NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Carrick has been poor especially for the £18 million you lot paid for him.

FLOP!!!:yay:

I don't know what player you've been watching recently mate.

Also, you can't really call a player a flop after 3/4 months. After a season or 2 maybe.

liverpool apparently to get maschorano on loan, a very good deal there. if it works out, a perminant deal will be done.

personally i think hes a great player but has not been given the chance to prove it, only played total of 3 hours or so.

exactly £18 million for a midfielder, at that price you would expect a midfielder to have popped up with at least 6 or 7 goals by now and a few assists and Carrick has 0 goals and 1 assist

Have you ever actualy seen Carrick play. Hes about as likely to score as Van Der Sar is.

Have you ever actualy seen Carrick play. Hes about as likely to score as Van Der Sar is.

That is too true.

I don't know what player you've been watching recently mate.

Also, you can't really call a player a flop after 3/4 months. After a season or 2 maybe.

hes good but hes not world class........ yet........ maybe never...... cant tell yet.

that was my point though an £18 million pound midfielder should be scoring goals and laying on assists and so far for Man Utd he's not done that

I'm not knocking the guy, he is a good player, but for that money you should be getting so much more

I think Rooneys the ideal replacement for Scholes tbh.

Edit: something like this in the future

Foster

???? Rio Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Hargreaves ???

Rooney

Saha

Basicaly Rooney playing deep hargreaves to sit back and Carrick to ping balls about to Saha/the wings. Could work really well imo.

I like that idea. It also gives Rooney more space to run into, as he's effectively running from midfield, and he loves doing that.

I think that's the way to go, to be honest.

Carrick has one of the best ball distribution and pass completion records in the premiership. He is class. Just needs to get forward more. Next time you watch United, take a look at him, his movement off the ball and vision when he has the ball is 2nd to none.

I agree with that. His passing game is excellent, but he isn't as attacking as I'd like him to be. He seems to be more of a linkup player, a player who starts breaks/counter attacks, etc.

I'd like to see him challenging a bit more, and striving to get forward. Fergie said to Evra that he'd like him to get forward more, and Evra has been doing so. I think he's only scored one goal so far, but he gets forward a hell of a lot. I'd like to see Carrick looking at Evra as an example to this.

Carrick has been poor especially for the £18 million you lot paid for him.

FLOP!!!:yay:

Poor?! He hasn't been overly amazing, but he hasn't been by any means poor. No way in hell.

Infact, I think he's been just what United needed. Somebody in midfield to keep things steady, to make sure the passes keep flowing. Carrick and Scholes have been, in my opinion, one of the best midfield partnerships this season. It's just a pity that Scholes is aging. :(

Infact, I think he's been just what United needed. Somebody in midfield to keep things steady, to make sure the passes keep flowing. Carrick and Scholes have been, in my opinion, one of the best midfield partnerships this season. It's just a pity that Scholes is aging. :(

I'm sorry but he's been a bit flop (someone cut my tongue out quick), he's not been as good for United as he was for Spurs. I've yet to see him really well and truely control a midfield, and I've not seen him score many (I recall a few beauties for previous clubs).

Though things can only get better for him, he's young and at a club where potential youngsters do turn out to be amazing players. No denying that.

Stocka, are you going to Eindhoven? I'm going to slap in an application for two tickets, hopefulyl they'll go to Red members. Me and my bro on a trip to Holland to watch the Gunners. Be legendary.

I'm sorry but he's been a bit flop (someone cut my tongue out quick), he's not been as good for United as he was for Spurs. I've yet to see him really well and truely control a midfield, and I've not seen him score many (I recall a few beauties for previous clubs).

Though things can only get better for him, he's young and at a club where potential youngsters do turn out to be amazing players. No denying that.

Agreed. 100%

Stocka, are you going to Eindhoven? I'm going to slap in an application for two tickets, hopefulyl they'll go to Red members. Me and my bro on a trip to Holland to watch the Gunners. Be legendary.

Don't think so mate, why? Well I don't want to go too much into details but basically I no longer see my Dad and so I can only go when he isn't going.

Don't think so mate, why? Well I don't want to go too much into details but basically I no longer see my Dad and so I can only go when he isn't going.

Just wondered. Sorry to hear that man.

On brighter news, Arsenal will beat Liverpool today.

On brighter news, Arsenal will beat Liverpool today.

I hope so mate. :grin::hmm: :wink:

i truely cant tell which arsenal will turn up, the good, the bad or both. liverpool have been good recetly and are back in the title race while arsenal dont seem to have the consistancy.

is henry gonna play?

Maximillion, as nice as it was to read that Liverpool are back in the title race... I just cant believe it. Though if by the end of February the Pool continue their great form, I can see em being within ten points of the top by Spring.

I hope Liverpool sure do beat Arsenal. The Dirky shall be in the oven :bowdown:

i truely cant tell which arsenal will turn up, the good, the bad or both. liverpool have been good recetly and are back in the title race while arsenal dont seem to have the consistancy.

is henry gonna play?

ROFL!!

I believe Henry will be playing, Wenger said the team will be very close to the team that played Charlton.

liverpool have been good recetly and are back in the title race

As nice as that would be, I really can't see it happening.

Liverpool back in the title race? Cmaaaan, I know people are trying to be optimistic these days, but there's no need for that! ;)

Bluddy hell, just shows how surprising games can be. I thought Liverpool were by far the better team in the first half, yet Rosicky manages to put two away..from outside the box.

Shocking stuff. :heh:

Kuyt, who has been great, has got a goal for the 'Pool.

No more than they deserved, to be honest. Have Arsenal left their own box this second half?

Its crazy we are all over Arsenal yet we are still getting beat. The goal from us was always coming just need to get another 2....

Can't believe the defending for the Rosicky's second goal, shocking doesn't even begin to describe it!

Hope Liverpool can get the second goal, they have been the best team by far!

Edit, Peter Crouch just took the ball past somebody - is that a first?

Oh dear. :heh:

Not deserved in the slightest, but they've got the win, so I doubt they're going to care. For a non-Arsenal and non-Liverpool supporter like me, it's been a bit of an uneventful match to watch.

Well, as predicted, the Dirky was in the oven. Set it up for an interesting spell til Henry somehow got his Goat In.

Shocker.

Fair enough the Pool had virtually all the possession but we still dont know what to do with it! I thought Benitez would have upgraded us by now, argh.