NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

Healthy Eating!

platty - if children choose to eat crap then that's fair enough, but our government is right in choosing not to promote such a lifestyle.

its not crap its lunch!!

as i said earlier when i was at school thats what i used to eat everyday - a sandwich, a biscuit, a bag of crisps and a drink. thats what i think of when someone says lunch to me, and thats still true now, for example i had 2 ham rolls and a packet of salt and vinegar squares for my lunch today!

For me i thought my lunch option at school & now is healthier than eating two hot meals a day!

if i would have gone into the canteen and ate a hot meal at lunch and one for dinner i would be massive american style but i didnt and im not.

i don't know where you got the idea about rabbit food from, all the government are removing are HIGH fat, salt and sugar foods, not anything that includes them. i think we will have to agree to disagree, because i see no sense in your logic. you talk about improving the education system, and yet this "rabbit food" you blast is PROVEN to improve a child's performance in class.

The best thing to improve a childs performance in class is to bring back the cane, and teachers that know the subject in what they are teaching, the eduction systems is up shit creek. The goverment need kicked up the arse if they think this is the way forward, we need fat, salt and suger to live thats why it exists.

There is so much pressue these days to be thin espically for girls, hence why there is so much cases of anoxica (sp) and bullimia, even sharon osbourne has admited to it.

By the way i know my spelling is shite and i should go back to school witht the wankers in goverment :p

Actually while on topic, decided to gain a bit of weight which seems surprisingly fun. Drink milkshakes, eat yogurts, biscuits and pasta. Not too shabby. Think its right for the goverment to be concerned, but it seems to be a bit of a moral panic more than anything to be too concerned about at the moment. Ah well, I don't run this place so it doesn't matter.

Sorry to get involved, but I think Dukkadukka has explained everything perfectly clearly and yet still people choose to misunderstand - theyre not removing all salt, fat and so forth from the menus. Yes, we need them (in small amounts) to live - but unless youre eating solely fat-free vegetables cooked in plain water, you will be getting salt and fat and sugar from what youre eating - just not the unhealthy levels that were being served up before.

Soag, this has nothing to do with encouraging people to be skinny - far from it. Its an attempt to stop OBESITY and other disorders relating to poor diet, not to suggest that we should all be stick thin. Do you really think they will be letting kids waste away on a lettuce leaf a day? The food that they will (hopefully) be supplied with will minimise health problems related to the crappy diets kids are getting (again, hopefully), and will still sustain them. Imagine a school was feeding hamburgers every day - now imagine that they are feeding reduced fat meats with not nearly so high a salt content. Is that bad?

An absence of fast foods doesnt mean salads is all that is on the menu.

I too am struggling to understand why people think this is a bad thing.

________

Electronic Cigarettes

Edited by Johelian

i dont think its a bad thing i just struggle to understand why people eat two big junk food hot meals a day. of course your gonna get fat from that! stick to breakie - toast or cereal, then a sandwich lunch then a hot dinner and then a kebab on the way home from the pub.... oh wait everything except the last thing.

i dont think its a bad thing i just struggle to understand why people eat two big junk food hot meals a day. of course your gonna get fat from that! stick to breakie - toast or cereal, then a sandwich lunch then a hot dinner and then a kebab on the way home from the pub.... oh wait everything except the last thing.

Definitely :) If less fast food is available to kids to eat, then they wont eat it (so long as more nutritionally-sound yet appealing choices are).

________

Kawasaki Vn1500R

Edited by Johelian

Definitely :) If less fast food is available to kids to eat, then they wont eat it (so long as more nutritionally-sound yet appealing choices are).

Nah they'll just go down to the local Fish & Chip shop, trust me.

The less there is, the more desirable it is.

There has to be a way...

yes and then if they dont like what the canteen are cooking up their mummy's and daddy's could stop being lazy and make them a nice fresh sandwich to take in for lunch.

Nah they'll just go down to the local Fish & Chip shop, trust me.

The less there is, the more desirable it is.

There has to be a way...

Hmm...I would love to see a primary school kid going to the chippie :/

But, so long as its handled properly and kids can be exposed to healthy foods that they will actually like, this shouldnt be an issue.

I personally prefer the idea of sandwiches too, but I guess its just not a viable option for everyone.

________

Honda RA272 history

Edited by Johelian

Hmm...I would love to see a primary school kid going to the chippie :/.

I was thinking secondary schools, the food is actually pretty decent at primary schools; well the one I went to anyway.

Packed lunch all the way

I like this idea, i just hate Jamie Oliver

My Mother bums the hell out of him, does yours? perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she is a food teacher

I was thinking secondary schools, the food is actually pretty decent at primary schools; well the one I went to anyway.

I imagine we both went to primary school in the days before Turkey Twizzlers.

I don't get the general animosity towards Jamie Oliver. I can only see good things happening in regards to his push for healthier school dinners, and even if — as many cynics cite — the whole thing is about PR, that wouldn't make the repercussions any less favourable.

Aimless is right - its Primary schools that I believe are at the front of this whole debacle. Twizzlers and Potato Smiles? Yes, because the salt content of those isnt way over average :indeed: These things shouldnt have been allowed to have fallen to this level - although in all fairness I think that schools budgets for food have been pretty poor until Jamie Oliver's series. Suddenly - magically, almost - the government have found money to pump into the system.

While Im all for healthy eating, I cant help but balk at the ludicrous nature of how this scheme has come about.

________

MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Edited by Johelian

Hmmm I wonder how different the food is at primary schools after 8 years now you say that.

Are they ALL as bad as the one Jamie Oliver went to? How are we to know? I mean none of us actually go to primary schools.

This is a little unfair--I think there's quite a lot of schools out there making the effort, especially after Jamie Oliver.

hey cheap! i agree that the food at our primary school was good, like 8 years ago, but it could of changed yeah... i wonder! ...maybe....or....yeah..... i got it....all beat you at SC2 just u wait! :awesome: :heh:

hmmm i cant quite remember back to the food at my primary school 11 -16 years ago but i do remember always having a packed lunch in my transformers lunch box!

sandwiches!! why dont school canteens stop selling hot food and just make fresh sandwiches for the children to eat ? many different fillings could be had! and then by the time they get into secondary school they would be used to healthier eating and carry on eating the sandwich!

but smiley faces do rock.

Hmmm I wonder how different the food is at primary schools after 8 years now you say that.

Are they ALL as bad as the one Jamie Oliver went to? How are we to know? I mean none of us actually go to primary schools.

This is a little unfair--I think there's quite a lot of schools out there making the effort, especially after Jamie Oliver.

I think that Oliver's series actually prompted an investigation into the menus at schools, and was discovered to be pretty grim. And schools cant make an effort without the funding - which in some cases is why the food was as bad as it was in the first place.

sandwiches!! why dont school canteens stop selling hot food and just make fresh sandwiches for the children to eat ? many different fillings could be had! and then by the time they get into secondary school they would be used to healthier eating and carry on eating the sandwich!

A nice idea, but I think that schoolkids would rebel at the thought of eating sandwiches every day. Remember, most kids dont actually care about whats good for them, which is why making sure that the food theyre offered is good is so important. ;)

________

PROTECTION AND INDEMNITY INSURANCE DICUSSION

Edited by Johelian

They do sell sandwiches don't they...?

And the smiley faces did rock! :heh:

yeah they are nice! we had them in secondary school to they were nice then to, if food like that is gonna be serverd then its obvious whats gonna get eaten!

ifirjjkt.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

yeah they are nice! we had them in secondary school to they were nice then to, if food like that is gonna be serverd then its obvious whats gonna get eaten!

ifirjjkt.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

We had smily faces in secondary school?! Since when?! Oh how I missed out...

ifirjjkt.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

Food like that is what is bad ;) The salt content of those is stupidly high.

________

HONDA NSR500V HISTORY

Edited by Johelian

Food like that is what is bad ;) The salt content of those is stupidly high.

Hmm I'm not fat and I practically lived on those things as a kid; I think it's because of my psycho metabalism though.

Don't worry, I like to eat healthily nowadays though--and I want my kids to do the same.

Sign in to follow this