, though.

Liverpool v Chelsea too. Awesome footy weekend. This is going to be the turning point where Arsenal move towards 2nd place, you watch :kiss:

No chance! :heh:

Yeah, there's the whole getting upfield and then tracking back. Pretty much running for the whole 90 minutes with little rest.

Goalkeeping tbh. Stand in one place for 90 minutes with the occasional dive. (Unless you're against Chelsea, obviously :D)

That said, they always catch the flak.

Yeah, whenever goals get scored, questions are always asked of the keeper: "Could he have done better?" "should it really have gone in?"

If a striker misses 3 or 4 great chances, but scores 1, nobody really gives a damn about the missed chances due to the striker having scored.

However, you can't really have that with a keeper.

When a striker makes a blunder, quite often the replay is played again and the commentators have a little chuckle - it's something they all do.

But if it happens to a goalkeeper, he's ridiculed and the replay is played constantly.

They recieve much more bad press for letting in goals, and almost none when doing a spankingly good job.

If a striker misses 3 or 4 great chances *cough*SAHA Cough* , but scores 1 *cough*SAHA Cough*, nobody really gives a damn about the missed chances due to the striker *cough*SAHA Cough* having scored.

I hate saha with a passion if you havnt noticed.

Fullbacks tbh if they're any good.

You can have a cookie for that comment! (I use to play right back, we won division two and then the team folded because the manager didn't want to take us to the adult leagues).

Bought tickets for Arsenal vs Bolton. It'll be a tense match but I love the FA Cup, especially because at Highbury towards the last few seasons I could only ever get tickets for cup matches. So its nice to experience the cup at the Emirates. Got a nice list of games coming up now, Bolton, Wigan and Man City. I pray to jeebus I can some how get a Tottenham second leg ticket.

It really boils my piss when people (Usually armchair Sky fans who support one of the big four no matter where they live) refer to Man United as "United".

I think it depends on the context you're given.

For example, Babooo talked about the gooners smacking united, and you instantly know what he's on about.

Whilst you have other teams with the name United, they usually only have one team: for example, Newcastle. If there was Newcastle City, then that would probably be somewhat of a problem.

But, if you're watching a Newcastle game, I don't see the problem with calling them Newcastle or United. Unless they're playing Manchester United, which will then be really confusing if you called them United. Gah.

The way to solve the problem: get rid of man city. ;)

Unless I know the person is a Man Utd fan, I always think Leeds United when someone says United. It must be because when i was young friends of the family were Leeds fans and I spent a lot of time with them.

What really pisses me of when people refer to teams with some childish nickname like ManUre and Arse-anal. I have no problem typing rival clubs names.. its not like just because I've typed Man Utd I like them.. Idiots.

I think it depends on the context you're given.

For example, Babooo talked about the gooners smacking united, and you instantly know what he's on about.

Whilst you have other teams with the name United, they usually only have one team: for example, Newcastle. If there was Newcastle City, then that would probably be somewhat of a problem.

But, if you're watching a Newcastle game, I don't see the problem with calling them Newcastle or United. Unless they're playing Manchester United, which will then be really confusing if you called them United. Gah.

The way to solve the problem: get rid of man city. ;)

Even when we're playing Man United you still get people saying "United have just conceded another goal" when we score against them/

Even when we're playing Man United you still get people saying "United have just conceded another goal" when we score against them/

Yeah, in cases like that it can be annoying as well as confusing.

Like I said, get rid of Man City, and we can just refer to them as Manchester. ;)

Carrying on this United argument. Most fans whose teams are [insert team name] United, call their teams United.

My dads side of the family are all from Manchester and all support Man Utd (except one crazy cousin who is a city fan) and they all refer to the club as United.

Me and the Mother also refer to the red devils as United. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

To be honest the players also refer to the club as United aswell. Listen to Gary Neville in an Interview... its always united this, united that.

UNITED *clap, clap clap*